Test Patch Notes - 8/1/2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Redemer

In case u didnt notice I was arguing with a "pro" that they should make it EASIER for beginner 2 start out flying and yes how did u know that I had gone of my meds??
  2. Silkensmooth

I would love this change. It makes sense.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ouch Electric

ESF thrust change is no good.
  4. atyemail

What's the point of changing lift factor? It's like you are feeling pity for the people who can't do maneuver, well it's not easy and that's one of the fun part in flying an esf. If you are reducing the lift factor of an esf it would mean that you are taking away a significant part in flying an esf and also people who are good at esf must suffer the same fact as people who does not have the ability to maneuver
  5. morbidar

Cry more there are plenty of people like me even who can do it but it's autistic. And as they said it's still there you can still do it
    you just can't go 999 MPH whilst doing it, that is why you bastards like doing it because it makes you pretty much unable
    to be hit by casual gunners and the like. Which makes you seem quite bad to cry about it going or not. I am pretty much a
    full time pilot of the libby galaxy and scythe, I like flying but I also don't like to abuse a flawed mechanic "because skill"
    when you don't even need to do it to kill something in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  6. Karzi

Your argument is stupid as hell. The reverse manuever is an legit manuever which is beeing used by everybody who has more than 18 hours in their ESF. They say you can still do it but its useless because you barely move . THis manuever has been used to get away from people who jump on you , or to dodge them so you wont be insta gibt by someone who dives on you , and since you can barely outrun people as it is , you are dead . There is no way to be able to prevent this. And they do it so "causual " players can hit them is the most disgusting thing ever. If you want to get a game into MLG there is such thing as casual support and if you think there should be than please uninstall and go play minecraft. This nerf will lead to that ace will use full certed afterburn tanks on those who dont wont even stand a chance. The fact that you hate those mechanics marks you as a casual player , because everybody i know who flies and isnt sitting on 0.8 kdr isnt looking foward for this patch.
  7. Raptor425

ummmm I'm kinda out of my element with the flying here (my computer couldn't handle it so I never learned), but yay Hossin...

*takes cover in the bunker waiting for more people to express their feelings about the ESFs*
  8. skifton

You've got some valid points here. Personally, I don't tend to "duel" pilots, and I don't care if they think they're better than me. Maybe they are; I just don't care about that. Figured I'd get the little dick-measuring thing outta the way ASAP.

I've seen just about any variation there is to the reverse. Once you get "the reverse" down, all it takes is rolling your airplane in funny ways and using pitch to keep your plane on target. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's not the end-all-be-all of flight. If you think that "tricky variations" of the reverse maneuver are what win dogfights, then you are, as you put it, a "baby" who is too afraid to find other ways to kill enemies.
    On mattherson, 1/3 lib pilots don't fly for more than a few minutes (usually) because they get shot down. Start a character on Mattherson, fly your 1/3 lib, and try to kill some of the good pilots on this server. Not going to happen. I'm not bragging about myself here at all. I mean, I can honestly say I've never chased a 1/3 lib that I didn't either kill or LET go on my own accord...but I'm not the best pilot on Mattherson by a long shot, and I find it extremely easy to kill 1/3 libs. So, whatever you wanna think is fine with me. You don't fly here. I'm not going to get into a flame-war about "who's server has better air"...there are awesome pilots on every server. But I've never seen a successful 1/3 lib on Mattherson, and the day I do, I'll repost here and tell you all I was wrong. I assume you're saying he could kill me over and over in a 1/3 lib by gunning himself.

Here's a list of pilots that I personally know that could kill your buddy pretty much every time in a 1/3 lib, one-on-one in an ESF:

Naterain(who is also against the changes to reverse), Weblin, Harvester, ArcFaultNC, IronfitsLMS, Wowbagger, Roz, Scorpio, Killah, Dreadnaught, Ender31, Tukutasala, Rak, Rudelord, Mpkstroff, Qqqq, Herby20, Insolence, Takumi9, Keystoned, Rahsun, Larxxx, Friednug, Aarth, SwineFluNC, YumaAsami, DeimosRising, skifton2 (myself) and many others.

I'm not calling these guys out, many of them I rarely talk to. I just know they're aces who don't even think twice about killing 1/3 libs. I fly with a few, and they're really good. You can "look them up" if you want to...just don't call them out for me mentioning them, that's rude. ;) Many of the above pilots are against the "nerf" to the reverse as well..they're not all in agreement with me on the topic by any means.

The underlying mechanic of a reverse-style maneuver is that it moves you in diferent directions. Even on the PTS it still does that. I'm guessing with all this needless whining, they'll still nerf it, but nerf it less than they currently have it berfed on the PTS.

This brings us to an interesting point that may have been touched on already: They're adding a cert line for the afterburners that will make the reverse-style maneuver more effective. I'm guessing you'll be able to cert into it to get it back to "normal" and fly just like you used to. They're adding specialization to the maneuver so the air-to-air jockeys can cert into it and use it to destroy enemy ESFs in the air, while giving different cert possibilities for other styles of flying. In my opinion, more specialization and options means a higher skill-ceiling and more people flying. More targets/threats means more skill to find the good pilots.
    As a note, I'd be happy with it if the devs reduced reverse-maneuver effectiveness by maybe 40-50%, instead of 75% or whatever it is now on PTS. I don't think it needs to be nerfed into the ground; I think it needs a look and needs to be rebalanced. Reavers, for instance, have incredibly strong AB thrust. They get a HUGE boost from the reverse in whatever direction they choose to go. To reduce the effectiveness of an often-used maneuver will foster developments for pilots to learn to balance out "how they kill an enemy ESF"...instead of reversing and throwing ammo at an enemy, they'll be encouraged to hover-fight a little, strafe a little, use cover a little, etc etc. It creates a more dynamic air fight.

This game isn't just about "how good can I be", and I think people miss that point a lot. It's a massive-scale war; and air can't cap points. You can kill 1000 ESFs over an AO and get nothing done because you can't take any bases. Hoorayyy you can kill enemies in the air...you're missing the metagame.

Don't get me wrong here; air-to-air is incredibly important, not to mention fun. I fly with guns/AB all the time, and get plenty of ESF/lib/gal kills with it. It's a good weapon-system and I do enjoy the reverse-style maneuver just like any pilot enjoys it when they can use it. I use it for altitude gaining, blasting out of cover or around biolabs...you name it. It's a great maneuver, it just needs to be an option rather than a necessity.

Long and short here is that reducing the effectiveness of the reverse-style maneuver *while adding a cert line for the AB pods that make it equal to what it was and give other options* makes the air more fun and opens up the skill-ceiling with the new weapons and the new cert lines to give pilots more ways to do things.

If you don't agree, I don't care. We'll see what they end up doing, and I'll keep playing because PS2 is fun as hell. Happy hunting.
  9. DeadliestMoon

Seeing as how the start of September is 13 days away and Hossin, the Resource Revamp, Implants, and the Infiltrator Update are all predicted to be out by that month and nothing new has yet to come out on the Test Server, one of these things is going to be pushed back.
    • Up x 1
  10. AdrianM

hahahaah yeah right only one thing being pushed back im figuring alot is going to be pushed back