Teamkilling is out of control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Ace0

Not a surprise, but not like we did not have it in PS1.
    Few days ago i was following a zerg on a flash.
    Some gunner in a tank decided to just shoot me up for no good reason.
    No enemies near us, just point blank turned his turret at me and killed me.
  2. strychzilla

With your suggestion no one would ever overload a generator because they would lose 6+ credits every time. Just some scenarios that I have experienced that would further prove your suggestion is abysmal.

Spawned from a spawn beacon, 20 yards from impacting the ground a mosquito flys under my pod I crush it in half. Not only do I suicide, I also get a team kill because of it. -1 credit for something I had 0 control over.

Driving my mystery van to the next base. Two 4 wheelers, slam in the back quarter panel of my vehicle and suicide. I get a double team kill.

I fire a rocket at a tank that isn't even moving. The rocket goes through the tank and hits my team mate directly in his chest on the other side of the vehicle. I get a team kill.

Spawn vehicle and it rolls out automatically running over 2 people. 2 more team kills.

I have had so many instances of TKs that I had 0 control over it's not even funny. As the newer players weed out there will be less TKs.
  3. 0ReferenceException

/thread

:D

Back to topic: I'm against any further penalties for TKs.
  4. BadLlama

As much as it sucks to get run over you should drive a tank once in awhile and you'll see how hard it is to avoid running over teammates. Your FOV is horrible, you cannot stop or turn very sharply and because of lag and other network problems people will either render right in front of you and its to late to do anything or you will think you are driving by them but the game says you are driving over the,.
  5. Gabba202

They should just turn ff off seriously, it's impossible to navigate with this many players especially in a firefight where everyone is strafing and an ally magically strafes into the front of your gun.
  6. Tarrick

I've no problem with accidental TK, but I loathe BR1 characters that seem to be at at least half of the facilities that I go to who, usually around the vehicle terminals, run around and randomly kill a friendly once a minute or so. I can only assume they space it out to reduce grief accumulation and drawing attention to themselves.

I feel safer alone in an enemy facility than I do in a populated friendly facility. At least there I know who my enemies are and I can defend myself without consequence.
  7. CheeseN!P

The FF / TK system needs a re-looking at, I don't really even know if anything different could be done about it.
    Being on the murdering side of the trigger. harsher penalty's are not going to fix it. will just be the end of my engineer days because its down right un-avoidable in the turret.

You have to put it in a good defense spot, then when you do people go. "'oh **** look at that awesome spot!"' and their heads for some reason just keep popping off once they decided the area in between me and the enemy is where the gold is at.

and If I had a cert for every teammates skull that's lodge somewhere up under my sundy because they were to damn dumb to move, or not be afk in a road, Id have a more maneuverable sundy.

That and every flash rider driving straight at me deserves death.:rolleyes:
    Even if I could try to avoid it, they could try to avoid it faster. And when they don't, its a little bit of joy.
  8. Col. Stryke

Well, to be honest there is entirely too much going on ingame to even suggest penalites for TK's. I totally understand the issue, but I also understand the cause. It goes into something discussed in my gaming circle about the game. The 1st being there are simply too many mechanics/features in the game that will lead to unintentional TK's. Wheter its those on foot totally forgetting that they have a tank column (we have all seen the perspective zergs) coming down the road. Yet many on foot choose to stay in the middle of the road. Then theres are those who stand infront or run infront of a vehicle spawn pad, once my vehicle spaws I have no control until it stops. You have (and these one kills me) those who are trying to help....the great engineer guys who go out of their way to repair armor...only to be pancaked by the tank driver not seeing them or trying to use cover from incoming attacks. Then you have situations where one enemy is spotted and next thing you know you have 10+ folks cramped in the same corner trying to shoot the same guy/guys. I very rarely (yes it happens) but I very rarley see someone TKing someone else......just cause. Usually its one of the above game mechanics.

Which leaves many in my gaming circle to wonder about the point K/D ratios and friendly fire. Sure FF adds realism which I appreciate a developer trying to bring to the game. But in this game, its a little unrealistic to even suggest penalizing something that cannot be avoided due to game mechanics. Agree or not....this is just my opinion on the issue.
  9. Adventzero

Considering CoD is about twice as complicated and requires far more skill than this game, I find the term pretty funny as well.

