Teamkilling

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teegeeack, Nov 4, 2013.

1. IamDH

I remember drop podding on a liberator (as a VS) because he had a camo which had a red stripe on it which confused me lol
  2. Morti

Usually when I'm running repair sunderer or battle sundy I TK a lot.

Mostly because people insist on running in the middle of the road.

Seriously. Running through the road without looking isn't normal. But on meth PS2 it is. PS2, not even once.
    • Up x 1
  3. Teegeeack

On Auraxis all road safety laws are null and void. It's every pedestrian for himself.
  4. WyrdHarper

That's why I look both ways before crossing the street! But actually. It's saved me from being run over by friendly tanks and sunderers plenty of times.
  5. AnuErebus

I probably tk somebody once or twice for every 100 kills I get. Usually it's due to them running in front of me while I'm trying to shoot an enemy which often leads to both of us dieing thanks to my bullets not hitting the guy actually shooting at us. I don't bother apologizing in that kind of scenario. You run in front of someone shooting you should be apologizing to them for not paying attention to anything around you.
  6. R3dBeaver

most of my TK are from frag nades or C4. and i just say sorry (V+8).

1 time is intentional though... im on a 3rd seat of a harasser, the driver backs up to the wall as he's camping a turning flag. then somebody start teabagging my head.....

i ignored him for about 30sec. then i politely ask him to stop it. then i start a single shot with my pistol, just to let him know, while he gets his shield recharged. but still, he hasn't stopped.

......and then i emptied my carbine into his butt hole.
  7. GSZenith

maybe once or twice in 1hour, i tend to send them;
    "sorry about your KDR, want to pad in my marauder?" :)
  8. Earthman

When I'm emptying 200 rounds out of a mini-chaingun, or two sets of 100 rounds out of a pair of Mutilators, there's almost a cointoss chance that some genius will approach me, mid-bullet-stream, and then run into it, upset at what happens.
  9. Tommyp2006

Usually one or two for every 100 or so enemy kills on average. Sometimes more or less situationally, sometimes inside or outside of my control, like when people either stop in the middle of the road, or jump on top of my vehicle mid combat, etc. I don't even feel bad about it anymore, **** happens, it happens to all of us, you can resapwn in 10 seconds anyways.
  10. EmmettLBrown

Usually once or twice a session. Most of them are from BB explosives that I hide to the side of doorways to get the first enemy that charges in. I'm guessing there are a few NC that try to kung-fu them as they run in...
  11. DeusExForever

Mostly because folks literally jump right in front of my rocket launcher. -_-

Need a FF off server, because there's w-a-y too many kids who purposely TK (why I prefer playing Battlefield because they do have FF off servers to keep the CoD rift raft to a minimum!).
  12. Lancener

Rarely actually kill, sometimes do damage when they walk in front of me right when I start shooting. Most of my team kills are from tossing a grenade into a room full of enemies and having an ally run in right behind the grenade. Also tend to have some people that think prox mines are suggestions of where to stand, so as soon as an enemy comes near they both blow up.

My favorite TK was when I had a headshot lined up with my XM98 and an ally, with low health, jumps across my screen and gets shot right in the ankle and dies. Actually just remembered a better one, in a base AV turret and a light assault jumps off the roof, go to take my shot and he floats right into it.
  13. wolfva

I play around 2-4 hours weekdays; considerably longer on weekends. Almost never TK, and when I do it's invariably an accident. I try to always send a tell appologising for it, unless it's in the heat of a very large and confusing battle...like an airpad at the biolab. Heck, TKs are to be expected there. The exception, of course, is when some dweeb purposely kills me for no apparent reason. This weekend saw a jackwad gun down a friendly, then start shooting at me; I killed him. He respawned and kept trying to kill NC, especialy me, so I kept killing him and put the word out. He later grabbed a harrasser and tried to TK our sundy. Didn't work out well for him. I really don't understand why some people feel the need to be jerks to that magnitude. I'd volunteer to be a GM in a heartbeat if SOE still had that program, just to ban those idjits.
  14. faykid

3-4 hours
    allies jumping on my bullets/rockets, roadkills
    i TELL sorry if the kill was too derpy on my part
    i never rage when i got TK'ed in action, but rage a lot if it's a punk killing me in spawn or an idiot mistaking me for enemy at point blank (like he didn't notice that the cross hairs go red on enemy)
  15. AnnPerkins

I don't usually TK except as revenge. When I do accidentally TK it's usually me trying to get behind some cover to repair. Protip: If you see a vehicle with its turret facing backwards while smoking and traveling in your direction get out of the way. I don't apologize or expect an apology from someone that runs me over trying to save their vehicle.

Driving at top speed through a friendly base with no activity and running me over is however, unforgivable and you will die. I will make sure of it.
  16. Bulltahr

This morning I got TK'd then rezzed, then TK'd again in a spawn room by a couple of High BR players, WTF thinks I. Maybe they had decided that I had spent too much time in there.............
    When I logged out I saw on my kill board that I had TK'd one of them first, never even noticed at the time.
    As always, when I logged back on I sent a tell apoligizing and that it wasn't intentional. I fought out of thier sundy for the next 1//2 hr.
    The low BR guys doing dumb****, I never worry about, but everyone else gets an apoligy from me, in-game, or I track down thier Outfit leader and ask them to forward it on.
  17. Earthman

Just about all the teamkills I suffer these days are from Harassers.

For some reason it seems that when people enter Harassers the world becomes their personal Grand Theft Auto emulation.
    • Up x 1
  18. Xasapis

It's almost unavoidable not to sacrifice a friendly in the Magrider god every time I pull one. Usually new engineers that don't yet know better than to never attempt to repair the Mag in the middle of a heated combat.
  19. Lagavulin

It doesn't bother me at all if I'm TK'd in combat - it's bound to happen, and it doesn't hurt in RL!!! Just one of those things. If I do it myself I always apologise.

What IS annoying is all the instances of TK's in the spawn room by low BR (clearly opposition alts) players, which is definitely becoming more common. I always report such players, but GM's in this game are either non-existent, or ineffectual. There needs to be a strategy to deal with it.

Also why do so many players feel the need to knife (but not outright TK) friendlies in the spawn room? Often see that result in the 'offender' being TK'd afterwards. Strange behaviour.
  20. Tipper

My sessions are usually 2-3 hours and I get between 2-5 team kills. Most come from covering corners and shooting someone with low health as they run in or having someone run into my bullets. I usually run medic, so I'll always revive TKs after the enemy is dead. If it's my fault and I can revive them, I'll send a macro "sorry", but if I die as well, I'll usually send them a tell while waiting to respawn.

Most of my purposeful TKs come from other medics stealing revive xp after they watched me rez someone. I'll also sometimes kill people who are spam proximity chat.

If I'm killed by a friendly and revived after, I'll usually shoot a couple of bullets into them if they don't send a tell or macro apologize, but I don't kill them.