Teamkilling is out of control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Marko Box

You are all arguing (pointlesly) about accidental tk's or road kills, which althou are anoying, dont piss me off as much as someone deliberately blowing up my tank, sunderer or killing me so he can get the 100xp for reactor overload. Is there something in place to stop someone from constantly tk'ing for the heck of it (except shooting them which is temp sollution)?
  2. BadMannerKorea

Yeah, I haven't had my weapons locked yet, but if you **** with me I don't mind teamkilling you.

Like for real, get the **** off the vehicle pad, jesus. I'll run you over for just being an idiot. Oh and, if you come up to me and taunt me with voice commands, and facecheck me, I will teamkill you. OR, if you try and run me off the road on purpose with your tank, I will destroy you. If you're killing a sunderer with plenty of potential farm, I will kill you. If you're killing enemy vehicle pads that could be hacked by our infiltrators nearby, I will teamkill you.

I love the teamkill system. Why else would SOE allow such a system, if not to deal with your moronic teammates?
  3. sirinon

This +1

when will people learn not to stand infront of the vehicle pad, or if you see an allied armor column coming GET OFF THE ROAD !

as for friendly fire all you can do is be careful, last night I had one guy run right infront of my head height fire and another walk into a flying rocket of mine, *****.
  4. Warna Bayangan

OP put a turret in the doorway and got himself killed?:3
    Make friends \o/
    Seriously though...I love teamkill... it has a nice way of preventing chocked points from being very attractive...
    Encourages initiative to try to rush thru while others are busy trying not to shoot their friends *** :3
    I hope people don't realise too fast about how counter-productive it is to camp an entrance while attacking a base, cause it makes for really nice juicy grenade kills so far :)
  5. Ashur

The worst thing is how other people are able to TK you by ramming their tank under yours, forcing you to flip over and blow up while they leave unharmed.

It's even worse when people grief the spawning pads for vehicles by standing infront of them, so you spawn with the tank still in auto pilot for 5 seconds, ram the guy ahead, he pushes you back to the pad, next guy in line spawns his tank and you explode getting a nifty cooldown for your trouble, all while being unable to control the tank at all.
  6. m44v

I have been teamkilled quite a lot and for no apparent reason, I kinda wish weapon lock kicked in a lot more sooner than it is now.
  7. Chubzdoomer

Epic response.
  8. Maxi'sProteinPowder

I LOVE TEAM KILL! it gives you a massive rush and edge to this game! Hell i've been team killed heaps of times but ive dish out my fair share as well, i love it when i've jet packed on top of a building and find out there is a group of enemies and i lob a grenade and then i turn around and see my team rush the door and get wiped out as well "Shrug the shoulders, well at least i wiped out the enemies as well and im alive" cya's look for the next building to clear! :)
  9. Oddies

I've been shot by a load of ally medics that get pissed off that I "steal" revives and such. One of the fringe benefits of uping your medi tool so it is faster, even your own team mates hate you as well.
  10. Drevar

That's a huge issue with the way they designed the XP and cert system: even though you are supposed to be on the same side, your biggest competition is your own teammates rather than the enemy.

The rewards for a successful capture/defense need to be better than individualistic rewards of spamming a turret/mbt gun/rocket pod and blowing up 10 of your own guys along with the 2 enemies.

Maybe they need a counter that keeps track of total friendly kills in the area and deduct massive XP from the capture reward. Too many friendly kills and you get jack squat as a team.
  11. naizarak

you really don't see the griefing potential in that?

simpler solution: you TK, you lose certs
  12. Izekael

Kelstrum VS on jeager is a ****bag teamkiller. He likes teamkilling sundies and everyone around them
  13. Tevesh

Nerf teamkilling? You better be kidding. I am FORCED to do it to all of the useless cod/bf kiddie snipers - I mean, on those rare occasions when I actually manage to find them at all, cuz they are like 50 kilometers away from the front line doing nothing. That way there is at least a chance they will get ******** and leave, making room for actually useful players to enter.
  14. BradH

I'll be sure to look for you in-game. When I find you, I'll be sure to select sniper and put a few in your head. Dick!
  15. iGamer1990

oh great another thread that has COD in it what a surprise
  16. Talizzar

If we didn't have a scoreboard nobody would care about TK. Are you playing for fun or to show off your KD number to get a date?

S**T happens in war. There is no real penalty so get over it.
  17. Pivke

there was one time i was playing a combat medic (for the first time). we were standing behind some rocks and exchanging fire with the enemy group.
    one guy was being badly hit (shields depleted and only little health left) so he turns to me "Medic, Medic!" i was more than happy to be able to preform my role and get some points for my healing.
    but unfortunatly by mistake i pulled out my pistol instead of my healing gun and 1-shooted the poor guy before i realized i have the wrong gun out.
    i felt really bad :( and was thinking like "oops, ummm what i have just done?..." he was probably thinking some mayor W T F? too

the memory of this incident still haunts me... i keep comforting myself that maybe he didnt noticed that i killed him, it could be an enemy sniper or an airplane...
    anyways i wont be playing combat medic any time soon XD
  18. Limabean

Reflective damage on friendlies
  19. Phaze

I'd say about 25% of the people I TK are my fault... 25% are their fault... and the other 50% really nobody's fault... just bad luck - things happening faster than anyone could react.
  20. Flharfh

It's tough as a vehicle driver.

1) You instakill friendly infantry even if you only barely nudge them. This is needs to be way more forgiving. At very low speeds infantry should only be bumped out of the way, at low-medium speeds it should do partial damage but not kill.
    2) People stand in front of / on top of vehicle pads and get TKed by autopilot vehicle.
    3) As a driver I am responsible for driving, spotting targets, and aiming + firing, and dodging friendly infantry running helter skelter.
    4) People footzerg down the middle of or directly across roads without looking for passing vehicles.
    5) Due to lag and infantry render distance, I sometimes run over people a a split second after they have rendered on my screen.
    4) You get grief for running into EMPTY friendly vehicles that get left in driving paths.
    5) Worst of all you get grief for running over EMPTY engineer turrets. Objects that are resource free and a have a 2 sec cooldown. Ridiculous.
    6) NEVER use the back of a tank for cover. In first person (which you need to be in to shoot) it is impossible to see people behind you, there is no rear view mirror on a PS2 tank. If I'm taking damage my first instinct is to reverse behind cover, and while I switch to third person for better visability it still takes a second or two.