Tech Plants Layout is bugger all

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xaragoth, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Xaragoth

Okay. Who else is tired of assaulting these things, going through a door and getting sprayed with bullets from a balcony that you can barely hit anybody at from below?
    • Up x 1
  2. Vibe

Oh the Tech Plant, yes... While it is good for grinding certs, it's the equivalent of Metro in Battlefield 3. Pure meatgrinder "map". Needs to have one or two more doors inside.
  3. Thardus

We have to have a couple of Interlink facilities around. It's hard to find a good defensive fight in this game.
    • Up x 1
  4. AuditMF

I think it should stay the same. Every game needs a "meatgrinder" style map. Tech Plants are PS2's.
  5. Flarestar

You're aware that there are technically five entrances, yes? Two doors, the elevator, and both sides of the vehicle bay? Learn to coordinate attacks.
  6. Sifer2

I believe the big answer to the Turtle Plant might be the shield breaker cert for the Sunderer. No one seems to use it but in theory if you say loaded up a Sunderer full of MAX, and broke into the main room, to attack the enemies deployed Sunderer in there you could throw a big wrench in their defense.

Right now it's mostly just occasional Light Assualts that jump the shields but there's always people respawning that will see an shoot them. Anyway if you are going to try to make your way through those two little doorways into a hail of gunfire it should be as a HA with your shield activate. And you shouldn't stay in there for any longer than it takes to toss a grenade up on that balcony, or blast a turret with your Rocket Launcher. What people usually do though is run in there an try to take cover behind a corner an just get nade spammed dead or shot the second they peek around. It wont work you have to nade spam the defenders into submission, and then charge in all at once to gain ground.
    • Up x 1
  7. Wrath001

tech plants are fine had a few epic battles at tech planets there great places there are to attack but thats fine one of the key points to it is the fact that defending one to a major attack isnt possible unless the defenders put there own sundy inbetween the centre vehicle pads.
  8. GamerOS

Both the small doors AND the elevator end at the same spot, so it's not much of an extra entrance.
    The Vehicle bay doors are only accasible for LA.
    The final back vehicle bad door has a shield and we all know the generator is hard to get to.

All in all if the enemy manages to get a sunderer in the vehicle bay you're in for a long run in the meat grinder.
  9. Xaragoth

Sunderer Shield Breaker is sadly completly unreliable :/ Otherwise it would be a nice counter.
  10. Jay270

If you managed to get a galaxy or two to full capacity and land on the vehicle bay that should be enough to change the tide.
  11. Wrath001

that wont change anything you still have to come down the lifts at the back near the back door thats the point he's saying there should be a 2nd enterance for flanking
  12. Xaragoth

It would actually be nice if the entire continents had a power-line system. You need to hold a certain amount of outlying power-stations to support the shield generator. That would actually stop people from just mass zerging at just one location and spread out people a bit. In return, if you hold enough, you basically have the capture locations completly safe from assaults.
  13. Kantsler

on that note I havent seen a single base type I actually like. IMO they all suck and they need to bring back closed bases/fortress
    • Up x 1
  14. Jay270

I hope you're saying that galaxies won't change the tide in a tech plant out of past experience, I also am not disagreeing with the second door idea I am stating however, that walking through that door "won't change anything," as 9 times out of 10 you are going to die. I'm fairly sure two galaxies fully staffed is about 10 or 12 people if you manage to land another galaxy fully staffed you will have 20 to 24 people coming down the lift. Now given this isn't a sure thing because there are always grenades and rockets flying about but this is a better approach over piling in through the doorway.
  15. Wrath001

from past experince with galaxys no but from past experince where defending a tech plant we had been push back inside the base away from the door and lift so TR had control of the bottom level. near the doors they had 30-40 people atleast inside there and still couldnt push on to take the base because the sundy inside the vehicle bay so 20-30 guys coming down that lift wont change anything if there is a sundy inside there they'll push to defenders back slighty but once they've been killed it all come back to trying to push through the doors again
  16. ilys01

As was said in a beta thread before those forums were wiped, simply add a second generator in one of the surrounding buildings for the vehicle bay shields. Could also add a wall or extend the floor where the balcony is to make defending the rear (?) entrance more difficult.
  17. GTGD

I'm sure the sunderer idea sounds fantastic right now with everyone as infantry spamming grenades at the one choke point. Too bad as soon as the tactic starts getting used you'll have a couple tanks sitting inside ready to instagib any sunderer trying to break through (and only suffering a loss of 4 engineers who were most likely browsing the cash shop, laughing maniacally as the flood of exp from their ammo boxes washes over them).
  18. JojoTheSlayer

I actually think a few bases on each islands should be grind bases, but not in the way the tech plant is. Where people cant shoot back, but more in the way of a "300" defense base where few defenders can hold it for a decent amount of time against superior numbers.

If the lower number faction ALWAYS gets steamrolled from every place people will log off rather quick I think.
  19. GTGD

Not sure if you played PS1, but it has always been a numbers game. Except it's easier to attack bases now because:

- no exp incentive for base defenses = less people sticking around
    - open bases with multiple objectives = smaller pop spread even thinner throughout
    - skill gap in PS2 is smaller (much bigger difference between a bad player and a good player in PS1) = harder for a small group of skilled players to hold off a larger group of unskilled players
  20. Zhypher

wont work, the Gate diffuser only works on gates that are only inacsessible to vehicles, not gates that you cant get through as infantry.