Test Patch Notes - 8/1/2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Aug 1, 2013.

1. LanceHavenbay

Yupp. ESFs dead. Release then and people are about to drop your game cold turkey.
  2. Emotitron

Yup, happy accidents like the reverse maneuver are what game developers dream of... rather than kicking them squarely in the balls. This is like removing strafe jumping from Quake.
    • Up x 3
  3. aestheticend

The ignorance in this change is really staggering....

First of all vertical thrusting is not just about "The Reverse Maneuver". It is about being able to displace yourself out of the enemies crosshairs while still giving yourself a chance to aim at them. Being able to move perpendicular to your attack angle and change direction while in hover.

This is akin to removing STRAFE from infantry troops. How fun do you think that would be? Idiots just standing in one place while shooting. I think we should try that for a day and see how the community reacts.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ranik

In theory I would too. Problem being, the endless cover and terrain features benefit infantry far more. Infantry will be completely maneuverable in the plentiful terrain and their are endless places to dump sunderers and spawn a tide of never ending infantry. Meanwhile the range/speed advantages of Vehicles will be nullified by said terrain and in open areas limited by fog.

It's a great looking continent. But it's a nightmare for ground anything.
  5. kurato

I think esf dogfighting should have this mechanic.
    http://not.vlambeer.com/luftrauser/
    if you use gas tank and thruster to get up to certain speed, you should be able to do some midair drifting.
  6. Spartan3123

MOST NC PILOTS ARE SKILLED... thats why MOST NC PILOTS use the reverse maneuver. ALL ESF's can perform the reverse maneuver but other pilots don't because they have OP ESF's... if your in a mossie with racer frame 3 you and pretty much out run everything. If your in a sythe you can turn on a dim and have a tiny hitbox head to head.. therefore they don't bother do complicated moves.
  7. Snoozzzer

Still against the nerf here but....

You'd think from reading that the pride and joy of the dev team, aka Hossin, having been partially unveiled would attract more attention than a singular vehicle nerf. Do many players actually care about the new map?
  8. Emotitron

Alright, just spent 20 mins flying around with an open mind about the reduced AB in hover.

Terrible terrible terrible all around. I don't how even new players would like this. AB in hover is just like spinning your wheels in mud. You can't expect pilots to stick around after a year of flying with a certain amount of nimble mobility, and then throw ankle weights on them and expect them to stick around.

PLEASE forget about this awful idea. I don't want my last memory of this game being a mass exodus of many of its best players.

WHY break one of the best happy accidents in the game? And entire culture has grown up around mastering maneuvers involving this mechanic. Breaking this turns air into little more than Tie-fighter vs xwing.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nikushimi

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. YamiNoTenshi

Exactly! This nerf only takes away the fun experience of learning how and when to use it, it's a weird change considering I haven't seen anyone complaining about it either on forumside or in game.

I tried it on the test server last night and it's just horrible, it's turned what used to be most fun part of the game into what feels like a hovering turret battle :(
  11. Goolashe

I'll be blunt, you guys just can't seem to stop shooting yourselves in the foot, can you? Granted you are going somewhat in the right direction by FINALLY adding in another continent, but the player base is already small enough as it is that once the school year starts, the game will be more deserted than ever before.

From ridiculous prices in the store to nerfing vehicles and aircraft into not much more than cert pinatas, this game has become one of the most horribly run games I have ever seen.

I mean, why the hell would you try and push MLG onto a never ending, massively multiplayer game that, with seemingly every patch, seems to remove any possible skill-based combat, which is pretty core to MLG in the first place? Forcing MLG components into a game where people have to deal with many others just forces more of the nicer people to deal with the asshats that only care about stats. With small matched-based games you had the option of quitting the round and starting another one, but with this, unless there is another large battle going on (unlikely with how this game encourages zerging lately), you have to put up with those people.

This game has just become dead to me, and the incredibly small player base for a game of this undertaking proves says that I'm not the only one who thinks that. Honestly, something really isn't going right if Counter Strike 1.6 is still way more popular than this game. If pretty much anyone other than Higby was put in charge, and SOE tightened up on their QA (I mean, seriously guys, it's like you don't care at all. That, or you guys are catching so many bugs that you miss the ones that we do see), and they didn't charge comical amounts of money for items in the store and require lots of grinding to get it for free, this game would be a HELL of a lot better.

