Taser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Apr 22, 2017.

1. No0T

VVE NEED THIS

VVe need this.
  2. FateJH

For what? build on this stub of an idea.
    • Up x 2
  3. Problem Officer

Minuscule damage but prevent retaliation, target is concussed+flashed while user holds the trigger.

Could be a great support weapon, maybe into tool secondary slot for Infil?
    Go Stalker and uncloak only to lock down a target for allies to shoot. Huge increase to teamwork.

~3s reload, 10m range, very quickly weapons lock if a friendly is tazed.

Victim breaks out of the effect quickly once released and the tazer user can't walk until releasing them.
    That keeps it a team effort, prevents the user from moving into melee range to solo.
    Possible to run with grenades and lock a target into the grenade's killzone, but that should be allowed for its limited supply and higher skill ceiling.
  4. LordKrelas

Ah, so basically you taze a target, and finish with a commissioner or main weapon? As why use a knife, a SMG or pistol will do it.
    Unlimited Conc effect, mixed with Infil EMP, the most annoying **** in the world.
    Team-work? Skill? My gods, you decloak, and the target is ****** without a prayer.
    Like, what part of teamwork is "Free Kill" since an infil decloaked?

aka, A tool that Removes all ability to act, with no cost to the user... that is what you just described.
    10 meters is no penalty or cost, when you can cloak; Let alone for a stalker cloaker.

Need an ally? Hell, you just described how to use it with a grenade.
    Not to mention, "Skill" isn't involved when your opponent has to kill a cloaked target before 10 meters or be rendered incapable of action, while being a sitting duck.

I place a land mine, and I can lock the first guy in the door-frame on top of it.
    I stand near a door, I lock the first guy there in place.
    A hand full of these buggers? Could stall an entire rival force, till their one shooter reloaded.
    Imagine a force of stalkers, just tazoring the entire firing line.

If that is teamwork, then launching a grenade into a room is teamwork.

Like, dear lord.
    Concussion grenades are annoying, add in 10-meter targeted version on a cloaked ****?
    Are you serious?
  5. Problem Officer

Sure would look that way if you didn't forget how to read.
    Wow A+ I totally didn't CROSS OUT a word because it RUINS everything.
    Re-read everything, especially the balance mechanic suggestions.
    Then, take a bottle of chill pills before you go nuclear over yourself jumping to so many conclusions so quickly.

WAIT you actually said this sh*t?
    Imagine a force of ANY meta item. It's not going to happen, because it doesn't.
    You're basically imagining a Lancer platoon but ignoring the fact that their Sundy will be C4 fairied.
    Please start all your responses with ideas to make them work, I know you're not lazy from your post length.
    Grenades would screw it up? Hell alright, make this thing unable to be used several seconds after a nade throw.
  6. LordKrelas

Well, I first glazed over it but left that part in: Since you wouldn't need to be the one firing the weapon.
    Not to mention, unless the effect ends instantly, you still gain a second or more on the target - Enough for a kill.

You wanted to defend the idea of a targeted concussion grenade that has no AOA to cause unintentional friendly-fire, no unpredictability of grenades, and be on the one class able to easily enter, and hide within 10 meters of a target.

Believe it or not, post length for me isn't related to me being lazy or not that day: I write a lot & fast.

So with less steam, from the long night:

A directed Concussion-effect at a target, from a cloaked operator, whom only needs to get 10 meters to the target.
    Land mines, allied fire, disruption, grenades, multiple-instances of use.
    It's not hard to imagine 6 of 12 people, going for stalker infil if they can literally be guaranteed to concussion blast their intended target & only their intended target, after all, rather than send in a unpredictable grenade, or that one hostile that got too close, you concussion blast only that single target - That's a hell of a trick.

Not even EMP can be used without a risk of friendlies in the blast radius.
    Concussion which restricts the ability to even move the damn camera... with a pin-point target available to cloaked shooters.
    Tactically, that's just too effective.
    Practically, that's handing the perfect disabling tool to the one class able to reliably engage at close-range.

Add in two stalkers, one who concussion blasts the target, while the one slashes.
    No target could survive, evade or similar, and the ally wouldn't be at risk of the blast - allowing it to be used in close-quarters in the middle of a frenzied CQC battle.

Or as I said before.
    Lock down a door way perfectly, given you can't effectively fire, escape or similar due to the effect.

And yes I did. Gotta think outside of the box
    I've seen , and done some wicked fun.
    I personally would send a wave of stalkers in, to silently creep over, and taz the enemy line right as we enter firing range - They all focus on us, the stalkers strike, and we gun the poor sods down.

