[BUG] Teleporting with normal latency

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Oleker2, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Oleker2

My latency is being around 166ms for network and 180ms for server, with occasional 200 / 210ms. From Southern Brazil.
    Never have any problem with this latency before, but from a few days ago things get weird. When I reach about 30~ minutes of play everything starts to teleport. People going below map, vehicles floating around. I look to my ping and it still as normal as ever.
    One moment driving a lighting, got weapons locked with no friendly fire hits on my screen, but some platoon mates said I was driving over people. No kills poping up on my end though.
    Power Charging my modem seems do solve the problem for some time, then starts all over again. In the mean time, the Internet Provider reports the connection is perfectly normal.
    Maybe some package loss with the server? Any suggestions?
  2. Silverjavel

Almost sounds like a piece of your hardware is over heating.

Do you use the set top box your ISP provided you or do you use your own box? Wired connection or Wifi?

Are you using a desktop or laptop (if custom built please specify, specs would also be helpful)? If your ping is showing as fine in game, I would run a speedtest when this type of thing happens just to see if you are having a speed drop from the ISP or the problem is your hardware in some form.

You can always submit a ticket to DBG and they may be able to help you further if no solution is immediately visible.

As a side note, I'm on the west coast and and while my 'home' server (if you can call it that now with the YLBT invasion), Connery, gives me passable ping (50-60 server ping), Emerald jumps to what I would consider unacceptable for being on the same landmass. (90-120ish server ping on a good day, 110-140 server ping on a bad day)
  3. Oleker2

CPU: AMD FX8300 (8x 3.3GHz)
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (8gb)
    RAM: 8GB 1333MHz

Using the setbox from the IP, wired to the desktop. The box is even on it's default setting as was reiterated by the support last month when I had instabilities due to some heavy storms on the city. The PC and crappy smartphone (on wifi) are the only devices connected to the modem and the phone is not even being used.

Happened again just now. I'm used to be killed around corners some times, but noticed some more grotesque deaths around corners when I was well pass the 1 sec mark and got shot.
    Network and Server latency around the 170ms as normal, then I respawned on a base and simply couldn't use the teleporter. Standing inside it did absolutely nothing. Only then other players started to blink in and out of existence, but my character still able to spawn vehicles and use jump jets, but not changing classes or loadouts.

It's hard to get decent south america servers on any game, so we Brazilians are used to play on those 100~200 latencies. And I wouldn't play on SA server my self... Brazilians and south americans in general are "trolly" by default and prefer to screw each other rather than play the game as intended.
  4. AuraBliss

OP

You are not the only one I been getting these strange hiccups too. Did you say your pc is wifi ? mine is as well wonder if that is the connection there ? I tried wired connection :( wasn't easy as I had to move my computer down stairs to plug it in to see if it stopped which it did. SO I am guessing its a wlan issue with the game.
  5. Silverjavel

Hey Oleker,

Can you provide OS version as well? More specifically are you running Win10 with the creators update? You probably would have installed this update manually.

Next time you start the game after not being on for a while please tell me how long it takes for this issue to appear. Do this test twice. Is the timing consistent? This may provide some insight depending on the result.

Do you have any way to track your CPU/GPU temperature? I would also check the running temperature of both the set top and your Network Interface Card on your desktop when it occurs and see if they are above normal. This also could potentially be helpful information.

What category cable (5, 5e, 6, etc) are you using and is it properly shielded? (This info can usually be found printed on the side of the cable) Are there any bigger appliances running near the set-top or your wiring? (These may cause interference)

Is your network password protected? Do you notice any intrusion attempts in your set-top box logs? This can show up in the form of denied network access events or port scanning. You should have access to this information by logging into your set-top via default gateway. (If you have never logged into your router, look up how to port forward on your router and you should be able to find this info.) Logs are usually under "Administrator Tools" or "Diagnostic Tools".

As before I would advise you to open a ticket with DBG and provide "clean" log info, as I can only do so much as a player. (To provide "Clean" logs, terminate the game process after the issue has occurred and save the log, if you are unable to find the log files, DBG support can most likely point you to them)

Side note: Been noticing a lot of random server latency spikes today on Connery (two noted being widespread upwards of 1300ms for many players) Have not been on Emerald lately so do not know the state of that server.

Cheers,
    Javel
  6. Cymric

Are you sure your server latency is normal? That really sound like what happens when server latency spikes.
  7. MyPS2

8. MyPS2

“To fix this problem, open up a command window and type in this:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

If you ever want to go back to the original buggered up timer that Windows uses then open up a command window and type in this.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock”
  9. adamts01

Visit speedtest just to make sure you you have enough bandwidth. Your problem sounds like mine when the the network bogs down. You can also do a ping test to a north american server to make sure you don't have any packet loss and also trace your signal, to make sure there isn't a weird routing of your signal.