Test Patch Notes July 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick556

I predict Scythes becoming the easiest ESF in the new air game.

yes....yes...that's sad.
  2. Messaiga

I don't think the Reaver was ever really underpowered. It was probably just the old offset making new pilots not thinking to compensate for it. The new aiming still has an offset on the Reaver, but it is so little that it is not very hard to compensate for it, and it really only happens when you are moving upward or downward, of course there is bullet drop as well so that might contribute.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shahz

I dont mind them having more DPS, but THAT much more DPS is absurd. I agree with you that they dropped the clip size too low... they tried to compensate that with more damage... WAY TOO MUCH which is why I say its over powered, they need to make the clip 30'ish and make you work a little harder to hit a target rather than just letting you get a lucky spray and win... because currently that is all it will take to win.... a good pair of sprays.... and put into the hands of a pro pilot.. god bless us all.

The increase bellow is more than 2x that of the hailstorm.... and almost 2x the increase on the m18.... hell the new hailstorm still doesnt do as much as the OLD vortek and thats fine, but boosting up the Vortek a whopping 112 PER SHOT is a hell of an increase, and yes i think the clip reduction on the reaver was also excessive. they seriously need to weigh the changes and think of a new plan.

• Hailstorm Turbo Laser: Damage increased from 308 to 360 : 52 dmg increase : 5 clip decrease
    • Vortek Rotary: Damage increased from 388 to 500 : 112 dmg increase : 20 clip decrease
    • M18 Rotary: Damage increased from 237 to 315 : 78 dmg increase : 0 clip decrease
  4. Messaiga

I think they could lower it to something along the lines of 420-480 damage per shot with the current ROF, and then bump up the mag size to 30 bullets and undo the changes to the clip size upgrades.
    • Up x 2
  5. nukularZ

How about giving NC some G2A equivalent of ZOE max, lock-down max, or TR striker?

I get it that NC may have the best dog-fighting ESF, but after the G2A **** we've had to deal with from other factions for quite some time now, I can't feel sympathetic at all if we end up being so. If your factions are going to have superior G2A, then we need the better A2A.

But even then, there are so many other variables being changed that who knows how things will play out. Maybe a slow firing 500 damage will be completely overpowered. Or maybe it won't. The VS Scythe already has an advantage when using dual photons during rotary reload (why so much damage per shot? the same question being asked here), and when it comes to fighting a Reaver straight on, if DPS is similar between the two, the only thing that's going to matter if who has the better accuracy. So yes, you can still fight a Reaver head on. Especially with your thin head on frame.

Mossies on the other hand. **** them. I hope they're the worst. After having to deal with TR lock down maxes and Strikers for months, TR A2A can burn in hell for all I care. :)
  6. Riku

I personally don't think we are going to. Lockons will (@ GU14 or latest 15) be mostly useless against aces (& average players, but they will fall for traps). Hell, I don't even know when the last time I got killed by a striker was. Less QQ, more PewPew.
    No idea about ZOE Bursters but do you really still fear burster maxes? They're only annoying...is all :D
    • Up x 1
  7. DeadliestMoon

I assume you've tested these in the PTS right?
  8. Messaiga

Indeed I have, out in the battle (If I can find an enemy ESF) and in the VR.
  9. DeadliestMoon

There needs to be more people on the Test Server.
  10. Messaiga

Definitely, as it stands, it is hard to test anything that is actually combat oriented without there being an event scheduled on the test server for a specific date and time.
  11. Retromech

I have noticed that the Vanu SMG, Sirius SX12, has a broken reload animation. It seems to have the animation of the NS PDW-7 (At least I think that's what its called.) I haven't tested the other SMG's, but it might be worth looking at all of the SMG's. Thanks.

P.S I really like the new optimisation patch.
  12. mtrush

agree %100 its really like they don't know what they're doing at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.