Tell me I want to spend 500 certs on a 2nd c4

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by haniblecter, Jan 16, 2013.

1. haniblecter

I've been counting the times in the past two days of playing when a 2nd c4 could results in me trying to kill an mbt or sunderer. Its been a few.

But, I also vehicle alot, and 500 certs is like 9 or so extra vortek rounds in my magazine, it could add some rounds to my fury mag on my flash (dont ask). Could beef up my HA or add another missile. Give me hover frame for my reaver....

Its alot of damn points is what Im trying to say. For some of you scrubs that dont put money into this game, its like half a new weapon (that would add essential function to yoru scrub vehicles)

For me, the only other thing that I got that was 500 is the extended mag for my MAXs scattershot. And THAT was ******* pivitol in my MAX play.

So, should I press the button (teehee)
  2. {joer

I made the same thread a week back.

I got it.

I like it.

It's perfect for suicidal players.
  3. Compass

There is never a reason to settle for less than 2 C4. I intend to get it ASAP.
  4. ClickMe

L5 Drifters + C4 x2 = LA.

It's a simple equation.
  5. MasterCheef

i die fast enough with 1 c-4, i dont see myself living long enough to use a 2nd brick too often.

Most times i want a 2nd C-4 is if i missed a throw- but by then im usually in a compromising position. Ive held off on that 2nd brick.
  6. Ghoest

Then you are fail.

You cant kill anything worth killing with one other than a Max.
  7. Sloddo

even 2 is not enough. I spent the 500 certs, only to find that even two C4's won't destroy a fresh sundy (by just barely).... so now I essentially help everyone else get the credit. But just sticking with the cert for only one is almost worthless in my opinion. oh, and for those that say resources don't matter in this game obviously don't use C4... blowing things up gets costly, real quick.
  8. stug41

Even though I play medic a vast majority of the time, I got 2 C4 for my medic. Even without the mobility of a jetpack I often am able to get to enemy sundys and hit them. If they dont die immediatly I can stick around for the 20 seconds or so to kill any engineers that try to fix it. It also allows me to kill many unsuspecting tanks. Best of all, I can shoot a max, run around a corner, leave C4 at the edge and wait for max to come around. Always very fun to do that.
  9. Streetrip

Strongly suggest.
    With one you can drop it on a turret to scare the occupant out ready to get gunned down. If you're above a crowd, that's a group(x2) of kills there. You can also drop it around corners vs MAXes.
    With two you can double all of the above, and also take out any MBTs/lightnings next to a roof or guarantee a kill against a turret. Every instant action drop essentially becomes a guaranteed kill.

Additionally you can absolutely wreck sundys. It just requires a bit more perseverence. Drop two on a sunderer and DO NOT DETONATE. Resupply/die, return to the site. Detonate, lay down another fresh brick, detonate again. You can completely change the course of a battle AND get kill credit.

I personally quite like it as when included with a setup that dons the underbarrel launcher on the Gauss S and grenade bandolier, you can effectively exterminate an entire battle line, assuming you can position yourself in a good ambush position and survive long enough to get all of your ordanace out.
  10. Bambolero

When you get the second C4 new targets open up, like vehicles.
    You can start blowing up tanks and damaged sundys.
    Even a 'Jihadbike" will destory full health Magrider, I've done it few times.
    In theory (I've never managed to do this) you can destroy 2 Mags with 4 people inside.
    Basically the idea is to make a Jihadbike then reload on C4, now you have 4xC4 on you, enough to destroy 2 tanks, ram the flash into a Mag, blow it up while jetpacking toward the second, unload and blow up the second.
    I've tried this few times but only ever managed to ***** a single Mag before I die :/
    • Up x 1
  11. Kyutaru

You want to spend 500 certs on a 2nd c4.
    • Up x 2
  12. Iridar51

Why some peple are such undecisive *****? Everyone and his dog creates a thread where he asks if he should really get C4...
  13. Sloddo

update - two C4 on the back door of a Sundy will send it up in flames.
  14. Compass

2 C4 anywhere on a Sundy will set it up in flames.
  15. Deathcapt

So as an HA, I have the C-4 and the AV grenade, for an MBT, I'll throw 1 c-4 on it, and then shoot it in the back, usually if I can put a c-4 on it, I can hit it in the back for an insta kill, it's also 1/2 the resource cost of 2 c-4s. For sunderers, I can't kill it, since I only have 1 brick, but I'll usually shoot a rocket on my way there, throw c-4, then av grenade, then reload and try for another rocket to finish it off. It's tricky, but it works some times, if I had 2 c-4s it'd be a lot easier.

I'm saving up for the 2nd c-4 but I'm also looking to get my 2nd extended magazine on my burster right now.
    • Up x 1
  16. Compass

1x extra C4 > greater than extra ammo for a burster any day of the week. There's rarely "Oh, I could have used a few extra shots because both my arms conveniently reload at the same time." There's often "Oh, I could have used the extra brick to end this miserable tank's life."
    • Up x 1
  17. Darkchaos-J

All I heard was "should i spend 500 certs to kill tanks and sundys?"

YES!
  18. Vorpal

I spent 500 to get the second brick. I don't regret it at all. I'd buy a 3rd brick if I could.

Two bricks will let you kill tanks and base turrets. Or two MAX instead of one.
  19. KRE8R125

You are asking if you should buy a second C4 for LA? Well that depends...

Do you want to see a tank run away from you in fear??
    • Up x 1
  20. Stealth1

2x C4 is must buy if someone intends to use the class to its full potential.
    • Up x 1