Terrible Lag !!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orakel, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orakel

Hello ..

Im just curious if DB even care about about their whole entire lagy game ? Im shoting at someone and like 3-4 seconds nothing happens. I got another question, why i have to play with tons of lagwizards from Russia ? DB did bring them to Cobalt instead of might creating russian PS2 server where all those lagwizards can kill themself.
    • Up x 1
  2. Crosi

Ive had this all over christmas and new year. Game plays fine for like 25 seconds out of every 30. The remaining 5 seconds, events stack up clientside and are all delivered in one go so you just have to wait and see if that guy you were shooting dies, but most often, both of you die.

Im hoping they will fix this soon now they are back in the office, because its absolutely game breaking.
    • Up x 3
  3. lostinea

hi , i am french , same lag ..., fix the lag please.. happy new year. thx
    • Up x 1
  4. Stopper

How the hell, in 2019, can a company running a MMOFPS have such a terrible laggy server during SEVERAL weeks ?

Just, how can it be possible ? They don’t have pay their bills and have been degraded to low bandwith ?
    • Up x 1
  5. Stopper

And by the way, fix also those f**** floating mines !!! It’s unacceptable that this bug exists for months !
  6. SquirtAttack

I am extremely mad about this lag problem. It is unacceptable. As infiltrator, I either can't uncloak or can't cloak for several seconds. I die so many times because of it. I just died again now, which is why I am here looking to see if something is actually going to be done. I had an enemy coming at me up close, I tried to shoot him and couldn't decloak, all I could do was dance around until they finally got close enough to knife me. Absolutely ridiculous. I am P*** Offed that this problem still exists.

I have filed at least a hundred bug reports about this problem over the past couple of weeks. Someone really should be fired because of this. It is unacceptable that a problem this bad should be going on for weeks. UNACCEPTABLE!!!
    • Up x 2
  7. strikearrow

Floating mines has been a bug for years - not months lol

It's a lag issue and PS2 has been just a money cow for years too. The game is on the way out so do not expect any serious repairs. DBG made a business decision (a basic one that every business 101 course teaches I explained elsewhere).
  8. SquirtAttack

Just died again because I could not decloak.
    • Up x 1
  9. strikearrow

Ya my favorite thing to do is fly ESFs, but the lag makes it impossible - fire suppress doesn't work 10% of the time, hit detection is awful, radar is spotty, burst damage lag is terrible, too many map spawns into the oblivion, it's just awful. When I play at this point I just have to sit in a spawn room and fire phoenix rockets and 10-15% of those misfire too. That's not even including the large number of pilots I see hacking with stupid names designed to avoid reports (hint it doesn't work xD) or vet pilots using hacks.

I'm about 80% ready to completely bale on PS2.

Edit: Make that 90%. Just went to long into Emerald with 33% each faction and a 10min queue with ~250 players on each faction so why the queue? What's the big deal if we end up being 34% or so with the addition of the 25 players in queue? It's not a big deal and waiting in queue is a big deal. No I'm not playing on Hossin that has the worst lag of any continent.
  10. SquirtAttack

FIX THIS CRAP!!!!!
  11. Vanguard540

They will soon do something about it. No worries.
  12. WinterAero

Yeah they'll do something alright. Its called pulling the plug.

They haven't done anything about the vast majority of issues, yes lol including the floating mines into the twilight zone, because they can't. The games original coders are LONG gone and those that remain are like cavemen playing in a tool box formerly owned by Einstein. Its hilarious.

You would have thought, when essentially everyone has these problems, that people would have noticed that everyones favourite 'pros' and 'vets', seem not to and can kill in 0.1 seconds of crazy adad-zero recoil instant HS from all angles, accuracy as usual.

But no lol. This community is far too ******** for that. No wonder its dead.
  13. Jac70

I was in my ANT, heard a Harrsole in the distance so cloaked and rammed the ******. He didn't die, jumped out and ran towards me. No doubt C4 at the ready. So, switched to gunner seat.... at least that was my intention. Pressed [SEAT 2}..... nothing..... then I just exploded for no apparent reason.... killed by a SkyGuard :eek:

UNPLAYABLE
  14. Talthos

Be that as it may, I'm playing PS2 to the bitter end. This game is, in essence, the only noteworthy massive-scale MMOFPS left in existence.

Neither lag nor PSA is going to stop me.
  15. WinterAero

And naturally that's your choice and your time to invest. I hope you manage to squeeze some fun out of it, despite the plethora of nonsense that floats abundantly about.
  16. Kalabaster1

for the amount of time I play it's not a great deal of money per year but it is a lot when the game is not playable. lag has been here for years but the level attained in the past few weeks is unheard of so something has drastically changed or is noticeably foobarred. REALLY not interested in your new mods, updates and the rest, I just want a game for which I am paying you good money to work please.
    • Up x 1
  17. Multivariate

I've been playing since 2014, and I've never seen lag this bad. People are just bouncing all over the place, making it impossible to tell if there is actual hacking going on (usually "hackers" are just people with better aim, but right now, I'm not so sure). At this point, even jet packs don't seem to be working correctly - you just fall out of the sky at random intervals.
  18. Crowne

When I was told the light assault has a fearsome jetpack of death, I didn't realize the death would be mine on account of constant malfunction.
    Fearsome indeed. Splat.

Somewhat laughable at first but it adds up. Cloak... uhm, I said cloak, uh oh, enemy, don't cloa... cloaks. -.-
  19. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We are aware of the issues and are aiming to put a fix out tomorrow morning.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.