Terrible community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Aug 17, 2018.

1. UberNoob1337101

Not referring to the ppl who visit the forum or the redditors, but this game's community in-game is legitimately worse than in Fortnite.

Frequent trash tells when an accident happens or someone outplays his opponent or uses a build someone doesn't like.

Fourth faction TKing for the dumbest reasons.

Got added as a friend by a player and then frequently chased by said player in an attempt to TK me just because he drove over my Magrider and he flipped his tank because of it.

Even occasional teamkills for no reason with no apology whatsoever.

Some players almost always have a bad attitude and are almost constantly mad, no matter how hard you try to calm them down.

Salt all over the place, depending on the server.

Getting TKd just because someone wants to get terminal hack/generator overload XP for themselves.

Being called a "zerg-surfing sub-human" just because the only decent fight on the continent is a 60%/40% base capture.

All of this was pretty entertaining to see, but ended up being really annoying and gave a terrible impression of the game's community, especially if something like this happens to a newcomer. Beyond childish and really not giving off the impression that you'd want to fight with them.

This might just be a Cobad/Emerbad thing, but for now I'm not going to play on those servers for a long time.
    • Up x 3
  2. Bansheedragon75

What faction and server do you play on?
    I'm playing VS on Emerald and I can't say I noticed much of what you describe here.
    TKing I can count on one hand the number of times I encountered.

As for the chat I mostly ignore that, rarely worth reading.
    And if people spam voice chat with any crap I just put them on ignore.

As for the person following you can TKing you, seeing as thats harassment just report him.
    And with report I mean submit a ticket on their website here as the ingame report function don't appear to be monitored.
    • Up x 1
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

I agree. I've had all sorts over the years I've played this game. When I was a newbie at this game I was constantly being TK'd by BR 100's because I accidentally shot at them (even if I didn't kill them) and they'd turn around and TK me, revive me and TK me again, or TKing me 'because they felt like it' as one put it, or TKing me because I was repairing/hacking a terminal. This last one happened so often that I ended up coming here to the forums and making a thread asking why it kept happening. After a while of playing this game with my friend, he was scared to reach BR 100 in fear of giving other newbies the same impression they gave us - that they were all a-holes. Not that all BR 100+'s are, but as a newbie it certainly gave this impression.

My latest rage tell was from a VS guy who sent me some choiced words because I killed him with the pounders as he was flying around as LA killing my teammates at a tower.

Before that, an NC player who's been playing this game longer than I have. Asking me not to kill them so they can farm my teammates and when I refused to respond and kept killing them, they started swearing at me, calling me all sorts and claimed they were 'just trying to have fun'; to which I'm sure those they kept killing could have easily said the same thing. When I encountered this same player again, a similar thing happened except they claimed I had no life because I was spending my time hunting them down. It was as if I had made them so angry for 'ruining their fun' that they couldn't think properly and kept doing the same thing over and over. Little did they recognise that like they saw an opportunity in landing on top of a tower to farm sniper kills, I saw an opportunity to farm shotgun kills.

On my NC character I barely got into the game and killed someone. Suddenly I received quite an unpleasant rage tell calling me names etc.

Though I keep all 3 of my characters on separate servers, I have received abuse regardless of what server I'm on. Personally I don't think it matters where you go, you will always receive negativity. Anonymity is one of the many factors which brings out the worst in people sometimes.
    • Up x 3
  4. Sazukata

Emerald here. I agree that the in-game community is rather negative. Plenty of sore winners & losers. Very few outwardly friendly folks.

I'd rather not use a dicey term like "toxic masculinity", but the amount of chest-beating and harassment exhibited by some players gets old pretty fast. I get that we're here to compete and form rivalries, but there's a point where it becomes needlessly hostile.
    • Up x 3
  5. Twin Suns

New event!

"The Purge". A 30 minute free for all.

*pounds gavel*
  6. Pacster3

I was tked numerous times by trigger happy newbies at a capture point that made us lose the region...once even an alert. Especially annoying if they see you for almost a second and then start to shoot. If you were an enemy they would already be dead...so it should be obvious that you ain't an enemy.
    And yes, there are situations where you should not repair terminals(especially not those in bunkers. While building a bunker is already a good reason to get tked...but that's a different story). If the enemy got no spawn points but some infils lurking around for example. If you repair it and don't pull a vehicle(so your repaired it for good)...then one of your teammates destroys it...then you should ask yourself why he is destroying it and maybe not repair it again.

But seriously, usually when you get killed it's a mistake. In some cases it's cause people do not care(usually drivers that run over players. Tho I can say that I killed a couple of people while not being even close to them on my screen. So it's NOT ALWAYS the drivers fault alone)...and in some cases cause you screw up the plan of others with your actions(that should not happen to you all that often if you use your head). Then you got trolls...and finally those that kill you(or eject you from a vehicle and get you killed) cause they want the certs of whatever you are just doing. I hit on the last 3 maybe once a month...combined. So they really do not matter...
  7. JobiWan

I play on Miller and I don't see this at all. There's a lot of friendly banter between factions. I even have a couple of 'enemies' on my friend's list and we swap stories when we're bored or tease each other about kills, but it's all good natured fun.

Yes, there's some proper a-holes but overall it's pretty relaxed and non-toxic.

