technically correct event play

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by teks, Sep 24, 2013.

1. teks

The event was a little deceptive at first. In the first week we all thought the goal was to play as our faction to get an award and fourth faction players would be discouraged from helping the side they werent loyal to...wow were we wrong.

Heres what ive learned is how we should be going about the event.

1. Make alt in the other factions
    2. Spend an hour each week in that alt.
    3. Because the event is about loyalty try to TK as many friendlies as possible.
    4. Every week you get free stuff as a reward for being a terrible human.
    5. Profit.
    • Up x 3
  2. chrisbeebops

I for one welcome any event which brings more TKing idiots to the TR.
  3. teks

For those still unaware the reason for this is because the awards are hilariously carried on to all your characters.

If you played TR all week you get a loyalty bonus on your VS main while the 'loyal' vs guy gets nothing. Its vital to log in and tk everyone for at least an hour or youll be punished rather harshly. Your not loyal unless you fourth faction TK and metagame
  4. Aegie

[planetside 2 logic]
    [very thankful they make games instead of public policy]
  5. NoctD

If that's anyone's philosophy all I can say is they must be truly sad individuals both in game and in real life... and I wouldn't want them on my faction/s.

It is possible to play the game and enjoy multiple factions.

First people complain about WDS like crazy, then SOE tries to fix it, and this is the sort of thanks they get?

What a sad playerbase PS2 has if this is the bulk of how most people feel... I personally hope its just a handful of bads.
  6. Aegie

[wonders when SOE tried to fix WDS]
    [questions if the WDS is the fixed version]
    [laughs coffee out of nose]
  7. teks

Sarcasm. Its beyond you.

The point is. This event make no sense at all. It is only making 4th faction worse. No. It goes beyond that. Its strong arming everyone into the fourth faction. I have no interest in them but i would like free stuff.
  8. NoctD

Is it perfect or really logical? Not at all. But creating an alt and getting free stuff for your main? Is that so hard to do? If you're at all a reasonable person, you'd quickly realize that this is hardly a hardship, and by doing what they've done, there are no real "losers" in the event, except those who choose to for whatever silly reasons, not want to put in a bit of extra time and effort for something free and benefits your main character/faction if you so choose to use it that way?

And you found this topic so worthy of sarcasm? So unnecessary and it shows how jaded some of us have become - yes there's various issues out there, but when people start becoming this petty its all downhill from here on out.

As illogical as it might seem, I have to give SOE kudos for at least trying to find a way to reward everyone that was unhappy with the format of WDS. Their answer may not be perfect, but can't you even see/acknowledge that they actually did something to respond, however imperfect it might be, that's still better than just sticking to their initial plan?
  9. Aegie

[points out you can log into TR for ~1 do jack all and "win" the reward too]
  10. Botji

And since its so easy to do why not just give it to everyone?
  11. Aegie

[points out how admitting to mistakes is not always so easy to do]
  12. Regpuppy

Weeeell... I won't TK for an hour, but I'll be happy to mindlessly run over VS in vehicles for 30-60 minutes while my NC brethren fight on. I consider myself a diehard loyalist for my faction, but I can't rationally pass up a free boost when it's so effortless.
  13. teks

Are you wrong, no

but there was some deception as the event was supposed to be about loyalty for your faction. They didn't mention you could use these boosts across all characters, so they punished the people who actually were loyal to their faction. Yeah, now we know, but in the meantime we lost out on a boost everyone else got just for 4th factioning.