Teamkillers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FieldMarshall, Jul 19, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

Anyone know if they actually do anything about people reported for teamkilling?
    I keep seeing the same people week after week going about their business.

Stupid thing to make a thread about i know, but its just so frustrating and makes me log off for the day not wanting to play anymore.
    Not sure if anyone feels the same way.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428031585356648145/killboard
  2. TheChris

TK´s should be Punished removing
    Example
    Kill = 100XP
    Teamkill = -100XP
    By 10 TK without killing an enemy get u banned for 30 minutes.

I saw alot of level 1-5 who throw TK-Nades in good protectet rooms to give the Enemy an advantage.
    Thats why i think a 30 Min Ban were a good way to stop them.
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

I still think they should have an auto-suspend system if your TK % goes above 15-20% of your last 50-100 kills.

That should give you enough for one "oh no!" moment where the you accidently hit a friendly with a sticky who then runs back into a packed spawn etc., but pick up the regular C4ers.
  4. n0pax

I can pretty much confirm they do nothing about tking now or back at launch.

When I originally played I quit the game because of an outfit mercilessly tking me for killstealing from them, DA was the outfit and SOE did nothing. I tried everything back then, help on the forums, e-mailing customer service, help from reddit, private messaging a GM in game who announced they were on the hunt for cheaters, but all I got was a generic response and they continued to tk me. It was actually a lot more gamebreaking than you would expect because this was back when many servers were ghost towns. I cannot recall if it was Soltech or Mattherson, but there would only be ~200 VS online at peak hours, so hunting me down was relatively easy to do. The sole reason it stopped (but not before my interest in ps2 was squashed) was because their leader stepped in.

After I returned I accidentally grazed a GOKU member with bullets while doing ADAD. I did not kill him and I immediately did a 180 and the automatic sorry. He waited a second and then tked me and the entire outfit (his platoon only? not sure which) hunted me down and tked me nonstop for days after that. The instigator played daily for multiple hours a day for a month or so after the incident. I was checking his PS2 player's page to see how long/what suspension he got but it appears my report was ignored.
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

sorry but the potential to abuse this and troll other people is very high and likely. jump in line-of-fire of someone you dont like and he repeatedly gets xp punishments and eventually the ban. that could be very frustrating to deal with.

unfortunately, there's no "best way" to stop teamkilling once and for all (unless they disable friendly fire). otherwise DGC would have implemented it long time ago. we are encouraged to report mass teamkillers of our own factions and that's the only thing we can do, help the devs ban these guys.

of course you can also go charles bronson style and take the revenge on teamkills into your own hands...
  6. FateJH

Half of the people are way too sensitive; the other half is way too insensitive.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

You can't stop all Griefing, but that doesn't mean there aren't better ways of limiting it (even if you look at the current grief system you're much more likely to get weapons-lock with your Spitfire turret hitting friendlys, but killing no one, than you are directly C4ing dozens of people to death).

The thing is they'd have to be pretty bonkers to do that (don't get me wrong, the internet has shown me there are plenty of those out there - like the guy that went completely absolutely bat**** crazy at me because my EQ1 toon sat down to regen hitpoints in front of him in a small, but well used regen spot), and it is much easier to avoid killing them if they did that than it is to avoid being Team Killed by them.
  8. Obscura

This is why GMs need to be hired to have at least one online 24/7 for every server to stop **** like this from going too far and quick bans for hackers.

But the current grief system is fine, I'd say keep it and add a popup 15 tutorial video on how to not charge in front of friendly fire for players below a certain level when they get say, 50-75% of the total grief points needed for a lock. Yesterday I was killed ALOT more than usual by VS and I TK'd more than usual too, but I noticed all of them were low BR or seemed new to the game. ( a few 30-40 and most below that)
  9. SamReye

Usually I just let the other player(s) get weapon lock. If my squad is on, though, we mess with them sometimes. It IS frustrating, but I don't know how much more DBG will do without harming players that accidentally TK. For instance I have accidentally acquired weapon lock before when my computer was running slowly. It would also mean I can't kill one of my friends back if he is annoying me on live server, which does happen with some of my trollier friends.

I feel your pain though. :(
  10. RadarX

Use the /report function and I can guarantee these are looked at.
    • Up x 1
  11. Crator

But I thought the grief system took care of this sort of thing.
  12. Taemien

Grief system is for legit players who get a little careless, it wakes them up.

Report is for the intentional TKs which are bannable.