Test Patch Notes - 7/22/13

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Jul 22, 2013.

1. JGood

Test Patch Notes 7/22

Another big build to test server today, so here are some more notes. Some of these had likely made it to test before this morning in various states, but this list should at least give some more info about those.

General Updates

Interactive Tutorial Changes

The following changes have been made to the Interactive Tutorial:
    • A few more seconds have been added before the Tutorial starts after entering the zone. This is to allow more time for loading and avoid situations where the tutorial skips too far ahead.
    • The equipment terminals have been removed from the mini-spawn room at the Redeploy step. These were unnecessary and distracted new players.
    • The spawn door shield has been changed to hostile and now blocks progress at the Redeploy step. This shield functions like the shooting range shield and will drop automatically when players respawn
    • A teleporter has been added to the beginning of the Tutorial as a shortcut to the mini-spawn room. This teleporter only appears when players reach the Redeploy step. This is to give players who accidentally spawn at the start of the tutorial a quick way back to the mini-spawn room. If this occurs the tutorial will also direct the player to that teleporter and halt further progress of the tutorial until the player returns to the mini-spawn room.
    • The Redeploy and Instant Action toggles can no longer be cancelled while in the Tutorial. This is to prevent accidental cancellations of instant action and redeploy if a player happens to hit it twice so they can see it is a countdown and not instantaneous.
    • The Generator Overload and Warpgate terminal steps now detect when a player is in a vehicle and updates the floating help to show the Exit Vehicle keybind in case the player missed how to leave the vehicle in the previous vehicle driving step.
    • The Warpgate Terminal floating help text has been updated to provide better instruction to the player.
    • The ammo depot waypoint now points to the Ammo Depot itself instead of the road in front of it.
    • Improved the freshness of the continent population check at the Warpgate Terminal step. This should reduce chances where players are directed to a continent with a queue. The tutorial will highlight the continent with the highest population without a queue for that player’s faction.
    New in the Depot

New Weapons
    • NS-7 PDW SMG: This SMG has a lower damage drop-off than all the other SMGs, allowing it to perform well at short and medium ranges. Its low recoil and very quick center speed (fastest in the class) allow those with good burst control to extend its range even further.
    • NC LA3 Desperado Pistol: This 2x burst pistol has a fast burst but slower overall rate of fire. The fast burst mixed with moderate damage makes this pistol a solid choice at close range, though low accuracy will limit its effectiveness at range.
    • TR TS2 Inquisitor: Equipped with an extended magazine by default, this pistol gives the TR a solid all-around option that has very high sustainability and damage output per magazine.
    • VS Cerberus: High upfront damage mixed with an above average rate of fire for that damage class makes this pistol a good choice at close range. Low accuracy will limit the pistol‘s effectiveness at range.
    Infantry Updates

Pistol Balance Adjustments
    • Pistol suppressors now reduce min damage range by -20m instead of -25m to match the below damage changes.
    • Pistol suppressors now reduce max damage range by 50% of the base value, instead of a flat -5m reduction. The pistols with a 8m max damage range are different and set their max range directly to 5m.
    • NS-357 Underboss
      • ROF increased from 200 RPM to 220 RPM
    • NC4 Mag-Shot
      • Minimum damage increased from 100 at 65 meters to 112 at 60 meters
      • Long reload time is now faster at 1.9 seconds, down from 2.0 seconds
      • Short reload time is also faster at 1.6 seconds, down from 1.7 seconds
      • Fixed FB variant having a slower projectile speed than the normal version
    • LA8 Rebel
      • Maxium damage range increased from 10 to 15 meters.
      • Minimum damage increased from 125 at 65 meters to 143 at 60 meters
      • Long reload time is now faster at 1.8 seconds, down from 2.0 seconds
      • Short reload time is also faster at 1.5 seconds, down from 1.7 seconds
    • TX1 Repeater
      • Max damage now starts scaling at 8 meters, decreased from 10 meters
      • Minimum damage is now reached at 50 meters, down from 60
    • TX2 Emperor
      • Maximum damage range increased from 10 to 15 meters
      • Minimum damage increased from 84 at 65 meters to 112 at 60 meters
      • Long reload time is now faster at 1.8 seconds, down from 2.0 seconds
      • Short reload time is also faster at 1.525 seconds, down from 1.7 seconds
      • Aimed accuracy loss per shot increased from 0.1 to 0.12
      • Hip accuracy loss per shot increased from 0.2 to 0.24
      • Fixed stand hip accuracy and crouch-moving hip accuracy being swapped
      • Projectile speed increased from 375 to 390
    • Beamer VS3
      • Stand hip accuracy improved from 1.5 to 1.0.
      • Crouch-moving hip accuracy reduced from 1.25 to 1.5.
      • Minimum damage increased from 84 at 65 meters to 100 at 60 meters
    • Manticore SX40
      • Minimum damage increased from 100 at 65 meters to 112 at 60 meters
      • Long reload time is now faster at 1.9 seconds, down from 2.0 seconds
      • Short reload time is also faster at 1.6 seconds, down from 1.7 seconds
      • Fixed stand hip accuracy and crouch-moving hip accuracy being swapped
    Optics Alignment Pass
    • VS Carbine scopes used to be slightly off center to the right in iron sights. They should now be dead on.
    • All SMG scopes had the same issue, but to the left. Corrected there as well.
    • NC Mag Shot and Rebel ironsights have also seen minor corrections.
    Ammunition Cert Line Adjustments

