[Guide] Temporary Medics, check this out

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kennonfodder, Aug 8, 2013.

1. kennonfodder

Hello Forumside

In PS2 the medic is maybe not the least played class, but overall, there are not too many dedicated medics playing this class (meaning 80%+ of their PS2 time). So apart from the few helpful idiots that always run medic class, everybody knows there are situations when the need of medics shoots through the roof, and a lot of players switch to this class, so that their teams get a temporary advantage.

This thread is for them. Hope it provides some fresh ideas how to maximize the positive effects of this role, enabling you to keep your friends alive and healthy, even if you just play medic on a few special occasions.

Some Do´s and don´ts

-Use AOE frequently, you can defend yourself while you heal

-Never revive before you clear the area around you, especially important in smaller fights

-don’t use med gun if you don’t have to (---> AOE), especially not when your ally has 75%+ of health

-don’t chase noobs that are screaming for help and then run away in panic

-activate AOE before you enter a 1v1 against an opponent that already spotted you, but better not at night ;)

-standing in front of a pile of corpses, revive medics or maxes first, infiltrators last (debatable)

-stay or move behind the main body of your teammates, don’t run first if playing with a group

-similar: if your squad uses from a jump pad, teleport, go last, not first

-getting surprised while using med gun, switch to pistol rather than to primary, its way faster, or press T if the enemy is very close

-use c4 frequently

-don’t expect other medics to behave like you, save yourself the disappointment, do your best

-equip revive grenades when you play in a team/zerg (400 certs)

-healing grenades only work in a few niche situations

-equip frag grenades when lone wolfing

-evade Maxes <25 meters, better ambush them with C4

-evade 1v1s with Heavy Assaults, especially when they already spotted you (the odds are against you, even if it´s possible to win here)

-use AOE when spawn room is camped = free certs

-if you get revived, thank the person that took care of you (V 1)

In general:

-don’t be afraid to die if you can save several lives with your death

-don’t be afraid to die, you are medic, you´ll get the rewards in paradise :D

-don’t be afraid to die, go stat padding with vehicles or take a max if you are obsessed with your K/D ratio

For how you cert your medic or what weapons you use, check the CM subforums
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/combat-medic.39/

Please feel free to provide further ideas, criticism or be just forumside :)
    • Up x 3
  2. ovakin

But do try to stay alive, because you're a Medic :D Can't Medic-ing being all dead n stuffs
    Very nice post, maybe re-post in CM forum? Your post will be buried pretty quickly around here.
    • Up x 1
  3. faykid

as a frequent medic player, i tried to max it from the start

i have everything except the last level of AOE, C4 inlcuded

but the problem is, i find it hard to use. basically, i never get any kills with it.

LA's throw it while flying over stuff.

as a medic, how am i supposed to use it? the best use i found for it so far was throwing it in door openings and waiting for somebody to get in its area of effect, then detonate.

i cannot approach heavy armor unnoticed, i cannot fly over a group of people and throw it, how am i supposed to use it? like a manual AI mine? it doesnt seem to be that effective
  4. Oreo202

C4 is a weapon of opportunity. See a tank that's busy trying to farm a spawn room? Blow them up. See a MAX that is engaged in an... engagement? Blow them up too.
  5. faykid

yeah, i understand that. the problem is, i rarely see such opportunities in combat.
    if i see a busy max, he is usually busy trying to kill me, and is never alone.
    if i see a tank, it is either too far away, or has a company. besides, one stick of C4 does not kill most tanks. i did manage to attach it to a tank a couple of times, but i never got the kill.

i remember once i managed to put it on a sundie under the A point of a tech plant when we rushed in on shield-diffusing sundie. i put it right on the equipment screen. stepped back, blew it up. nothing. then our heavies finished it - i didn't even get an assist.