I REALLY want to see this game succeed. I've had a LOT of fun with this game, especially in the beta, though I have to admit that part of my fun is finding the bugs as I think they are hilarious to experience (most of the time. The flicker bug wasn't exactly the nicest bug to keep seeing). I've dumped a sizable amount of money into this game too (around $60 to $70 on the two triple station cash days since around the same time and after the game came out), but it's literally coming to the point that I regret spending money on this game because of the direction it's been taken in. Higby REALLY needs to stop trying and make the game into something he wants it to be and focus on making it more like the first game was. If I wanted to play an infantry game, I would play BF3 or something, and with the way the game is now and where it's going, it will be more deserted than a ghost town when BF4 comes out.

Go back to being the more niche game you were before, PlanetSide 2. It was FAR better that way, though I don't mind seeing some changes in how it works, as that is the point in making a second game.
    • Up x 1
  12. Vanon

A few things:

Hossin:
    Very beautiful and well done. I love the base designs. I can see plenty of places for defenders and attackers to take advantage of. I like the cover on the bases and the tree's as well, however, it seems there is little reason to pull vehicles as you over did it on protecting infantry. With the extra anti vehicle shields, the tree's, the fog and cover on the bases, there will be no real reason to pull anything other then a sunderer. It's way to infantry friendly.

Hossin at dark is horrible. You can't even see the ground infront of you. Night time really needs to be fixed.

ESF reverse speed nerf: I'm fine with this, it takes alot more skill chasing after an esf then pulling a reverse maneuver. The circle straifing always was annoying. Dogfights should be about the chase. The problem with this, is the anti air REALLY prevents that from shining. Dogfighting will die off becase by the time you get on someones tail your usually over an adjacent territory or 2 territory's away. It's simply to easy to wonder in enemy territory. The moment that happens you'll get lockoned and bursters to death
    • Up x 1
  13. Van Dax

I love how dark it gets, I can totally imagine how much our spec ops division is going to love this.
    • Up x 1
  14. MANBURGERS

the cheapness of stealth is the one thing that redeems it as something worthwhile (only 30 certs per vehicle for something largely situational), otherwise we're pretty much better off using just about anything else in the defense slot (and many if not most have already dumped likely thousands of certs into things like composite armor or auto regen). Making it so that we have to cert into it without actually buffing what it does makes it just another cert pit and a guarantee that most will likely never use it again (its an extra 1300 certs per vehicle just to get it back to where it was for most vehicles, and an extra 2400 for the flash...) and its not like we're still living in the days of the stealth + radar Flash/ESF as they already nerfed the radar to only be effective when there is someone in the vehicle...I really don't see the point

now if they reworked stealth to where it might give a false radar signature rather than none at all, that would be something I might cert into...
  15. Kulantan

Flashlight are more than just a joke? Great.
  16. Garakan

No, SOE!
    I dont want an Afterburner Reverse Nerf. Dont do it, SOE.
    To Quote myself with some more Insight about what i think and why:
  17. Torok

Only because something is on Test Server doesn't mean it will go Live like that, if you keep feedback as constructive as possible i'm sure they will Listen, maybe a good pilot at SOE Live could talk Higby into his opinion and stuff, anyone here is there aswell? :)

btw i'm not taking sides yet
  18. Dramonicous

FINALLY ESFs nerf!!
    **** u ******* flyboys, u have been crying for nerfs for everything that can kill a aircraft.
    This is no where near enough thou, ur flare should get a 1min cooldown at max rank cuz lockon weapons are complete crap against air now. And bursters r a ******* joke, u need a minimum of 4 maxes to even have a shot.

Vanu maxes have the only defense against ESFs and its the (dual) Vortex, and guess what... YOUR CRYING FOR A NERF ON IT TOO! It takes massive amount of training and skill to down ESFs with vortex, SHUT UP U ******** ******** THIS AINT A COMBAT FLIGHTSIM!
  19. rockNoob

OHHHNOOO THEY NERFIN REVERSE MANOUVER HOW CAN I NOW FARM INFANTRY WITHOUT GETTING 1 CLIPPED NOEZ
  20. YamiNoTenshi

The fact that it isn't a flight sim is exactly what makes flying in PS2 fun, if you don't like flying and you only want it to be nerfed because you don't like planes I suggest that you go and put your mind to something more useful, like being a door stop or a speed bump.
    • Up x 3