[Test] Macro-Lattice and Shield Power System

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by elkikko92, May 30, 2014.

1. elkikko92

Yea, you are right about that.
    My system need a test infact.
  2. elkikko92

I HATE THE OLD HEX SYSTEM, but it fails a lot becouse the spawn system was based on every outposts of hex.

In my system, the idea of MACRO LATTICE, is to give always a secured spawn point: YOUR PREVIOUS FACILITY.
    Becouse there you can spawn everything: sundeerr, galaxies, tanks ....

In old hex system there are no real objectives, so the people moves in a confusion and try to search the best battle.

-In macro lattice you have a specific objective: win a battle in only one link. More cooperation and more sense of empire.

Actually, hex or lattice, there are no teamwork on all empire, why? Too many specific objectives, so the people choose the battle where there is a lot of people. You conquer a territory for a long time and you lose the day agter. SOE, you know that this it doesn't work for a game.

Why this BIG PROBLEM is not on roadmap? The ENTIRE GAME MODE doesn't work, but the continents are beautifull and also the outposts! Actually the game is going to dead.

The idea should give the MACRO-LATTICE + SHIELD POWER SYSTEM is that if you are in your facility, in outposts around or in the enemy facility you combact all together for the same hard objective: only 1 macro lattice.

The alert system is a desperate solution to this problem, and it doesn't work becouse the capture system is wrong. If you are.

Macro lattice need a lot of test to avoid the problems of the old hex-system.
    • Up x 1
  3. elkikko92

More suggestions, idea, likes?
    Tell me please!
  4. axiom537

Here are a few issues that I see with your system...

#1. Attackers Zerg all 4 Micro Lattice Linked bases at the same time. 40sec later they own all 4, then those micro bases begin draining the Macro Base @ -5%/minute. So.... (4 bases x -.5% = -.20%/minute which means the main base will be drained of power in 5 minutes. 5.4 minutes to flip a Macro lattice linked base + 4 Micro Lattice Bases.

#2. Small scale Whack-a-mole. While I like the idea of spreading the fight out, the fact that the attacker can attack any of the 4 micro lattice bases at any time, will force defenders to spread themselves out and be reactionary. This will make defending against a larger force much more difficult. In fact a Larger force wouldn't even need to capture the main base, they would just need to contain the defenders in the base and wait for it to drain.

#3. Counter Attacking...If defender are getting attacked and the attackers hold 1 or 2 of the micro lattice linked bases, it will remove much of the risk from the attackers, because their Macro Linked base will be shielded from counter attack, because the Micro lattice bases will need to be flipped and then held for x amount of time until the macro lattice linked base is drained to 70%.

Its an interesting Idea, in essence you are making the micro lattice link bases (satellite bases), glorified capture points to the larger macro linked base. It would spread the fighting out, but at the same time it is going to make attacking much easier then defending. Since each base defense is going to require the defenders to hold 4 Satellite bases, which means keeping defenders at all 4 bases or being reactionary to any attacks on those bases, but with a 40sec flip time it will give little to no time to react.

As for it alleviating the Zerg, I don't see it happening, if anything it will caterer to the zerg. Defenders are always going to get spread thin and even if they hold their ground they are going to lose through attrition.
    • Up x 1
  5. elkikko92

Yep, my idea needs a fix with your suggestions. However what I really want in this game is to make a macro lattice and ,on it, teams have to defend ours facility and attack the facility in the same time: this is the core!

However, SOE have to test it on only FACILITY vs FACILITY: create a dinamic macro-lattice on it and watch the flow battle.

I called DINAMIC macro lattice becouse to take it you have to "destroy" the enemy facility before the enemy destroy yours: THIS IS THE CORE of the dinamic macro lattice. Outposts are little part of capture.
    My suggestion is directly ispired by this game mode (and it works a lot!):

-The idea to have 2 big respawn point
    -The idea to destroy/capture the next facility before the enemy capture yours
    -The idea to capture outposts/silos

6. elkikko92

7. elkikko92

this suggestion is very good with valkirie veichles!!!
  8. ZenitHMaster

Let's hope that they update the map design. Maybe implement something like ps1's cuz I can see this map looking a little too colorful will all the inbetween bases different colors
  9. DatVanuMan

Seems nice. However, I feel that some small outposts should still be able to pull actual battle vehicles, just not at the rate of larger outposts. Otherwise, Malorn thought of a decent little idea:)
  10. elkikko92

Is my idea and malorn likes.
    Yes, the idea is too make infantry battle only in facility and big outposts. Veichle battle for outposts with valkyrie and tanks.
  11. elkikko92

12. WarmasterRaptor

I'd like it if the "Lattice" was actually built by players. And each empire could have a different lattice this way.

