Tell me about TR Light weapons

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SenorBeef, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Wildclaw

I generally divide ranges into the following ranges
    • Really short (CQC) - The range at which shotgun is effective.
    • Short - You can auto fire spray at this range.
    • Short-Medium - Controlled auto fire does the job at this range.
    • Medium - A mix of controlled auto fire and bursting is best at this range
    • Medium-Long - Burst or single fire. Don't expect to kill targets solo.
    • Long - Burst of single fire, but don't expect to do any real damage.
    Here is my TR weapon review
    • Trac-5 - Good generic weapon. Generally best fitted with a 2xreflex or 3.4 scope and used for short, short-medium and medium range.
    • Trac-5 Burst - Trac-5 but with burst mode instead of auto. Not really a fan of this one as burst doesn't fit the Trac-5 general play style that well.
    • Trac-5 S - Grenade Launcher, nuff said. Crappy performance outside of the underbarrel attachments. Short, Short-Medium range Kamikaze Jet Shock Trooper weapon (Grenade Launcher can be fired accurately while jetting). Don't expect any long killing streaks with this one unless you have ammo supply and the launcher doesn't bug with the ammo pack.
    • Trac-5 AMC - Has a full set of attachments for ranged combat including a 6xscope and advanced forward grip. Use at medium range and possibly medium-long range.
    • Lynx - The carbine of choice for short range combat. Highest dps of all TR carbines. Use a 1xReflex sight or night vision.
    • Jaguar - Superior recoil pattern that doesn't pull to right side like other Terran Carbine. Makes it the best choice for short-medium range combat.
    • Haymaker - 2 extra shots per magazine and 10 extra ammunition in total makes this the TR LA shotgun of choice.
    • Nighthawk - Automatic fire and faster fire rate makes this the choice for those who want an even greater chance of surviving a front assault. Probably a better choice for other shotgun classes, but some like the fire rate even for LA.
    • Barrage - Shotgun with faster reload rate. In my opinion, Haymaker is the better choice in most circumstances.
    I think it is strafe that can cause strange side-effects if you do it while firing a shotgun.
  2. blzbug

Do some research before you drop any certs on the UB equipment. The grenade launcher is the sexy siren of the weapon. But BEWARE! You will wake up with fire crotch the next morning...