Test Patch Notes - 8/1/2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Redemer

no offence but from watching your clip you dont even seem like an ace and yes they do need 2 dumb it down a bit I for 1 think its rediciolus that u almost need your rocket pods 2 make your ESF worth flying this alone makes a lot less ppl fly and i welcome the reverse manuver nerf in my opinion it was needed and it will hopefully help more ppl start flying and we will prob somday get more ppl that call themself "ACE" and "ELITEIST"
  2. Silkensmooth

This makes no sense. You are comparing apples to oranges. We are talking about ESF vs ESF. We are talking purely about nerfing skill here. Its not as though the pilots who use the reverse maneuver are using an op weapon against you that you have no way to counter. Its amazingly balanced because you can do it too.

You have an extremely viable defense against the reverse, and that is to practice and become better at flying.

Vs a pre-nerf burster max, you could not see the burster most of the time, and even if you could locate him there was no strategy where you could defeat him, unless he was really bad. No matter how much you practiced.

Its like a HA screaming for a nerf to their shield because the other guy has figured out when to turn it on, and he never remembers. "I always forget to turn my shield on when im taking fire, and i always lose to HAs who remember. So can we just get rid of the shield or nerf it into uselessness so that i dont have to learn when to turn it on? Kthanx!"
  3. Silkensmooth

I'm sorry but you clearly dont know what you are talking about. What good pilot runs rocket pods?

I
  4. Medlen

I have played planetside since day 1 live. The way the air to air combat works in this game is amazingly fun, ive probably spent 1/6th of my game time in the mozzie. I consider myself a good pilot and enjoy the dogfighting in planetside 2 more than any other game ive ever played. It requires lots of practice and patience to preform correctly.

Why are you punishing players for investing time and effort into your game?

If you follow through with the nerf to vertical thrust you lose my premium membership income, no questions asked, no excuses.
    • Up x 1
  5. Medlen

On another note though, Mass Drivers seem quite balanced, The locust cannons seem rediculously Over powered against aircraft. TTK on a lib ~8 sec, TTK on and ESF < 3 seconds. from what i could tell they don't even need to complete their spin-up under ideal conditions in the VR. They will need a re-tune.
  6. Sarethor

I'll start by stating I'm also unsure what SoE is trying to achieve with the ESF change. It doesn't feel like it'll have any appreciable impact on how the game is played from where I sit.

While I understand why all the top pilots aren't happy with the ESF change, in principle, I don't see it fundamentally changing the game for them whatsoever. Honestly, given the massive skill gap between them and the rest of the population I'm surprised they're not bored - or perhaps they are?

Based on land mass/timing/population alone, the amount of actual A2A combat that happens for them versus someone of their skill tier is negligible.

It feels like they may actually end up downed somewhat more frequently by lesser skilled pilots but I'm not sold on that point. The intrinsic understanding and control of the airframes overwhelmingly favor them in all circumstances - even if someone gets the jump on them. They'll still be able to evade till reload, flip around - albeit slower - and blast them.

The majority of the time, you can - and will - find them farming lots of ground targets and all the unfortunates who've been in the air less than 2mins in their ESF and/or have a fraction of their ability in A2A. :eek:
  7. Redemer

HEHE your so funny m8 I cant stop laughing
  8. Redemer

2 be a "PRO" as you guy call it you shouldnt only be able 2 counter air or ground but handle any situation and 2 handle for example a skyguard u need 2 take him out quickly (the most easy way anyway) and that usually means rocketpod his *** I say congratz m8 u can kill som ESF but can u kill Gals of Libs??? prob not unless the gunners and pilots are complete noobs and now u just made me want this update even more so I wont have 2 hear ppl like U :)
  9. MistaN

I know how to fly in PS2 & I know how to use the reverse thrust effectively.
    So with that said, once the nerf goes through....can I just reverse what you said and have you say "ok"?

Learn to fly w/o the reverse manuever...etc etc
  10. MistaN

11. Dreadnaut

Yes you totally could. And it would be a fair statement.

The thing is, reversing makes flying in PS2 unique, and that's just a fact, regardless of who likes it and who doesn't.

I support making reversing at a factor of 8 limited to running AB tanks, and running anything else at a level 2. That makes sense.
  12. LlamagoMmmm

Lol, dude, first of all, i dont think im any sort of 'ace' or 'elitist'. I just fly alot, im probably just an average pilot. I cant tell myself, il only take it from other people whether im good or not. Secondly, i recorded that clip ages ago, ive gotten better now. And, you need rocket pods to be good in the air??? That is complete bs. I have used rocketpods in a2a combat, and yes, they can be quite effective if you know how to use them. But also extended afterburner tanks can be a very good choice too. This allows you to a, catch up with other esf's. b. Have a bigger ability to perform more maneuvers with the tank size, as well as more chance option to avoid enemy fire. And most lolpodders are guess, running rocketpods, and are groundpounding etc. I never even bought the reavers rocket pods till br 60 or something, before, i had just purely been doing a2a dogfighting with the afterburner tanks since br 1. And the people who are 'aces' or 'elitists' are people who have bothered with learning to fly, and have spent ages learning how to be good. If you want to be an ace, you have to work for it. It shouldnt just be given it to you on a plate...
  13. LlamagoMmmm

4 clips to a lib, 3 if accurate (close range after latest nose gun update). If you know how to take out a lib, its no problem, no rocketpods needed, they are just usefull while your nosegun is reloading (and also the nosegun can be more accurate on libs, unless your close range with the lolpods. I think the ttk with the rotary compared to the rotary+rockepods is slightly quicker, not sure, im gonna check it out ^^)
    Galaxy only needs 1clip on the reaver(should be the same for scythe/mossie - cant remeber) for the assist exp unless its already smoking. Otherwise, for the amount of ammo you waste, for a gal that the people will probably bail, isnt really worth it to be honest.
    Pro pilots dont always go simply a2g, most go a2a, but some also go a2a and a2g, and theres no problem with that
  14. LlamagoMmmm

I dont get it though, why'd you want the reaver to be nerfed even more If all the good reaver pilots have left??
  15. MistaN

It's still there, it will just be a maneuver that you use for something else. It wont be as strong as it is now, you can till pull it off and use it for different things...just wont be able to use it the same way as before.
  16. Redemer

my point my friend was dont u think its easier for beginers 2 simply use rockpods while 2 try 2 learn instead of being told of by some wannabe pro kid and now for the chessy comment THE AIR BELONGS " EVERYONE GOOD OR BAD and personally I dont understand why 2 brought up the liby thing since its rverse manuver nerf they cry about mostly and the new weapons arent that great (atleast last time I tried them)
  17. Silkensmooth

I'm afraid he's gone off his meds.
  18. wankelgnome

The update hasn't automatically downloaded and I don't know how to manually do it. Can anyone help me?
  19. DeadliestMoon

Ummm this is for the Test Server, if it's not already updated then I don't know how to help you.
  20. wankelgnome

I know it's for the Test Server, that's why I posted in the Test Server Section, what I mean is that all the previous patches and updates and stuff did download and install, but not the latest one.