Test Patch Notes - 7/14

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jul 14, 2014.

1. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

This is a small update. Keep an eye out for:
    • Audio pass on the empire pistol reloads
    • Resource Consolidation:
      • Nanites should now be the only resource currency displayed in the UI
      • Updated the Small Weapon Panel to have Check Box for Auto Supply
      • Character Loadout: Updated character loadout to remove any of the adding resources buttons and changed the displays to show max equip instead of max quantity
      • Character Loadout Main Page: The small weapon panels that hold grenades and such should now show <amount you have> / <amount you can have> and [+] button is now removed.
      • Character Loadout Edit Weapon Page:
        • The Auto Resupply Checkbox and Resupply Button have been removed.
        • Added a Resupply Cost and Value instead
        • Renderers no longer display a number of items you have equipped/max you can have in inventory.
    • Up x 5
  2. minhalexus

Fixed it.
    • Up x 1
  3. SWAT Omega X

Thanks DE Minhalexus
  4. DK22

I dunno, I'm kinda mixed, I was just pulling MAXs and suicide them.
    I can pull'm all day long, no prob, it takes a minute, but one right after another.
    A re-think may be in order.....
  5. Shockwave44

No.

It's just the beginning.
  6. DK22

hope your right... otherwise no more HA, medic or Eng, I'll just do MAXs.
  7. TheKhopesh

RAID-BOSSES, ASSEMBLE!
  8. DorianOmega

so long as they dont make the nanite gain too limited while not making the gain susceptible to pay-to-win (since SOE is monetizing this too...) rather then pay for convenience, I dont think this should be much of a problem, an easy fix though would be keep acquisition timers but reduce them all in half if the pay to win factor creeps up to much.
    • Up x 1
  9. indian spice

How is the monetization of resources going to be any different than what it is now? Today, members get X% more resources than the base amount, and short of flat-out buying resources, nothing is going to change in that aspect.

However, I do see how increased resource gain (due to membership) will allow them to spam more maxes, libs, tanks, because the limitation of the acquisition timer is gone. I'm not averse to keeping timers as a certable gameplay mechanic, but if they are removed as a cert line:
    1. There should still be a (shorter) limit between spawning things
    2. If more resources are given to members, then the spawn timer for the thing should be the same for everyone or
    3. If the spawn timer is shorter for members (and consumables are cheaper too), then the resource gathering should be the same for everyone.
    4. vehicle deconstruction!
    In the game currently, unless one is fighting on a continent with little territory to their faction, the spawn timer is more of a limitation than resources. If there is no spawn timer, regardless of resources, then it is possible to abuse vehicles (an armor zerg can be restarted quickly, if not continuous if it has enough members). But if option 3, then it helps to avoid abuse by keeping the existing limitation that we know works.
    Platoon leading will be less enjoyable, if winning a tank or air battle depends on how many paying members are in your platoon, rather than numbers or skill.
  10. TorigomaSET

Still nothing with the Smart Choke? Boooo!
    • Up x 1
  11. DatVanuMan

What is Smart Choke? I've been seeing that word a lot in the ES Pistol thread.
  12. DatVanuMan

I hope SOE doesn't allow your whole nanite supply to be replenished using SC. That would be pure P2W, since spammable MAXes, aircraft, and tanks IS NOT something that skill can easily counter. If they do decide to do this, those who replenish nanites using SC have acquisition timers that are moderate in length (5-7 minutes).
  13. Pootisman

I dont like this change at all. I play mainly infantry and use everything that needs resources - grenades, mines, C4, MAXes. Im constantly low in infantry resources. A consolidation of resources means that i will rarely be able to spawn vehicles or aircraft.

Will stuff be cheaper? Resource income tripled?
  14. Rhumald

15. DorianOmega

This speaks volumes, and @Indian Spice, since we havent seen it implemented we just dont know what its going to be like, currently all it takes is being a member to get to above average resource gain, this new resource system makes this seems like its going out the window, and monetizing something that previously WASNT is not going to be a popular move for the player base, charging for nanite energy was the first step in the wrong direction of pay-to-win... hopefully this doesn't become the second.
  16. PsyStorm

Dude! That is one funny gif!
  17. MultiRaptor

Will we get our certifications from aqusition timers back or not?
  18. Gleerok

We will.

I hope the game doesn't delete certs if I go beyond 10,000 :S
  19. TheKhopesh

The smart choke is a new barrel attachment only available on the NC's new ES pistol, the MagScatter.

The smart choke doesn't have a model yet, and for some reason if you haven't unlocked it yet it reads as a silencer. This is just a bug because it doesn't have any work done yet on a proper description, model (The model you normally would see on the weapon in your hand), or resting image (The little picture used to represent it that you use to attach/unattach it in your weapon loadout).
  20. DatVanuMan

What does it do? Does it have a purpose, or is it cosmetic?
    • Up x 1