All classes other than HA and MAX should have the following costs on the Ammunition Belt cert lines across all factions:
    • Rank 1: 1 CP
    • Rank 2: 10 CP
    • Rank 3: 100 CP
    • Rank 4: 1000 CP
    Heavy Assault should have the following costs on the Ammunition Belt cert lines across all factions:
    • Rank 1: 50 CP
    • Rank 2: 500 CP
    Vehicle Updates

Misc Vehicle Weapon Tuning
    • M20 Basilisk
      • Damage fall off now begins at 75 meters instead of 50 meters
      • Minimum damage increased from 175 to 200
      • Minimum damage range increased from 100 to 200
    • M20 Drake
      • Damage fall off now begins at 150 meters instead of 100 meters
      • Minimum damage increased from 175 to 200
    Harasser Tuning
    • Stock resistance to small arms fire reduced from 85% to 80%
    • Composite Armor bonus reduced from 6/12/18/24 % to 5/10/15/20
    • Adjusted the pitch angle on several of the Harasser weapons so that the player could aim lower to the ground
    Other Miscellaneous Changes
    • Descriptions were added for each individual level for vehicle weapon reload certifications.
    UI Updates

Improved Reticle Feedback
    Hipfire reticles now change color depending on whether you are targeting an enemy or an ally.

Added Chatbox to the Fullscreen UI
    We’ve added a toggle button to the upper left corner of the fullscreen UI that will bring up a re-sizable chat window.

Additional Platoon Leader Waypoints
    • For every additional squad in the platoon, the platoon leader will now have access to one extra waypoint:
      • Alpha Waypoint
      • Bravo Waypoint
      • Charlie Waypoint
      • Delta Waypoint
    • The HUD indicators are colored to match whatever color you’ve selected to represent that squad.
    Improved Linking and Default Sorting in the Depot

Allows us to do cool things like:
    • New items can be listed at the top of categories
    • Sale items can be listed near the top of categories
    • Link to specific bundles when clicking on a billboard
    Spawn/Deploy UI Usability Improvements
    • Added a squad spawn locations category
    • Added a callout for players that are not in a squad to inform them they would have access to more spawn points if they joined one
    HUD Indicator Clean Up Pass
    • Destroyed vehicles and turrets now remove their indicators
    • Empty ally vehicles will now show an indicator if you target them
    • Platoon members no longer show all names and extra info for up to 70 meters
      • Range-wise, they’re now treated like other allies
      • Squad mates still show as before with no range limit
    • Medics will now see the "needs heal" indicator when an ally is at less than or equal to 50% HP
    • Spotting while zoomed should no longer be harder to do than spotting from the hip
    • Dead squad members will now show the dead icon no matter how far away they are
    • Up x 13
  2. Rasui

Any buffs to the Cerberus?

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  3. Ronin Oni

Issue with tutorial:

After warping to a continent, you are instructed to complete the tutorial by hitting 'I' to Instant Action....

which then forced me to warp to another continent >.<

load... load... load....

Other than that, the new tutorial just keeps lookin better and better.
  4. dirtYbird

Some good QoL changes coming up.
    (only 102MB)
  5. reddragons

Dam... I guess I have the task of being "that guy." Here goes nothing.... How about forget the tutorials, and fix the horrid fps and server lag issues. :eek:
    • Up x 3
  6. sindz

Quoting for good meassure. Typical that this is ignored.
    • Up x 1
  7. StormFrog

So, you're upset that the gun with a faster TTK has worse accuracy and reload times?

I'm not sure if you've noticed all the other guns in this game that trade accuracy for a higher damage output. Are you mad about those too?
    • Up x 6
  8. sindz

Yes or you try running the actual TTK difference on that small amount of RPM and come back to me. That bit of RPM does not make up for the fact that its worse in every other category.
  9. Ripshaft

Righto just checked a few things, the indirect damage while ads with the cerberus is gone =( Also I cant say for sure if the damage was adding properly before, but it definitely feels much more underwhelming especially at anything past 5m or so. Could just be in my head, dunno.

The sights on the cerberus are still not aligned with the tip of the triangle, but a bit down more in line with the nub at the rear of the sights.

Pretty sure they should be adding the old indirect damage to the per shot damage of the cerb, because right now it's wholly outclassed by the rebel... annnd most every other pistol =p It's only okayish within 5m where it can 2 shot in the head. I'm guessing that with the extra 75 (estimated) dmg that the indirect fire provided added to the weapon it would be more in line with the rebel, and even more damaging up close, though far less accurate and with a much smaller clip and reserve.. and reloads and velocity... you know every other stat.

Edit: and a reminder that this game is not played in a spreadsheet, get out there and shoot the damn guns at some people, think practically not impractically.
  10. StormFrog

It's a 15% TTK difference in favor of the Cerberus.