Regarding the OP: I think friendly fire needs to stay on, but the penalties for it should be SEVERE. The second time in one hour that you blow up/run over a member of your faction, you should lose 5 certs. Third time and onward, 10 certs. Also, each time you kill someone, your hour timer resets.
  10. oddball570

I just cant stand the jackbag who throws a grenade in to a wall of defending friendlies for the offchance of hitting one of the enemies on the other side.
  11. WilsonMG

Honestly, they need to change it so that during the time while you're pulling a vehicle where you can't control it that TKs don't count against you. I run over a lot of people every night when I pull a tank near a frontline battle simply because people don't have any situational awareness and stand right in the launch path. Don't get anywhere near the front of the vehicle pads, they're deathtraps. As for the other roadkills I get, people really just need to learn to stay away from tanks. I can't count the number of times I've killed people who run right up to me. We're big, we probably can't see you, especially if we're in a fight, we need to move around too, and we always have the right of way because you're small and crunchy.

I was infantry in the USMC and I worked with and around M1's in Fallujah. You simply don't go near a MBT unless both the commander and driver know you're there (or rather the entire crew for that matter). You also don't want to be anywhere near one when it fires its main gun, it will blow your eardrums out like its cool. They do make great moving cover, but only when everyone's communicating and on the same page, and you still can't stand directly behind one because the heat from the exhaust is near unbearable. If you're not communicating with a tank, stay the f*** away from it, plain and simple.
    • Up x 1
  12. CheeseN!P

Im no hater of cod, but the comment made me cringe, and am sad to hear some one in the world, thinks that. its a fun game an all, but its fun because I don't have to try.

any who the TK system I doubt can be improved. you cant make it any less penalty, aside from not locking stuff like ammo boxes or health / repair guns.
  13. Apina

Servers are too crowded, thats why Ive suggested megaserver technology. First priority to fix. All it needs 20 tanks in base and someone is gonna die.
  14. CheeseN!P

Yeah but thats not very pratical.

If mega server goes down, thats alot of lost money for SOE. Dont put all your eggs in one basket.
  15. Adventzero

I agree with the launch pad. I think almost everyone has died once from that - you just learn not to stand there. But, drawing RL military experience and using it to rationalize behavior in a game is kinda meh. If you're pushing forward as a tank, expect infantry to be using you for cover. If you decide to suddenly throw it in reverse and crush 3 people who were advancing with you, you kinda deserve an idiot award.
    • Up x 1
  16. CronN

It's 10x easier to kill friendlies when driving a vehicle than enemies. Usually before the spawning is complete I've already killed 2 or 3 because I can't control my vehicle yet. Also when moving and they are moving next to me, they suddenly die while trying to run over enemies is impossible cause I just drive through them -.-

Not to mention friendlies walking in the line of fire when shooting.. Walking INTO your grenades etc...

yesterday I had some guy that showed as wounded on my map. I run towards him, try to heal him (suddenly he is full health, I think this is a bug, no healing done) and he fires his whole clip on me till I die....

This team killing by accident and on purpose is annoying the fkc out of me. I kill by accident while it's not even my fault and my weapons get locked and on the other hand I get killed by friendlies on purpose, not to mention the griefing of vehicles in the Warp Gate...
  17. maxkeiser

No, just no. We've been through this already. FF is required for a game like this, for a number of very good reasons. People just need to adapt - control your fire, stay out of heavy fire areas unless you are sure who/what is behind/near you etc.
    • Up x 1
  18. Adventzero

Sorry to spoil your nooner, but far, far more than just me thinks that. And I'm no hater of this game, but let's not get crazy... until you have logged hundreds of hours or paid for a ton of certs, there's very little complexity to this game. You have 1 gun, a sidearm and a gimmick. That's it. Go find someone to shoot and try not to get run over by your teammates.
  19. maxkeiser

complexity has nothing to do with unlocks. The complexity comes from the terrain, large area, use of combined arms, team coordination, tactics etc etc. All of these things are absent from CoD or BF3 for that matter.
    • Up x 1
  20. iwbs

There are so many BR1s that randomly shoot ally for no reason, they should have keep allies blocking the shots but turn FF damage off