Terran LMG Advice

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Cavadus, Dec 4, 2014.

1. YoXn

MSW-R (Adv.S, and Soft point)
  2. voidreaperxx5

tmg-50 best 50 man
  3. Reclaimer77

This is the biggest most whinny case of "Grass is greener" I've ever seen.

I guess your logic is "Stuff I die to must be better, 'cause I died"....
  4. McMan

Look man if you dont use Orion LMG than dont even try to play this game. Go VS and use Orion or just dont bother with Planetside 2.

Also SOE can you nerf -Insert something-
    Also SOE can you buff -Insert something-
    • Up x 1
  5. FrozenCustard

MSW-R with 1x scope, laser sight, SPA, and sometimes suppressor. I personally go with laser sight because it doesn't increase your weapon switch time like the forward grip does and can be quite handy in those 0-5m ranges. For the TMG-50 I use 2x sight, forward grip and compensator. My reasoning for compensator is that it helps with burst firing although it is optional.
    P.S. I've seen some NC heavy assaults running the cyclone, so maybe the armistice with ext. mags could be a choice if you know you'll only be fighting in CQC and use the hip fire and TTK.
  6. Kociboss

Orion is the best LMG (weapon?) in game.

I play every faction and there is no comparison. Like at all.
  7. Shanther

Anchor.
  8. Kociboss

0.75? Nope.
  9. Shanther

0.75 ADS speed is good but you are one of those people who overvalue it. The damage profile, controlability, and soft point of the Anchor make it a beast. There are many people who believe the Anchor is a better weapon then the Orion. That said I am not one of those people and it has little to do with ADS speed.
  10. Kociboss

I do not overvalue it. I only play with 0.75 adsweapons because they are the best. Be it Orion, SVa, TAR or Carnage.
  11. Shanther

Here is the thing, 0.75 speed ADS weapons are very good on ARs and Carbines because you don't have a Shield slowing your ADS speed back down.
  12. Kociboss

Overshield with 0.75 = Faster than overshield with 0.5
    • Up x 2
  13. Farbaro

I'm new to this game. I've briefly tested all races and most classes. I could never kill anything until I went TR HA with the starter gun. The game is actually looking fun now that the things I shoot at die.
  14. Stargazer86

Chaingun and T32 Bull are the only LMG's worth using. The Chaingun is fantastic for mid/close range where you just want to hold down the trigger and rack up kills. And the T32 is the most accurate thing we have, perfect for headshots with a quick reload to boot. Highly recommend it over anything else.

The Carv is just awful. The Rhino is pretty bad. The TMG-50 I hate but is workable. The MSW-R is too niche.
  15. Psykmoe

T32 Bull is pretty good but probably not worth the full 1000 certs.

MSW-R is just insane for 100 certs. Solid deal. No reason not to have it for the right situation. It is more accurate than the Carv during ADS movement and does maximum damage at greater distance with SPA. If you anticipate short to mid range work, it's an extremely economical choice.

Carv actually got buffed while I wasn't playing, less horizontal jitters, and it was already great before.

Carv-S nobody uses but with SPA/Comp/Foregrip I actually really like it. Large mag, decent control, still solid damage. And if you're anticipating some high intensity fight like a point hold, equipping exmags and never having to reload is extra useful. It's no SVA-88, but with SPA and exmags available it can be a distinct gun.

TMG-50 is a good workhorse gun - first shot recoil not as high as some other 167dmg LMGs, and it has the quickest recoil recovery of any 167dmg LMG after letting go of the trigger, so it's the perfect weapon to fire short controlled bursts in quick succession.Solid quality of life features.

T16 is ok, I guess, but doesn't really do anything notable. At least the T32 Bull has superior standing-moving accuracy in ADS, which means you lose less accuracy when you're trying to avoid getting domed by a sniper or some such. Yeah it gets an Advanced Grip but the Carv-S, while perhaps not as long ranged, has the same mag size and superior damage. Maybe if the T16 shared the T32/MSW-R's improved ADS accuracy you'd have something less generic.