Terrible/Under Rated guns you love

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tycon, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Tycon

I'm not ashamed to admit this...
    I actually really like the beamer, its accurate, shoots quickly and reloads almost instantly. Also that nostalgic badness about it, its like an old 80's movie with terrible graphics that you can get enough, sort of like that movie the Wizard.

Also I like the eridani over the sirius, the ADS feels better with extended range unless your walking right up to their face with a sirius it feels more tactical. I like using ADS with a .75 move speedmultiplier
    • Up x 1
  2. XXBLACKATTACKXX

That beamer is awesome.
    I'v managed to shoot down a reaver with it :D
    • Up x 1
  3. Vikingo

The Beamer IS awesome, I don't get why people assert it is still bad. Sure wen it was a 143 dmg weapon it was but now I find it really good. However I personally don't love the EM1 but I find it better then many people give it credit for.
  4. PlatoonLeaderG

My MCG,the only gun so far i auraxium because of the cool sound
    • Up x 1
  5. siiix

i love the striker , even trough most people seem to hate it, its a bit hard to aim with it now to get a lock on its over nerfted , but it still scares the S out of pilots, and if its a good salvo all 5 hit it nearly takes down ESF with 1 set
  6. Maljas23

MCG without a doubt.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fang7.62

For some reason I do well with the EM1 with the extended 200 magazine and I like the silenced rebel because of the siiiilent plink sound despite commie or desperado being so much better. I also like the burst weapon variants, they have some nifty benefits but your mouse is gonna hate you.
  8. JP_Russell

I don't think there is anything like that for me in the NC. But there is something outside my faction that feels underrepresented to me. A lot of VS players seem kind of lukewarm on the Lancer, though it has its proponents. The so-so damage seems to turn a lot of people off from it, but so often I find myself in a point defense situation where a bunch of vehicles are just sitting on some ridge at a distance, and I get so envious. That ability to just reach out and touch anything you can see... Oh, it calls to me.

Don't even get me started on all the hovering ESF's that make themselves easy targets for a fully charged shot or two.

The Lancer is an AV weapon after my own heart, it is. Don't get me wrong, the Phoenix is handy and fun to use, but the Lancer was made for players like me.
  9. Paqu

Renegade shotgun on a Flash and the whole Flash overall.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bonom Denej

I love the Lasher (even tho it's not that underrated), even tho I made probably one kill so far (unlocked it a few days ago when it was 99SC).
    • Up x 1
  11. Turkeys!

I'll have to second the Lasher as well. It's not nearly as bad in 1 v 1's as it is made out to be, but you definitely should use it with concussion grenades as they can save your ***. Perfect anti-zerg weapon =)
  12. iPlague

Beamer is WAY underrated. It's such a fun gun!
    Emperor is... slightly worse than the beamer, trading more shots for a 50 ROF difference... but still a fancy pistol for TR <3
  13. Larolyn

Gauss Compact Burst. The carbine. Tried the AR version. Meh. But the carbine. Oh wow. That thing is crazy accurate, easy to mow down targets with and has quite the range on it. Running it with HVA, laser sight and 1x. Tried with 2x and recoil gets to difficult to spam. Letting it settle after a burst (it bursts 2 bullets at once and they both hit the target where the crosshairs are) and firing again guarantee a quick takedown. The grip was not needed cause let it settle then fire. The laser is there for the panic hipfire in close range. Functions well. HVA really lets this bad boy shine. It's fast becoming my favourite carbine. That and the Razor. Merc is nice all round gun, GD-7F is too niche, AC-X11 is horrible. Some love it, I hate the thing. Though I have not given it a spin since HVA bullet. May sway me but I hate that gun too much.
    • Up x 1
  14. lilleAllan

Beamer.

The automatic scout rifle with foregrip and a 3.4x scope. If it had better bullet velocity, it would go from good to beast.
  15. Sen7rygun

16. BillBoBaggins

17. Konfuzfanten

Not really underrated, the VS carbine with the highest killing potential(30 round at 167 dmg, compared to 30 rounds at 143 dmg) and good range ability.

And yes i like/use the Pulsar C ;)
    • Up x 1
  18. aoyagiaichou

I love every underrated or underpowered gun.
  19. JonboyX

Hacksaws

Everyone else seems to like range or larger clips. I'm a dps kinda guy.
  20. vsae

NS weaponry. Especially NS15M