Test Patch Notes July 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torok

just for the record, no dome shield on Esamir, but they still are On Indar :) with an updated art for the mid shield diffusor
  2. Insolence

He is pointing out that the VS has had 3 cosmetic changes done, where the NC has had 0.
  3. Duvenel

Earlier on you said that they were changing the 'model' which to me means the weapon itself as a 3D 'model', I know that they changed the 'model' of the lasher a few patches back, which is why I was confused/surprised when you said that they were changing it again so soon.

I kinda figured that was what he meant, but when he said the word model I wasn't sure if he was talking about the 3D model itself or something else to do with the lasher. Thanks for clarifying though.
  4. Alfarandals

The new Esamir is just so beautiful, thanks you so muuuuch SOE ! :'D
    • Up x 1
  5. ghnurbles

Went through the audio changes, I like all of them except the Solstice's wind-down whirr.

Looked at the bases, they've all improved. Some are definitely going to be fantastic to fight at (I can't wait for a good fight at Elli Forest Pass), some I don't think will work so well, and others will need a solid playing-in to see what works and what doesn't.

Everything else seems good.
    • Up x 1
  6. iccle

New esamir is awesome many changes in the right direction. Couple of things i noticed:
    • The lattice does not appear on the map.
    • The base shields at eisa are at right angles to their correct facing.
    • Up x 1
  7. Alfarandals

One thing :

The new TR pistol Inquisitor is just bad ... Vanu's Cerber get 200 of damage, NC's gun get nearly 400 of damage with Burst and TR pistol get 167 of damage and no burst : Your finger will die because you have to hit too much your mouse to kill somebody. TR always get some crap new things ... May be TR will get one day a sound revamp ? And also fair weapon ?

One more thing :

The Vanus factions are preferred by developers and it's annoys me that the NC and TR are abandoned

Vanus are still crying for their gun or sound, so pathetic
  8. Messaiga

6 words for the TR: Striker, Fracture, Prowler AP + Vulcan. I main NC myself so I gotta deal with all of that, and I would not say Vanu are preferred by devs. Higby is a die-hard NC (so is his dog), Luperza is VS @ Heart, T-Ray is VS @ Heart, and don't get me started on that guy that has the initials AC.
  9. Psyqe

Love the new Esamir look. I'm particularly looking forward to some great infantry battles in The Octagon. LAs will be very useful for the initial breach since the entrance is such a chokepoint. I imagine a defending MAX set up on either side could hold the attackers out for ages.

East River Sky Station and the new two-tower Munitions Corp (which, as someone /y'd, brings back memories of Facing Worlds from UT <3) are also great.
    • Up x 1
  10. Torok

man those outposts are designed so damn good ain't them? :D :D
    can't wait for Amerish already lol, that's just way superior to what we have now :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Alfarandals

And where are OP weapon for Terran Infantry ?
  12. Shahz

I am a dedicated scythe pilot and I agree with everything you say I tested out the scythe for about an hour and a half vs a mossie and a reaver, dog fights till fire.... had at least 10 fights with each un-interrupted.

My take is very close to yours, the mossie on live server is currently the harder of the 2 for me to go toe to toe with, and the reaver is hit or miss based on how skilled the pilot is.

Now with the new changes I was doing a lot better against the mossie where as i usually lost to this player on the mossie on live, sometimes getting him down to burning before i was even smoking, he mentioned that the playstyle is for sure going to be completely different for the mossie now, once he adjusted the fight got a bit more complicated but no where near the effort i have to put in on live at the current state.

So my take is the mossie got hit pretty hard thus far on the test server.

As for the scythe against the reaver on the test server.... the fight is basically dont go too far away because if you get past the drop off damage he is going to whale on you with painful shots still while you tickle him with pellets, sure you are more accurate but at a distance its still not an easy shot regardless to speed, the damage on the scythe drop off is not great and i dont expect it to be, but the reaver can still pound you out the sky. I seemed to have a lot easier time close because if my ret was on the target, he was being hit EVEN while moving the leading was barely needed, the shots were still registering on the ret. My only thing is even when you have a reaver on fire and you arent even smoking yet, 5 or 6 shots in one small spurt can bring you down to fire in a split second, i think it is a tad bit too strong, even the reaver pilot I was fighting was laughing at how strong it was... and doubted it would make it to live.
    with that said, the changes are pretty awesome and i think they may upset a lot of the "elite" pilots because it is going to completely change the style of fighting that they are probably very accustomed to..... I think it will add a higher skill cap for the pro pilots and a lower one for the rookies.. what i mean by that is a reaver pilot that just started can take down scythes and mossies with no problem now because it only takes a very small amount of shots landed to shoot down the scythe or mossie.. specially if they have another buddy with them.