One empire does not necessarily have to have the same supply routes as the other, although the terrain often helps or dictate a route.

A new structure with a terminal that would be used to select the X bases, only by the winning outfit SL or PL, to be connected to and could be hacked to simply cut the base off the network.

I don't know, something more dynamic than a "static" and forever fix lattice.

Hex wasn't good enough, current lattice is not the perfect solution yet either.
    • Up x 1
  13. HamOnRye

I think this is a solid idea. If you remember PS1 each major base (which had a 15 minute capture time had 2 to 3 tower outposts outside each one which would flip ownership quickly.

This idea could bring back some of that dynamic which I thought was some of the best gameplay around.
  14. EmeraldShadow

Macro lattice sounds cool.
  15. elkikko92

[IMG]I
    I WANT TO RECREATE THIS SITUATION. Titans are the big facilities and little outposts the silos (is battlefield 2142 game).
  16. nightbird

I feel this will help attacking zergs too much, as major facilities favor the defender much more than small outposts and their defenses can now be completely bypassed. That been said, less sitting at small bases would be good.

I agree with the macro lattice idea in general, how about changing the small bases to do this:
    - small bases are attached to a major base/facility
    a) capping the major base/facility transfers ownership of all attached small bases
    b) attackers can only disable small bases (both spawn & terminals!) through hex adjacency and holding point for 1 min
    c) disabling small bases reduce major base/facility cap time
    d) increase base major base/facility cap time from current
    e) defending forces can re-enable a disabled base by holding point for 15 seconds
    f) defenders can spawn at any adjacent non-disabled small base

This allows fights to immediately proceed to the next major base, and disabling the small surrounding bases will speed this up and deny defender use but also will not allow them to be used for attacker logistics. (Attackers will need to choose between hacking terminals and not disabling spawn or disabling everything) This gives the defenders more of a chance to disrupt attacker spawn logistics, since they have to travel much further to get replacement vehicles, while defenders can get it from much closer.
  17. nightbird

Messed up this part, change to:

b) attackers can only disable small bases (both spawn & terminals!) through holding point for 1 min

This means any small base can be disabled anytime! That's why it is a small base.
  18. elkikko92

Its defenetly an hibrid hex system and lattice system.
    I think is a good idea to improve the game.
    Support with like
  19. elkikko92

[IMG]

HERE IS A MANUAL SCHEME OF MACRO LATTICE SYSTEM.
    Every big outposts / facilities should be connected with a macro-lattice.
    The mechanism of capture is
    -The first team who conquer the other base, win the macro lattice, so win the next base
    -To conquer a base you have to get to zero the bar of enemy base
    -The enemy bar is 20 minutes, influenced by the 3 little outposts around the base AND by the internal control points
    -Capture timer of little outpost is 15 seconds for defender and 1 minute for attackers. If you conquer you can have the spawn
    -If you win the base all the around outpost becomes yours

Make this for all the continents, make macro lattice between BIG FACILITY and BIG OUTPOST. Use the little outposts around the big base.

Suggestion, idea for timers?

Remember that MACRO LATTICE is not like micro lattice. The difference is that micro lattice, to capture the next base, you have to have the previous base. In macro lattice you can capture the next big base while enemies are attacking your base. THIS IS THE CONCEPT OF MACRO LATTICE.
    LARGE BATTLE SCALE outside and inside
    The problem I think in this system is the gost capp, how to fix it...
    • Up x 1
  20. nightbird

Thanks for taking the time to draw that.

I think the timers of 1) the big base cap, and 2) effect of disabling small bases on big base cap, can be adjusted to make it worthwhile to fight at small bases to some extent but not 1k vs 1k slug fests. (ex: 20min/-3min per disabled small base vs. 30mins/-6min per disabled small base. The latter makes small bases more important). What I don't want to see though is fights won through only holding the small outposts, as the big facilities as more defensible.

I agree that ghost caps could happen, but timers favor the defenders greatly and some people have fun doing it. Let there be stalker infil wars at small bases, potentially deciding the fate of a much larger fight.