Only a few nights ago I yelled that I just aurax'd the pilot and I got quite few GJ/WD/WTG type replies from other factions.
    • Up x 3
  8. adamts01

This community is worse than many, but I don't blame the players. By game design, there are rarely good fights. This game tries to attract logistical players as well as CoD kids, so of course they'll but heads. There are quite a few broken and unbalanced mechanics, so it's easy to get frustrated when you lose to those. Because of it's open world nature, you're often either in over your head or swimming in a sea of incompetence, both of which can be frustrating. Long standing mechanics, such as thermals, are taken away from the community with no refund, which is obviously infuriating. Overall, this game is quite often a very frustrating experience by design, so the salt and anger is understandable.
  9. DarkStarAnubis

Dunno, on Cobalt it is a mixed bag. I have been TK'ed for no reason (and NOT by mistake) by idiots more than a couple of times but most of the times a TK happens by accident, even wearing a camo confuses people.
  10. Elahhez

Had a very angry person this night, he was angry about us (vanu) was over populating the map, So after unloading a bunch of angry comments he went to vanu character to tk - still unloading rage.

As sad as it was, was rather hilarious him raging like that, also that an hour later, his faction had a substantial overpop.
  11. ZDarkShadowsZ

I agree with much of what you've said, though my comments on BR 100's were from when I was new at the game, which was over 5 years ago now. Similar with the terminal TK's. :)

There have been a lot of times when a newbie comes into the game and purposely kills me, but if I see I got killed by a low BR just once I tend to let it slide because they're new and probably curious about everything. Just to be sure, and if I feel like it, I'll check out their killboard to see who else they killed. Much of the time I've ended up being a one off TK so I accept it and move on. There have been times though when I bump into some newbie who's just crazy and out for blood, so I just write them off as a troll and move on either way.
  12. pnkdth

Miller is a nice place.

That said, attitude is everything. If you choose to pick up on these players you choose to ignore the vast majority of the other players. It opens up to blaming certain factions, giving players of these factions traits (rarely positive), blaming game mechanics, or whatnot. Once you start down this road you're going to see demons everywhere.

As a start, stop calling an entire server Emerbad or Cobad. Gives the impression you kinda made up your mind about this beforehand.
    • Up x 1
  13. UberNoob1337101

Miller TR, Emerald NC, Cobalt VS. Just logged off from my TR and NC characters and people were chill, easy-going and pretty friendly, one from Emmy even offered to no-scope duel me with a sniper and taught me how to do reverse maneuver a few weeks ago. Cobalt VS is still... "fun", although there are good folks on the faction.

I found them pretty friendly once you get past the e-dick measuring contest, but they can be off-putting at first. I was too rough on Emmy here, even though there have been some pretty bad cases there as well as obnoxious /yell chat. If they were just a little more friendly and open, the community on Emerald would be 10/10 for me.

Played on Miller TR until now, feels good man. I could finally play sniper and other fun builds w/o salty tells and 4th faction TKing, and most everyone seemed friendly and good-natured. Makes me wish I made all 3 characters on Miller.
    I was too rough on Emerald and judged it really poorly based on a few bad experiences and for that I apologize, I will be as positive as I can be, but I don't think I'll change my mind about Cobalt VS and NC. All the examples I wrote above in the OP happened while I was playing on Cobalt VS during the last 3 days, and some of these happened several times.

I wouldn't have made this thread if they weren't so hellbent on TKing/flaming me even after I apologized. I even have screenshots to prove it. Yes, the majority isn't like this, but I kept running into these "fun" guys, either my luck is awful or a great chunk of the faction is overly salty. I guess I'll just stay positive and only hang around the people I know over there.
  14. PlanetBound

/ignore add is one option.
  15. Elahhez

But.... popcorn!?
  16. Kristan

/ignore
    /report
  17. Kumaro

hmm when i get negative comments from killing opponents i generally take that as a compliment and ecouragement to continue with more effort. Sometimes inviting friends to do it as well. Sadly i don't encounter it often at all. :/

TK i encountered a few years back it was reported and resolwed. Once we hunted them down till they left the server but that was because it took to long to resolve. Probably becuase there was a wave of it.
  18. PoopDatGame OUT!

i dont see crap,maybe alot of dumb mistakes of getting ran over..did have some one tk me while we were both repairing a gen..he was probably stat padding since i was basicly defending a gen on the other side of the base,wasnt hardly no one around so i went to repair a gen and he killed me (maybe he had some buds on the other factions because there were two other factions in the area)so in return i killed his *** soon as i respawned then i went elsewhere.

I lone wolf alot and really dont care for squads,maybe small ones but still,most of the squads are a bunch of stupid talk about weapons,and how ps2 should do this and do that SHUT UP I DONT FREAKIN CARE..so i leave the squad..tired of hearing bull crap talk..PLAY THE GAME!..lol

i like proximity squad..if you can hear me im in yoursquad..if you cant then im not.
    • Up x 2
  19. JDS999

LOVE IT
  20. Hereyagoboom

Tonight on Emerald I got invited in to a platoon with 69AR. I have to tell you that was a blast, everyone was pretty cool and it was a good time. As bonus warpaint gamer was on there so I really can't say anything bad about Emerald, I have yet to run in to what your'e talking about maybe I'm just lucky.