[Suggestion] Techplant flaws...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Levtech, May 21, 2014.

1. Levtech

We all (should) know about those techplants but there are a few design flaws I'd like to point out. First of all, that opening at the top of the vehicle bay wall can be accessed by any class by simply climbing the hydraulic support and walking on in. This could easily be fixed but has not been for a while. Also, with a few people you can take down a tech plant without touching anything but the control point and SCU. Those back doors are what I'm talking about, they are too easy to push into unless its a big enough fight for them to be fully covered. All the other entrances (except the "LA only" one above the vehicle bay) are harder to get to while any average person of auraxis can just walk in the back. I say those back doors need to be hooked up to the two shield generators and you should not be able to fire through them until disabled (like tower shields). This would make it so the shield generators actually have a purpose instead of just being a timer until you kill the tanks hiding inside. You would probably notice that people would use the other entrances more often and make for some more interesting tactics, too. Tell me if you agree these are flaws and they need fixing as I want to know if its just me who thinks a little more effort should be required to cap a tech plant.