Pro scythe / mossie pilots will still **** bad ESF pilots with ease no matter the changes, though they will be in trouble when trying to fight 2 or 3 compared to live because there is very little room for error if you are fighting reavers.

In the end I think the Scythe is a lot better than it is on live right now, I think the mossie is a lot worse, and I think the reaver is just a TAD bit too strong with its damage but other than that i really like the changes, and yes I am biased but this is my point of view, give yours.
    • Up x 1
  13. Messaiga

There are none, just as there are none for the other factions. To be honest all of the infantry weapons are pretty well balanced.
  14. Shahz

Get hit by ONE of these shots then talk to me.

It just means you cant hold down your mouse button like a shot spamming nub and win no more, but you could do it for little spurts and actually aim your nose gun and **** the utter living crap out of anyone.... even equal level'd players will have a pretty hard time out aiming you because they can not stay still even for a second for that nice accuracy on the scythe to kick in... and nevermind the mossie they are ***** at their current state on the PTS they are not going toe to toe with a reaver
  15. Messaiga

So you are saying because the Reaver has more DPS it is OP? Then what advantage would we have? Is the Reaver supposed to be a POS? Honestly, they could have just decreased our mag size to 30 instead of 25 and they didn't have to nerf the mag size upgrades, I would have been fine with that and I am sure many other people would as well.
  16. MD-jesse

TR pistol is not really bad but you need to have fast fingers and your good maybe a little damage buff, OP infantry weapon T9 CARV easiest recoil i ever played with
  17. Rak

It is not OP because it has more DPS, it is OP because it has significantly more DPS, to the point where if a reaver gets the jump on you, you will not be able to win. This disparity in TTK between the Reaver and other ESF's is almost half a second, that is a ridiculously HUGE advantage in favor of the Reaver. As it is on PTS right now, if you take two equally skilled pilots, put one in a Scythe and one in a Mossie, the fight can go either way; the two aircraft are pretty well balanced now. If you take two equally skilled pilots and put one in a Reaver and the other in either a Mossie or Scythe, the Reaver will win every time; there is no room for error when fighting a Reaver now, it's broken. When other top Reaver pilots are even admitting that it's OP....it's OP
    • Up x 3
  18. Messaiga

We'll see how it pans out once somebody can get a video showing TTK side by side between all 3 with rotary cannons, starting on the exact same frame, firing at the same target. On PTS the Reaver requires more accuracy with the rotary than it does right now, which I am fine with. But if the Reaver does not have the DPS advantage, then it doesn't really have anything. Each rotary has one thing it is particularly good at, the Reaver having high DPS, the Mossie having a large clip, and the Scythe having faster bullet velocity and faster reloads while everything else is about middle of the road.
  19. Riku

The main problem is that the most common type of dogfight among higher skill pilots isn't a dogfight but a hover fight.
    In a hover fight, only four things are important: V-Thrust, AB speed and DPS and to some degree inertia as it makes you harder to hit while easy aiming is still possible. The reaver excels in every category hands down. Velocity is bollocks if you're only like 75m away from your target (and Scythe has 0 inertia so is actually easier to hit than a Reaver), and bigger magazines but less damage per round is even worse (better short bursts, then reverse as you reload, burst etc. - as mossie you have to hover for a while til your magazine is empty, and can't go for precise bursts).

A lil bit I do agree with RAK but ultimately I just want some fun and challenge, if the pts version makes the nc guys stop qrying about how underpowered their beloved Reaver is, I am happy with this change.
    • Up x 1
  20. Rak

The Mossie's large clip is entirely meaningless in a dogfight. Anyone who actually dogfights at the top level of this game knows that. SOE obviously does not have any top pilots working for them :p

I agree that the Reaver should have a DPS advantage, but when that advantage is so significant and in the most important area of dogfighting, there is a problem and it needs to be adjusted.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.