Test Patch Notes 7/8

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Czuuk

Nah. Redeploy is borked and OP. That and "the community" has already lobbied successfully that defenders shouldn't need resources to defend. That's why all the bases got redesigned into a box.
  2. DorianOmega

Tiberian Sun Side 2; it WOULD BE AWESOME but its already been done and is not a unique idea.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. DatVanuMan

Say what you will, my good man. If such a lobby was made, then it means that redeploy is a purely choice-based feature. Use it, don't use it, IT IS UP TO YOU.
  4. Ryker

This sounds great, but how many nanites do things cost?
  5. MrJengles

6. Scr1nRusher

after playing with the nanite system so far.

its really good and feels smooth.

But the problem is that cutting off territory and cutting off the warp gate doesn't limit resource flow and such.

maybe that will happen in phase 2.
  7. MrJengles

The redeploy meta has evolved because it's the most effective strategy. It's not much of choice to tell players they can be less effective and slower if they want to.

You need restrictions on redeploying so that transport becomes at least as effective. Or, even better, it should be much more effective if you're in a squad or platoon, but solo players can still use redeploy. This is achieved by creating queues so you can't move large amounts of players all at once.
    • Up x 1
  8. Czuuk

It's a game breaking mechanic that allows platoons of people to avoid playing in an open world, combined arms game in favor of instanced battle grounds.

Not to mention the fact that it breaks immersion in the universe that PS2 created. Huge pet peeve of mine. Everything is made of nanites, nobody ever dies because nanites, but it's free and easier to redeploy across the map, building and desposing of mortal flesh like so many empty candy bar wrappers than it is to construct a vehicle and drive there.

Sloppy. Lazy. Immersion breaking.
  9. DatVanuMan

*Look at the word queues* EWAHT? NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [IMG]
  10. Furluge

Wasn't the whole point of this resource revamp to make it so...
    A) Resource gain was split among a faction so overpop factions would gain resources slower since it's divided among more people.
    B) Make a way to win a base by attrition by exhausting the defender's resources
    C) Make reasons for defenders to leave their bases as they had to collect resource nodes.

What I'm seeing here is much less.. robust... than the resources system that was promised a year ago.
    • Up x 2
  11. Czuuk

This is (hopefully) only phase one. Perhaps phase two of the resource revamp will actually effect strategy as you have noted. As it stands, it will still exhaust attackers resources faster.

Also, nice H4TZ. ;)
  12. Furluge

I am the person I know of on twitch who lists his hat stats right next to his gaming rigs. Gotta keep those priorities straight. :D
    • Up x 1
  13. eBlaise

I have a few issues with the new resource system.
    I know that the issue of the current system was that resource denial was practically not something that could be done in regards of infantry items because of the stock that can be built up, but this feature was also the thing that gave a buffer to players without resource boosts to stay on par with those with boosts.
    Vehicles and MAXes had the limiting factor of the acquisition timer, so unless the timer was fully certed, there was limited benefit of the resource boost over those without.
    In the new system those with the removal of timers, and inventory stockpiles, those with resource boosts get a very clear advantage over those without, in regards of access to vehicles and infantry consumables.
  14. Ash87

Phase 1 is about resource unification. Phase 2 is ants.

If you are just now hearing about the RR, stop commenting. Frankly, you missed too much discussion to say something relevant.
    • Up x 1
  15. DK22

:eek: I put alot of work into keeping my perfect 40/40 nade and mine collection. :(
  16. carkeeday1

• Acquisition timer cert lines have been deprecated,and all certs spent on them refunded.
    • Acquisition timers have been removed from vehicles and MAX. The ability to pull additional vehicles and MAX is now purely based on available resources to the player.
    can you get the acquisition timer back, its nice for quick flying around
  17. Ronin Oni

It's... not that complicated.

All cost items (vehicles/ inf consumables) that cost nanites, will also require power to make. The power is taken from the base nearest to your location. Bases recharge power automatically over time via the lattice IF connected to WarpGate (allowing for creating quick power problems by breaking lattice on the enemy).

Additionally, the power recharge isn't fast enough to sustain a 48v48 fight, which will require power resupply runs via Sunerer's equiped with the ANT module to keep the base power up.

Run out of power, and that base is incapable of nanite cost items.

This adds a siege mechanic to PS2. Additionally, it restricts zergs a bit in that they'll be more power restricted with so many players draining the bases, whereas a smaller force has more power per person to use.
  18. DatVanuMan

Meh. If it forces me to play strategically, as in not allowing me to resupply my infantry resources constantly and making me drive that thing, then no thanks.
  19. Ronin Oni

[IMG]

It adds depth to resource system (Phase 1 of resource overhaul actually REMOVES some depth, but it helps balance out overpop/underpop fights a fair bit by standardizing resource gain)

It gives a strategic option to attacking hard to take points (cut them off of lattice to quick drain, or just prevent their ANT's from reaching the base to starve them out of power, which means no MAXes, which means you should be able to overtake the point... eventually)

I don't see how it's a bad thing at all unless you like moving in a giant 100 man zerg with everyone spamming nades, mines, medstims, and MAXes
  20. DatVanuMan

What I meant is that as long as as this new revamp doesn't ruin my fun, then I have no problem with it.