Team killing Sundies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZeroVeroes, Mar 4, 2021.

1. ZeroVeroes

So I placed my stealth sundy what i considered to be a perfect spot at this amp station. Very well hidden, in between two control points. I thought it was a genius idea and the only way this was gonna be found was to follow the line of spawning players. Apparently the NC didn't appreciate not finding the sundy with their lightnings and vanguards that kept getting blown up by rockets and a nearby collusus. So one of them had to log onto a light assault, spawned on the deployed sundy location and used the light rocket launcher they have to blow it up as it wasn't insta destroyed.

I ran back as fast as i could but it was to late and i saw the one light assault with their anti vehicle weapon. Had the legendary title and a name that started with an S on Emerald i couldn't get a fast enough look at. Another team member killed her for team killing the sundy. But i was so pissed. Like i'm playing as NSO to help under populated teams and i gotta deal with this crap? Is this like a bannable offense or punishable offense? Cause this team killing sundy BS has to stop.
  2. 1john

The problem with large outfits like SKL is they have players playing for all three factions. If they don't like you or have someone that wants your AMS position, they will just call out on discord and have it removed. By Teamkilling it, or telling someone on the other side where it is. I really don't see any way to combat this. SKL teamkills my stuff daily. My mines, sunderer, magrider. It's like a mini-game within the game. It makes it more challenging. Just got to deal with the fact, people on your team are working for the other side. It shouldnt be that way but it is.
  3. JibbaJabba

Had a guy firing the turret from my cloaked sundy so I locked it.

He swtiched classes started laying mines and blowing it up. Some friendlies TK'd him. He spawns, TKs them, me, finishes the sundy as everyone gets him again.

It was irritating enough that I did the needful.

Shadowplay, snip! Sent to DBG.

Watched the guys stats... last time on: 20min before I got a reply on my DBG ticket. :p Bingo!
    Regular player with a 3 day gap in stats... priceless.
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

Nah. You don't HAVE to deal with it.

See post above.
    You put a ticket in and they are obliged to investigate to confirm. If they confirm they are obliged to dish out a vacation.
  5. 1john

And they just create a new alt and do it again.
  6. JibbaJabba

New account, sure.

Not new alt on same account.
  7. Terrince

Something that might help alittle bit, if they lock characters during an alert. That might stop the faction swapping to kill routers, sundy, or whatever but won't stop the call a friend on the other side.

(Wouldn't this issue apply to the code of conduct thingy?)
  8. JibbaJabba

Nah. Way too often I'll switch characters for whatever reason, usually to play with friends. The reasons always supersede an alert so I wouldn't want a restriction during that or any time really.
  9. NotsiMadz

that'll happen now and then ZeroVeroes, thankfully, in my experience, it's not that frequent.

To answer your questions :

It is a an offense, whether it's a bannable offense depends, but not usually. For example if you TK a sundy or 2 you'll probably get suspended for a few days, sometimes a warning only, but if you keep doing it then you'll end up getting banned.

I encourage you to report those players. Also, you might not be the only sundy they TK, and they may already have been reported, but even if it's the first time and the first report, it's worth doing, the mods treat this seriously.

However, there's nothing stopping them from going to another account with some low level character and doing it with that one. That said, they would have to not simply relog, but quit the game and launch it again (to change accounts) and that can often be enough time to dissuade people from doing it.

I mean a usual fight timer is 3 minutes, an average fight is a bit more, I don't think most players would have the time to change accounts. So most will probably use the same account with another (low level) character, but when you get sanctioned, it's the account that gets sanctioned, not the character, so most of the time your report will be worthwhile.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sgt-CodyX

If it ever happens again and it is an SKL member then please report name and pictures/videos on our discord and we will handle our own! This is NOT something we allow. For all others, report using daybreak website (upload proof too) actually does something when in game reporting I haven't seen do anything.

1john you were in SKL for 6 days. Not sure where you are getting your information from but it is massively incorrect. we do not run joint faction operations across discord as you described. Nor do we ever endorse, persuade, or encourage TK friendlies, vehicles, or equipment. You have been in my platoon because we were friends and you knew you could join discord (posted every time you logged in while part of outfit) and could report SKL members but none have been filed by you. Instead of false accusations, say something in our discord or report it on daybreak.
    • Up x 1
  11. RabidIBM

Use the /report function. You may not personally see the results, but they're there. It usually takes several people reporting before it will become priority, so make sure to encourage others to report this crap. Also, don't assume it was a relog, these people don't need in game motivation to do trollish things.
  12. FLHuk

If you're really, genuinely, to boiling point upset and innocent use shadowplay.

Make it really easy for a CS bod and open a ticket, they really do work, quickly.

/report is just lazy and pointless

/y Everyone report Jesus, he's hacking and walking on water!
  13. ZDarkShadowsZ

This is why I always record my games. I've caught a few people out because of it. People TK sunderers for all kinds of reasons. I've mostly had it where I've supposedly 'taken' somebody's space and they disliked it so tried to blow up my Sunderer to place their own. Or I've had it where somebody was bored and didn't want us to fight at X base anymore, so would try and blow up my Sunderer to purposely kill the fight.

Many years ago I had a teammate blow up my Sunderer because it was parked just outside of a tower, and theirs was inside the tower. So they decided to blow mine up just so they could deploy theirs. My Sunderer was shielded so they used all their nanites to destroy it. Nobody was around. I was next to my Sunderer, they didn't bother messaging me. While I no longer retaliate in such situations, I was more inclined to. I blew up their Sunderer, and them. Next thing I know, I had a stream of rage tells about how their Sunderer was in a superior position and there was 'no time and didn't know who the owner was'. Again, nobody was around, I was standing next to my Sunderer (I'm in a 2-man outfit so it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together based on tags). Nobody got to place their Sunderer, and frankly, it didn't matter because nobody attacked the base.

