Terran Republic has never felt so mediocre compared to VS and NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saintfanny, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Saintfanny

Where to begin?...

Ive invested a lot of time into my TR character, BR 56, a LOT of sc cash spent all for my character to gradually be made next to useless due to the small changes and tweaks that has made each class on the TR a failed attempt at a variant of the VS and NC. I have got 2/3 shotguns to auraxian. Trac 5 and 5 s to auraxian. HA guns to bronze, silver and the MSW to gold so have spent a lot of time playing so far. My k/d is 1.5 which is alright.

Light Assault/Engineer - Where to begin, the GD-7F is an amazing carbine and one that simply eclipses all TR weapons. Im not an L33t player by any means but im alright, id say good, as are a lot of the Pirate Gaming community i am apart of. When an NC enginner 1v5s us with this weapon (JammyJ) then i know somethings wrong. JammyJ is a very good player but when his weapon can physically tear out a higher rate of fire than any of our HA, LA and ENGIs it just makes me think 'what a waste of time and money i have made'.

Heavy Assault - NC Gauss Saw is so accurate and so damaging its almost embaressing. I rolled an NC after JammyJ totally destroyed quite a few of us and all i can say is WOW. the fact their default weapon is more accurate and with a higher damage than ANY of the TRs is disgusting. now the TR TMG 50 is meant to be our highest damage LONG range gun but after the 3rd shot the CoF is all over the place. I used the Gauss Saw and its like what the CARV used to be.

MAX - I dont think i need to speak about the scatter maxes. We all know how broken it is when an NC MAX can destroy TR and VS maxes, regardless of what you spec.

We have a good tank, the prowler is outstanding due to its high rate of fire. Now rate of fire is meant to be OUR thing. low damage but is compensated with the high rate of fire. Anyone else feel like they have the highest rate of fire because i dont. I watch levelcaps heavy assault guide and cry as their LMG is more accurate and fires faster than ours and im not even going to get started on the solstice.

The TR have no place in this game at the moment, jumping onto the NC on Woodman its even common knowledge that TR are 'free certs'

I subscribe and have paid SC cash and when i emailed customer services I was taken aback when they told be that there is no way to swap over my BR and items over to the NC or the VS so im stuck.

Playing a faction that doesnt know what its 'unique faction' abiltiy is. High rate of fire? no, high damage? no, accuracy? no, Decent sustained Cones of fire? no.

All i do is moan about the rather large differences that are now starting to show. Is this just me?
    • Up x 2
  2. illgot

TR maxes need some improvement. That though is on the roadmap. Weapon wise, they seem more spammy than other factions which is great for a specific play style.

I play all 3 factions. Mostly so I can hop around on my favorite battlefields. Try playing the NC. You may find them more to your tastes.
  3. Shinrah

• Up x 4
  4. foesjoe

Our (TR) guns are basically the same as VS guns, except ours sound and look a whole lot better.
  5. irishroy

just imagine the trollcat is the NC
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. Agent 47

So NC are the bad guys after all :/
  7. Egonieser

My main TR is BR 48 now, also invested a mother-load of cash in SC/Sub and spent around 10k certs total on various weapons/vehicles/classes.
    I don't play the infantry anymore, it's just gotten too boring. I love the TR vehicles though, out of all 3 factions, and that's what i mainly play nowadays.
    Though, if there was an option to reset/transfer certs and purchases, I'd roll over to NC side without delay, i played it quite a bit now and thoroughly enjoy it. I don't really like the vehicles much as they feel slow.. Hard hitting but slow. I prefer to be weaker but more mobile.
    However, i absolutely love NC guns. I have no idea why the NC keep whining on these forums about them, they feel brilliant, handle well, and most of all, pack a punch. Yeah they hit slower, and have less ammo, but flippin' heck do they hurt. Takes twice less effort to kill other infantry than on my certed and SC'd TR character.
    Maybe that's just my kind of game, the NC.. I do not like the faction itself, nor their speech/taunts/vehicles/looks, but i love their guns.
    If i hadn't invested so much time/effort/money on the TR, I'd swap to NC without a delay, right now.
    Just my humble thoughts here....
  8. MayorD

ahahahaha... but really... ahahahaha
    isnt that the same guy who QQ about vanu is so UP and stuff? same bullsh... all you need is to say: reaver got better armor. then ill believe you!
  9. irishroy

thanks. i appreciate it.

