[Suggestion] Test: Change Andvari Bio Lab

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Oct 30, 2015.

1. HadesR

To a 5 point base ...

2 inside
    3 outside

[IMG]

Why ?

Because a lot of us agree that BioLabs in their current form are bad for the game , and I doubt nuking them from orbit is an option :)

So

Help alleviate the grind, the choke point meta by making the act of breaching the Dome itself an act of quickening a capture and not the be all and end all of the capture ..

Why 5 points not 3 ?

Because IMO 5 would spread the fight more as it would give 4 objections outside ( 3 points / Shield Gen ) and 3 inside ( 2 points / SCU ) ..

It IMO should only be trialed at one Bio to start with, to see if it's a viable change that helps increase the battle flow ( I can't see how it Would be worse :p ).

Another option could be Saurva...
    • Up x 2
  2. MrJengles

I wish they'd do the same but with the outside points at the Biolab satellites. So the bases are combined into one large territory (not the old spawn rooms we had that didn't affect the capture so no one cared).

But if that's too radical at least this would be a step in the right direction, possibly easier to implement, and good for a trial run.

Are you on Reddit? Shall I post a link to this?
  3. Demigan

So one of the few bases that is somewhat Zerg Resistant, giving the defenders some measure of defense options with a lower pop, needs to go?

Sure, when you do push through such a base after a long standoff you usually have created a new Zerg, but that happens on a lot of places anyway because the game's capture mechanics work that way.
    • Up x 2
  4. FABIIK

I thought the grind was an essential part of this game ?

Also this 5 point layout is gonna be a real pain during the day, when it s not a 96+ fight.

A few stalkers here and there and the base will take FOREVER to flip. Talk about increasing the flow of the game...
  5. Taemien

A lot of you I'd wager, do not actually know how to assault a Biolab.

Its actually possible for an attacking force comprised of half the size of the defending forces to take the Biolab and can even do it in about 4 minutes despite the 7min capture timer. Here's how you do it.

1. As soon as you have connection to the Biolab (capture points and gens become vulnerable), take out the SCU Generator. Do NOT flip or go near any Control Points. Doing so will turn the Biolab into a zergfest.*

2. As soon as the SCU is vulnerable, take it down. Again Do NOT flip or go near any Control Points. Doing so will turn everything into a zergfest.*

3. Once the SCU is down, take down the control points.

4. Congrats, the Biolab is yours in two and a half minutes.

* - This is due to how Redployside works. Any base on the front line (has connection with enemy territories) will be eligible from a redeploy from anywhere on the map if the following conditions are met:

1. Control Point is beling flipped or flipped.
    2. Has <50% friendly presence.
    3. SCU is functioning

By avoiding the Control Points and going for the SCU first, you prevent redeployside. You force all enemies in the general area to respawn at adjacent bases and take teleporters, while you use your closer Sunderers/Galaxies/Valkyries/Beacons. As well as deny redeploys from across the map, forcing those NOT in the general area to travel by redeploy hopping, Gal dropping, or other even slower means.

The issue of course is getting the random pubbies to get on board. But I don't see the issue with doing that. They know to pull Bursters, Skyguards, and Lockons when Air is an issue. They know to switch to rockets when MAXes are around. They know do a variety of other not so standard things when they need to.

If they still go for the control point.. then the statement:

Is actually false.

So.. prove the OP right.. spread the word on how to assault a Biolab properly.
  6. Astriania

The SCU cap is lovely if it works but you are relying on the defending faction being dozy and failing to notice what you're doing for 2 and a half minutes.

With regard to the OP, there's a reason SOE stepped away from 5+ point bases in early launch, and why the remaining 4 point bases have all 4 points within a small area (apart from Suarva which is a bit weird). You end up playing whack-a-mole on the points and it's really bad for battle flow in small (12-24) fights.

Biolabs are a serious problem on the lattice but I don't think this is the answer. Instead, either have some generators that allow the main shield to be taken down, or lattice-link the satellites so you can cap around the lab and cut it off and get control of all the teleports.
  7. elkikko92

Decrease the number of internal control point of biolab. MErge all outposts of biolab into single territory: the control points of outposts controls the capture timer of entire facility.
    Better gameplay with veichle: actually the veichle in planetside are useless
  8. Demigan

This is assuming that you can get inside first. And that's the whole problem with Biolab defenses, they have 2 chokepoints at the entrances and a third at the spawnroom, which isn't a lot.

Your tactic can work, if the defenders of the previous base aren't large to begin with. Also you assume you can defend the Generator, which is harder to defend than the 3 chokepoints the enemy has available (4 ground entrances and 1 at the top)
  9. Taemien

Attacking any base has the same issues. If the force isn't already in it and large enough to repel you. The issue here is many run into a Biolab and jump on the points to start flipping. And why not? They do it on every other base.

But its not the same thing for Biolabs. When you come in with say 24 people and they have 18. You've got a good chance of pulling off what I said earlier. But if you flip a point, they will match you man to man due to redeploys.

Where my method fails obviously is if you flip the SCU and force them to Gal Drop and they actually do that. But I accept that as a counter due to the coordination of 12 coming to aid the already present defenders. Reinforcements flown in should be a viable defensive tactic.

Think about it this way. If my method was foolproof, then Biolabs would be unbalanced in the favor of the attacker. And that's the other extreme. But I've found that my success rate with dropping SCU's first before control points has worked way more than control points first. I don't think anyone can debate that.
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

dont give them bad ideas. they had a universal biolab pass in mind by completely messing up Ikanam. it's probably the worst large facility out of all ones right now. making them change biolab layouts/functionality/objectives will likely both be a waste of time for the devs and a worse outcome for us players.
  11. Caydn

no all it takes is 2 infiltrators running around at the quiet time of the night and you got to waste a hour flipping points back
  12. MrJengles

Xander is back on the team, he's moving Koltyr's wargate design over to the other continents at the moment but said he would like to do the same with the ground-based Biolab. Of course, we don't know if the rest of the team agree, or when he might get the time etc.

But Malorn said Biolabs were so bad he would burn them to the ground. So, no, Biolabs are not fine as they are. Most players find they suck. Sure, you can take them sometimes, but expecting them to be 100% uncrackable before being a problem is unreasonable.