Tell me I want to spend 500 certs on a 2nd c4

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by haniblecter, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Temple

Not taking C4 is like only having one gun for the LA, you have one play style.
    Bio-Lab for example
    On the Pad trying to get in, Use C4 to provide death from above, giving your HA's the ability to push in and mop up. Med range gun with stopping power to spray from a distance.

Inside the Lab trying to cap points, drop hte C4 and pickup the Med Pack/Resto Pack for staying power on rooftops and choke points.
    Close range gun with high ROF, none of your shots will be over 20m.

If you're a player that NEVER changes his loadout, then A, you need to change that right now, and B, you're not providing what your team/squad needs at any given time. Take the time to make a loadout for Close quaters and Med Range combat styles.

500 certs is epensive...but the look of dispair when you smack that 2/2 MBT or AMS sundy is Priceless.
  2. Compass

• Up x 2
  3. Yosarian

It really is it just needs a smidge more damage 2 should take a sundy
  4. {joer

Agree. And two should definitely take out a lib :mad:
  5. Grimtou

Not to ruin the party, but antitank mines work much much better on sunderers if you don't min suiciding into them. At the moment, two mines will instantly kill the sunderer for 150 resources instead of 200 (which wont kill it).

C4 is a little more useful for traps and moving targets as you can still trigger it if you miss
  6. Curse_Gamerkin

Ive got 5 C4's and 4 ATmines, i like them both equally. If im fighting infantry, C4 it also works on vehicles. if i wanna kill tanks or sundies then AT.
  7. Carrionghoul

Remember, unlocking the second 500 cert block of C4 also unlocks it for any other class you have the 200 C4 certed.
    You only have to spend the 500 certs once.
    • Up x 1
  8. Compass

Here's another reason.

• Up x 1
  9. Droddd

is that really true? also, by the looks of things, ur best bet with demolition LA is drifter jets+ 2 c4+ trac-5s with underbarrel grenade launcher/smoke
  10. lslogin

Now that was an entertaining signaure.
  11. HeadshotVictim

Can't we just burn the heretic OP for his question?
    A second C4 is NOT to question.
    It is written:
    I Thou shalt not spawn without thy two C4-Charges.
    II Thou shalt destroy every sunderer in the wrong colors, since it is against nature!
    III Thou shalt bring havoc over as many enemies as possible!
  12. Wolfwood82

I'm gonna be a rebel and say.... "No".
  13. vaxx

I only spend the 500 on a second c4 after JJ's are to level 6.
  14. Jex =TE=

But I bet 2xC4 and a frag grenade to detonate them will :)
  15. Takoita

It is worth it on every class, 24/7. Don't leave your house without it!
  16. Turelle

I had the 1 C4 for a while, got a few uses out of it, mostly infantry traps (although the explosion radius seems to be really small if there's no armor around, i've had inf stand right next to it and not kill them) and killing maxes in almost any base. Get in close to them and they tend to struggle to hit you due to the 'deadzone'. Just watch for the melee. A single C4 only got a lighting kill once or twice when they were already severaly damaged.

But when I got the 2nd C4... it was by far the best investment of 500 certs i've made, perhaps bar the lvl 6 med tool. I can kill lightings, MBTs, maxes (and have a brick to spare) with ease, they tend to have bad situational awareness, and when they do become aware, they either run away and leave the area (which is usually my goal anyway) or try to run me down, in which case you leave a C4 trap for them. It also severely damages sunderers but you need the UB GL/SL to kill them in one go.

The 2 C4 has broken the attack and defence more times than I have with an MBT or HA. Play smart, know the area and where to flank and stay hidden and you'll find the 2 C4 is a godsend. If you go after AMS sundies, be prepared to die, but your death may well win the battle.

Just... be prepared to never have full infantry resources... there's so many uses for it.
  17. Tungsten

Instead of thinking of how many times you can fit scrub into a post there's always the option to read other peoples threads and see every person say yes get second c4.