Teamkilling is out of control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Rune Scorpio

weapon lock is utter BS. Was all for the system until I got teamkilled 5 times in a row by dumbasses that cant look around. Now all I feel like doing is passing on the hate and showering other magriders in some blue splooge.
  2. Rune Scorpio

Yeah, also don't stand anywhere near a magrider. We strafe to dodge shots so no purple meatbags nearby are safe.
  3. Pwnstarr

Teamkilling is an integral part of any good zerg rush. Take the objective at all costs!
  4. Diffedge

There is an easy solution.

1. make the damage ratio from FF 25 -50% less. So accidental deaths will be mitigated.

2. implement a penalty that decreases over time. So if you team kill 2 people in a 15 min time no penalty. 3.. you lose 10% of your total resource pool for 15 mins. If you dont teamkill anyone in that 15 min period everything goes back to normal. But then things get progressively worse if the team killing continues. The only catch is flying galaxies and driving sunderers, as you can get 11 teamkills very quickly... Not surehow to get around that one.
  5. Tasogie

FF should not be nerfed in my opinion, the more I've played now the more I see it. People just need to learn trigger discipline. At moment a large % of players are Cod generation they are used to spamming everything an just hope. Then you have the Tribes generation, you can pick them a mile away, TD was on in Tribes an the team killing there was far less. We tend to pick our targets an aim faster/better.
    (Just a simple fact) not having a go at anyone. As it stands people just need to be somehow taught what trigger discipline is.
  6. Warna Bayangan

I don't think friendly fire should be tuned down...it's the perfect solution for medics that complain about people running away after asking for health.... I mean shoot him in the head while he runs aways then rez him and I bet he will even stand still this time :3
  7. NullPointer

I had someone run up to me and request healing (I'm a medic). His health was nearly all gone. I used my mouse scroll wheel to select my medical applicator but selected the pistol by mistake and popped him with one bullet and he died. I rezed him of course. But I felt so bad about it. Mistakes happen and we should not be punished for it.

But, in the same game, in one fight there were easily 30 of us troopers running up a hill and one tanker, who also wanted up the hill, just drove straight up to the hill top running over easily 10 people. Totally blatant disregard. When I called him an "******" his reply was just "learn to get out of the way". I am sure none of those dead soldiers could see him coming FROM BEHIND. This was on Helios Indar map last night and the tanker's name was "Justicar" or something like that. This is a case where punishment is justified.

But there are also poorly designed maps that contribute to TKs. E.g., in some buildings vehicles spawn and there are terminals to be used by troopers. So you have tanks and troopers running in and out of the main exit. This only increases the chance of getting run over. If vehicle spawns were separated away from trooper spawns that would help reduce TKs.
  8. Deladin

The issue is if you try not to hit your teammate you both die. Many times some ******* just runs on front of me,even when I am a MAX and I have to check my fire, and the enemy just ends up killing us both because I cant shoot him, and the guy that ran in front of me is too busy sprinting into the building and can't bring his gun up fast enough.

So I just got to killing the ******* that run in front of me and then getting the kill. He is going to die either way for being stupid, I refuse to die because of him.

The issue with TK is not in battle so much, but when there is no reason for a TK to happen. Sony's piss poor design of some of the bases put vehicle pads FACING the roadways, and I have pull a flash before, and was stuck with no control over it as a sunderer. who had the right away as he was on the road, ran me over. You should not have to time when you pull a vehicle and play a game of frogger.

There is also the issue with aircraft having THE WORST FIELD OF VIEW in any game since the original Star Fox. The cockpit free look helps a little, but the fact you can not even see your wing tips (they seem to magically get put way back on your aircraft when you in cockpit view) is pathetic and lazy. The Galaxy is the worst. For something so damn big, you would think in the future they would have had a better way to see what the hell is around you. Outside view only shows so much, and anything above you is still pretty much invisible. The only safe way to take off an airpad is to switch between inside and outside view and use the freelook.
  9. Vedo

I cut a galaxy in half with a drop pod the other day.. too bad it was my own teams =( Found out a couple of days later that you can steer them -_-
  10. Sheena8500

What about your faction medics that kill you from behind and then instantly try to res you ? Do they get any befenits from doing this or it was just to be ******** ? That happened to me several times.