I don't condone retaliation like that, but if that sort of thing happens to you in future, make sure you're recording and send it off to customer support. Or at the very least, put it on YouTube and they can enjoy their free publicity.
    • Up x 1
  14. NotsiMadz

That's a legit reason to TK a sundy though. I've done that a million times....

Take your example, the guy has a sundy in the tower, yours is outdie.

1. He can't move his out the tower, he's stuck. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't move it. But you can move yours.

2. His sundy would have a million times better cover. Any tank driving around would destroy your sundy, but not his. So it's in the interest of everyone fighting at that base to have the most secure sundy possible, with the most cover. Including you ...

3. that no one attacked the base doesn't matter, it's a matter of principle. You could use the same argument to say you don't need a sundy at all, if "no one defended the base" so no one died, so who needs a sundy? See the flaw in reasoning?

____

There are many situations like this one in the game, not all involving team killing, but which all involve interacting with other players.

For example, I have a steal sundy on a hill. A player spawns there, pulls an anti air max, and starts shooting at any aircraft he can see.

"normally" you would explain to the guy, normally, you would ask him to move far away from the stealth sundy if he wanted to shoot at air cause if anything, he's going to attract that liberator over there, and its gona come with a couple ESDs, and it's gona shoot taht max, and spot and destroy the sundy at the same time.

But you just can't explain, I understand the guy who TK your sundy without explaining, cause even if sometimes explaining would work, most of the time, for whatever reason, it doesn't. So I drop a couple c4 next to the max, TK him, and go deploy my sundy somewhere else.

In the case of the sundy in the tower, I would normally ask in /re chat "plz move it". If the person asks why, I explain, if he doesn't, or if he ignores me, I TK his sundy.

It's standard practice, I mean people have been doing this since 8 years ago and frankly, as I said earlier, it's in the interest of you and your team mates. The guy with the sundy in the tower didn't TK your sundy out of spite, or arrogance, he was right, genuinly, that his sundy gave a better chance of surviving than yours..
  15. Liewec123

I'd probably agree but they should definately try asking in /reg to move the sundy first :)

I know one common spot is attacking howling pass from the tech plant direction,
    People always ditch a sundy outside of the tower there, and it is just soooo much better to deploy one inside
    • Up x 1
  16. ZDarkShadowsZ

As I said, this was many years ago (2014). It's also a story I have referenced in previous threads when people discuss TKing Sunderers because it's one that has stuck with me. I assure you I am quite well aware that parking the Sunderer inside the tower was a better spot. But since somehow my example clearly needs more context, I shall give it to you.

Back then no-deploy zones were much larger. I could not deploy within the tower because somebody else had parked their Sunderer a reasonable distance away, but the no-deploy zone covered the tower I had intended to deploy inside. Instead I was forced to park just outside of it.

Since I had exited my Sunderer to start setting up defences such as claymores and mines, obviously I was unaware that during the time I had parked up and left the vehicle, the other Sunderer had undeployed and left. Suddenly some guy starts pelting my Sunderer with C4 since it was shielded. I had no idea why and thought he was just griefing. It wasn't until I blew up their Sunderer and they sent me a plethora of rage tells did I realise that the original Sunderer had upped and left.

Had I asked who was the owner of the original Sunderer, perhaps things would have been different. Perhaps not. Perhaps had the other guy asked who was the owner of my Sunderer, maybe I'd have replied. Maybe I wouldn't have. He couldn't have known the full situation. He did what he thought was right. I did what I thought was right.

Once again, it was a very long time ago. It was a lesson learned and I have long since moved on from it.

I hope this clears the situation up for you.
    • Up x 1
  17. LodeTria

Defenders have jumppads all over the towers at howling pass tho, so even those towers are quite dangerous to deploy in.
  18. NotsiMadz

They are protected from land vehicles, and have good cover from air crafts, vehicles are usually the biggest threat to a deployed sundy.

Also, the jump pads can be used to go anywhere, not just the towers. So wherever your sundy is, they could use the jump pads to get close, even shoot it from the top of the tower.

In any case, we were discussing Team Killing a sundy that was deployed near a tower in which another sundy wanted to deploy. Any defendant who uses the jump pad to reach the sundy in the tower, would also reach the deployed sundy not in the tower.

So your argument is true, defendants can use the jump pads, however the sundy inside the tower is still (by far) the safest bet.
  19. feiting_shad0w

There's a positive reason to TK sundies.
    One, your team is doing a 3-way on an unwinnable fight and you'd win the alert if they'd just ****.

I quit caring about the other reasons the moment they started spawning us in Sanctuary. This is an FPS, and the Sanc isn't as useful as it was in PS1. If they want to make the game fun, maybe they should make the game fun like PS1 was instead of punish the players who are ticked they keep copying EA/Battlefield.

I play 'cause it's the best MMOFPS, but if PS1 was out there, there would be a good MMOFPS. Yes, I'm implying it's the "Best of passtimes". Though I'll probably quit soon. My addiction's what's keeping me here, not the fun of it. They took away all the strategy and deployables from PS1, and the bridge battles.

If you're gonna have lore but prevent certain factions from logging in, so force a balance... when lore should determine what faction you play... well you're not right in the head.

Don't mind me, I've been ticked at the designers for years. It's just starting to where i don't care if my thoughts reach my mouth.
    If I kill your sundie, blame the game designer. He'd rather punish you for wanting a game, than make a game you actually enjoy.

This post is aimed at the design team. Not you players.
  20. Liewec123

true, though i usually stick around and guard my sundy :)
    mini sky shield over the top of it, spitfire on top of tower and me with cloak and LMG :D
    the sundy usually survives everything except a major zerg :)