TR players have been periodically screaming bloody murder over the Lynx's TTK being 6% behind the VS and NC's 845 rpm carbines.
  11. KingKaaza

I disagree with 39 rpm being insignificant, you need to count the difference in rpm relative to both weapon's firing speed. I hope you have tested both underboss and commissioner and that's a matter of 30 rpm and it's very noticeable and the underboss deals less damage than the slow firing one, however these weapons have roughly 100 rpm less than rebel and Cerberus. Here you find no difference in damage and an increase in firing speed. This shows that Cerberus is a CQC weapon more than the rebel.

If you want a long range pistol, you should wait for the unique faction pistols where you as a VS(assuming you are VS) gets the charge up pistol which I will assume are going to outperform any other pistol at range.
  12. Joram

39 rpm in a 8 rounds pistol means NOTHING, dont care if they buff it or not stop talking bs, the cerberus is a straight downgrade compared with any other pistol in the game. And im still gonna use it because it looks cool as F
    • Up x 2
  13. Van Dax

I'd expect a cqc weapon to have better hip fire and reload speed than along range gun wouldn't you?
    As it is right now it has a negligible advantage and stacks of disadvantages.
  14. KingKaaza

This is a good point, and in my personal opinion I wouldn't mind to see that exact trait to be the same as the rebel.
    • Up x 1
  15. furballhero

"Squad mates still show names as before with no range limit"

Can this be toggle able? I'd really like to be able to make all my squad/platoon members names disappear and replaced with a tiny colored arrow instead, unless I look directly at them - exactly like non platoon/squad friendly players are treated.

Names truly are useless and just get in the way, if anything I'd like to see the platoon leader and squad leaders keep the little star and have it replace their names and maybe let each squad leader select 2 fire team leaders from their squad and that would replace their arrow with a small symbol.
  16. Consumer

Thank god. I never really got a straight confirmation from anybody, but I've always had intermittent issues spotting when zoomed in. Figured out pretty quickly to zoom out first, but it was still an annoying thing to deal with.

Cool with the other changes too.
  17. Vortok

Nice to see the Harasser tweaks more official as opposed to maybe some dev tweaking that isn't intended for live yet (aka, C4 stuff forumside threw a fit about). Having done some napkin math, I really like how the 20% composite armor value works out for quite a few different weapons. If Fire Suppression is still scheduled to receive a heal over time even if not used at critical health it could actually be attractive (as it may be just enough to take another shot from certain weapons depending on the strength of the heal, notably 1500 and 2k variants).

The small arms resistance is pretty significant - basically a 33% increase. Fairly justified as well. Infantry shooting a Harasser without half a squad doing the same was just painting a target on their head. Should be interesting to see how those two changes will play out. Harassers should still be useful and powerful, just a tad more vulnerable when they make mistakes and overextend.

Platoon leader being able to set squad waypoints is nice. Good to see continued efforts to improve platoon functionality and provide more tools for those willing to lead them. Ditto on continued tutorial improvements.
  18. notyourbuddy

Tutorial is looking pretty good these days. Tried to intentionally break it, but I couldn't. You win this round programmers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still wonder about that ending though. I understand your eagerness to showcase your combat to newer players, but that drop has always been a "lets throw the new guy right into the deep end of the pool" approach. Even going through the tutorial I'm not sure they will be prepared for the inevitable "What just happened. Where am I?" followed by instant death and "okay what do I do now?"

Anyone think it would be better to simply give the player a series of suggestions at the end of the tutorial and let him decide what he wants to do?

• Up x 1
  19. Kiddneey

Take a good, hard look at the Cerberus before you release it, please. Aim point should be the tip of the teal arrow. That is the sole purpose of the arrow. Currently the pistol fires very low.
    • Up x 5
  20. Rigsta

Actually the CQ pistols are very close in terms of TTK and accuracy, and the underboss has them all beat. Numbers in my sig if you're interested.

Considering the Cerberus, since it is not a burst first weapon it has no chance to score a "semi hit" ie. still hitting with one or two rounds from a burst. In my opinion - and experience on the PTS - this gives the burst-fire pistols a better average accuracy at 10-20m.

I feel its ADS accuracy should be a little better - say 0.4-0.5 - to compensate for this; take nanoweave and the very short max damage range (common to all 3 CQ pistols) into account and you're already talking ~6 out of your 8 shots to kill something. It sucks when one of those misses by a roll of the dice.

I did ~10 hipfire tests with each pistol (Repeater, Desperado & Cerberus) on targets at 10m. Of the 3, the Cerberus failed to kill in its expected 5 shots the most, however the sample size needs to be bigger and I need to write down the results to be reallly sure.

I also did ~10 ADS tests at 20m with each one, and guess which one needed an extra shot/burst more than the others. However, the Cerberus' iron sights are way off at the moment so I can't be 100% sure of the above. But I'm about 85% sure. I'll post more detailed feedback some other time, it'll have to be after the patch though :(

True to NC form, the Desperado had the best results at 30m :) But that's well beyond the optimal use of that gun. The Repeater was just a joke at that range.