Test Patch Notes - 7/22/13

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Eclipson

They nerfed the repeater :( I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS SOE!! :mad:
    I guess they really want the TR to spend money on the inquisitor. Oh SOE, you make it so obvious :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  2. Redemer

I only think its funny that U Vanu cry so much for this since I have tested it out on the test server and basicly the only thing u need 2 think about when u use it ( I atleast) is the dmg and rpm since u wont snipe with it anyway and u will prob use it at 1-8m and btw try comparing Magshot 351 rpm 200 dmg at 10m vs rebels 261 rpm 250dmg at 10m and yes congratz it gets buffed 2 250 at 15m so plz stop crying
  3. KaMiKaZePiG

So, you realize that performance and tutorials are not the same team, right? And that performance isn't that bad for people will good computers, right? I mean, were you even around for launch, bro?

The tutorials are absolutely critical for retaining new players.
  4. Anti-Skub

You are aware that the Cerberus does splash damage right?
  5. Van Dax

I swear to vanu I'm a magmow the next forum scrub who says this.

FOR THE ELEVEN MILLIONTH TIME Its a bug, a bug that was confirmed he same day it was put on the test server. It has been patched for a long time. Stop repeating this crap. Check before you post.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheBand1t

Pretty sure it doesn't anymore
  7. Keelin

So let me get this straight.
    The cerberus is now a normal f*cking pistol with nothing special about it.
    Not only that but it's also directly outclassed by several other pistols at what its supposed to be good at.
    Who comes up with these changes? Do they even play the game?
  8. Van Dax

It was never supposed to splash. All the footage we saw of a lasher pistol was done by vanu labs who can do whatever the hell he/she wants.
  9. BIGDT

I guess I have to be "that guy" (again... and again and again apparently) but last time I checked people that fix complicated technical issues, and those that design tutorials are clearly not the same skillset.

**** you guys are thick. This same conversation has only been happening for a year.
  10. Joram

Sure we need to care about the rpm..... NO, its 8 freaking rounds, when you just have 8 rounds you need damage and accuracy, it can do 50 billion damage per shot, doesnt matter if you miss.
  11. Ravenorth

Now that they are making Underboss even better, they should buff The Commissioner too, the diffrence between minimum damage is too small, only 25. Because of significantly lower ROF it should be 50-80 better.
  12. Caserion

The rebel also has 8 bullets...
  13. Joram

[IMG]
  14. PS2Freak

Why you nerfed Repeater, Soe!
  15. Lorginir

To force us to buy Inquisitor of course!
  16. LivesInNameOnly

you guys whine about pistols like you use them as your primary weapon. seriously? whining about a sidearm youll use maybe once in 10 hours of gameplay? please get out
  17. PS2Freak

to show my pov to this procedure - i dont buy Inquisitor.
  18. Mrrobinator

Hey now that we talk about the test server.
    Whats up with hossin, is it the continent in the left upper corner, and if yes will we be seeing new vehicles, example: ships/boats
  19. Redemer

more tears plz my point was its supose 2 be a sidegrade but for example LA and other that specialice in close range its a pure upgrade ots only a down grade if u try snipeing with it
  20. Qraven

@Rigsta. Your TTK doesn't factor in accuracy at all. By not factoring in accuracy, you cannot assume that all rounds land on target AT MAX rate of fire at any given range outside of point blank; meaning your TTK values are incorrect by default. In game, if you assume that all rounds do land with accuracy, it would require the player to allow the weapon to settle between shots, which makes the high rate of fire meaningless in most cases.

@LivesInNameOnly. You are not in the loop, are not forward thinking, or don't play Infiltrator. Your opinions on others' posts are mute.

The Cerberus stats as is, are from the initial design of when it had AOE damage. It made sense to have these stats when it had that effect. Taking the AOE effect out, and leaving the detractors in for a non-AOE damage weapon is half-@ssed.

The weapon offers no value over an Underboss/Commissioner, and no alternate play style, which the other 2 factions now have.

New translation for the word Cerberus: Incomplete idea.