Test Patch Notes - 7/14

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jul 14, 2014.

1. TheKhopesh

Do you have the PTS server client downloaded?
    I highly recommend you make an NC on test and try it yourself.

Essentially, it leaves the hipfire shotgun use alone, but tightens the cone of fire (And possibly pellet spread, but I don't know if it actually tightens spread) on the pistol when you ADS.

It's easier to understand if you just see it.
    Here are some images that compare the cones of fire (CoF) for the MagScatter with and without the smart choke.
    The Smart choke ONLY effects ADS accuracy, and does nothing for hipfire.
    It's like a reverse laser sight.
    On regular weapons, laser sights increase hipfire CoF, but don't do anything for ADS.
    (On shotguns, laser sights don't do this. Instead, they keep hipfire from expanding quite so much when you're in the air. It's actually pretty useless for everyone but light assaults.)

(These are all at as close as I could get to the same level of magnification.
    The size of the circle is how much the smart choke effects your accuracy. As the cone will not change size with magnification.)

[IMG]

And there you go.
    The hipfire there at the top stays the same with or without the choke, but the ADS accuracy tightens in a good 15-20%-ish.
  2. DatVanuMan

Strange. I do have the PTS, and it is updated, but on my NC account there, there is only a silencer attachment, and I can't even equip it. Thanks for the info, man.
  3. TheKhopesh

Ya, it's buggy. When you unlock it it works just fine though.
    (But remember, it's invisible. No model or attachment image. Just pretend it's still there and mouse over it, you should be able to click the first position that a barrel attachment would be, and a section of the blank space should light up. When an attachment is equipped it will have a little circular indicator to show it's attached. It's the same one that you see to the bottom left of each of the Phoenix launchers in my signature. ;))
  4. DatVanuMan

I just realized that. LolXD
  5. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Is there a way to resupply something without having to check the box, resupply, then uncheck it again?
  6. Forkyar24

I don't like it
  7. Jhsidle

Finally going to be a reason to carry 7 C4 on my engineer.