TBH: the guys, who decided to go the hard way, got rewarded.
  10. GamerOS

OR he's going to say that the Vanguard got higher DPS then the other tanks...
  11. ShayeUK

I would love to see some graphs from Higby, I've noticed NC TTK went through the roof a while back, shoot first die first CQC
  12. TintaBux

TR max is my fav, I own NC/VS max with it. To much whining.
  13. Xasapis

What hard way?
  14. Arquin

TR are UP?

Seriously? You currently have arguably THE best infantry weapons in the game, not to mention the best tank. And I know, I'm from Miller. The TR are a force to be feared. (Although we VS are above emotions, but you get the point)

[IMG]
  15. Artaxarta

I play TR on Woodman as well. I'm almost the same BR (53 now I think) and have also spent a lot of Station Cash on unlocks. My weapon experience is more spread out, no auraxium medals yet but a crapton of gold ones. I say this to point out that the OP and I have a very similar starting point.

And I have no idea what OP is talking about.

If you're going to base your "TR sucks, NC is bettah" argument on how someone like JammyJ, one of the highest ranked players on our server performs with them, well...yeah, whatever he uses is going to seem awesome in comparison. See the problem I have with these kinds of arguments is that statistically, the difference between different factions' weapons is very small. However much "better" you feel the GD-7F is over the TR equivalent (I guess the Lynx?), the magnitude of that superiority is minimal at best. It's certainly not enough to explain why five of you dropped to one player. I'll let you in on a secret: it wasn't because of his carbine.

And of course the NC are going to refer to the TR as "free certs". Just like we refer to the NC as a certzerg and the VS as cowards or whatever and blah blah blah. Every faction talks down on other factions.

I dunno. Of course I'd like TR to have the best of everything too, I play TR after all and nobody plays this game just to get killed over and over again - we all want to win. But objectively speaking, the factions are very well balanced (with the exception of scatmaxes, but if you steer clear of biolabs you won't ever see those). Take a step back, have a moment to yourself and reconsider what you wrote. TR is fine. Our weapons are fine. Our vehicles are fine. So is everyone else's. Except scatmaxes. They need to die. In a fire. Twice.
  16. Pat Cleburne

TR are better now than anytime since launch. Just a fact.
  17. sladuog

I agree that there needs to be better differentiation between empires, especially regarding the majority of their infantry weaponry.
    The default TR guns should be a far higher RoF than those of the other empires. NC should have a far lower fire rate and noticeably better damage per shot. VS having a middle ground with respect to RoF and damage is fine, so long as their accuracy reflects this.

In beta we had people constantly ask "which of the empires' weapons are right for me?". No longer.

Sidegrade weapons should allow for a different playstyle, but perhaps should not tread on the toes of the weapon characteristics the other empires should have.

Unless the devs release some stats, the rest is all baseless whining/accusation.
  18. ShayeUK

lol
  19. sladuog

There were several threads at about the time of GU2 asking whether the NC weapons had been changed. Josh told us they hadn't, but I suspect something else which subtly affected weaponry did, and that lead to a sudden up-tick in NC efficacy.
  20. foesjoe

NC weapons are good for medium to long range, but, imo, nothing beats TR weapons in CQC. You can drop three to four guys with one magazine of your rifle, then switch to your pistol and kill a couple more. If someone's still standing after that, they'll be quaking in their boots because of your display of TR superiority and you knife them to death.