Gets even worse if the concussion effect lasts at all beyond the time of firing.
    I'd use it to evade around the target, or unload an SMG mag into them, with any delay in the target.
  7. Problem Officer

Yeah those tactics would work, except... Why shouldn't they? Those situations assume completely superior planning and teamwork, awarding only a wipe of enemy forces in a small area, where they come back knowing full well that the majority of your force lacks firepower and is useless beyond the tazer's range.
    It wouldn't work on a MAX anyway (LOL IF), and with the Infils uncloaked they're dead.
    Can you work with the numbers though? What if the range was 2m? I'd rather use a power knife then, but wait that loses to Heavy...
    I don't actually want a tazer btw, just trying to salvage OP's post into friendly theorycrafting sessions. It's not a new suggestion.
  8. LordKrelas

The tactic of simply sitting cloaked with a buddy, with no downside? Generally shouldn't be a practical tactic for winning a fight.
    Like you said it was a tool, so they literally just lost Sensors not guns as well. - IE, no your force isn't lacking firepower.
    And hell, beyond the gun of the guy who killed them, the opponent has no idea what weaponry or implants the infil is using.

Since it's on a cloaked unit, and has the ability to literally lock down that target perfectly, I'd still use it.
    As the cloak off-sets the range, and the ability counters all interaction of the opponent, with no risk to friendlies.
    IE its only real downside is the range
    - Singular targeting is a severe advantage when all status effects are radial blasts with no FOF checks.

It's a Noot post. 90% of bat-**** crazy is still gonna be bat-**** crazy.
    I stopped trying to salvage his, when he demonstrated literally being bat-**** insane.
  9. BrbImAFK

There is this much stupid in this thread :

• Up x 2
  10. Problem Officer

Wow I can salvage my 1% effort idea in 10 seconds no matter how batsh*tcrazy you think it is.
    Make it a regular conc nade that's a single target projectile with low velocity, high drop?
    Can add something like it needs to be maintained for 1s before it even activates.
    There's just so much detail to work with, don't blame anyone else if you're too tired to have fun.
  11. LordKrelas

Well, you haven't read enough Noot posts apparently.

So literally Concussion grenades for Infils.
    The cloakers with EMPs.
    Easier to just not add a concussion weapon to infiltrators given the ease of abuse with it.
    - As again, if the effects last at all, then you don't need a buddy , and even then, concussion grenades are murderous.

I have fun nailing ESFs with archer rounds.
    I consider is sadistic to mix concussion grenades with EMPs, let alone cloaks - but I'd use the hell out of it.
  12. Problem Officer

Why does it need to be for Infils though? That's your suggestion, you've been pretty clear on that so far, whereas I've remained open. Use the word "maybe" and conjecture more if I'm misunderstanding, only trying to theorycraft here, not argue.

About Archer against ESF... Got any serious damage out of that? I haven't bought an Archer but that's only because I've never been notably damaged by one outside of a MAX.
  13. LordKrelas

Well, I'm tired.
    Heavies would have overshield to compensate for the vulnerability.
    Medics, self-healing.
    Engineers wouldn't likely be in position for it, unless setting them up for spitfire sacrifices.
    LA would be better off C-4ing.

yeah, shot ESFs down with it. - Has that lovely head-shot hit-marker each hit.
    Takes if I recall, 3-4 shots, but can be a severe ***** to land.

Also it 2-shots people with head-shots.
    It takes awhile but you can engage any vehicle with reliable archer fire across vast distances & do so quickly. - Even liberators
    Archers are beautiful, worth every cert.
    • Up x 1
  14. FieldMarshall

Elaborate
  15. No0T

Povverfull stopping povver no damage.

I vvas pretty much thinking on concussion grenade effect plus a shout from the victim... that last less time and releases the victim half sec after you let go the trigger or after 1.5 sec total charge.

And I vvas thinking of it as a sidevveapon to all characters.

It vvould be a very good resource to escape mostly.

The other idea vvould be a gun that violently pushes avvay the victim you dovvn for 1 sec again no damage... main purpose is to escape. Though this one is more expensive to program.

A side vveapon shots a dense BLACK FOG that spreads very quickly on impact but last only 3 sec in a moderated area vvould be nice. Like the black liquid from an octopus. These last tvvo could be tools but the taser should be a vveapon. The vveapon cold have a scope that suppresses the fog for the user.
  16. DIGGSAN0

In Planetside2 there is no need in taking hostages or handcuffing people.

You also would go for the Kill anyway.
  17. LordKrelas

Who in hell would 'escape' when they can just kill the threat straight up during the time they are affected?
    That brief period is enough to enable the lone user, to gain an advantage in damage dealt over the victim.
    Escape? Why escape, when you have the advantage needed to win?

Who in hell would use that to escape?

Black Fog,black out the target, use the scope & kill targets rapidly.
    This is the only one where you are honest about the use of it; To Kill with the advantage granted.
  18. No0T

Ok the idea is to stop not to get advantage killing vvith a long range vveapon, so if there has to be no time or lovver than .5 sec that is adjustable... you can add time needed to svvitch avvay from this vveapon in concept of retracting the nails... So in those .5 sec the aggressor can only move but not shoot or svving a punching knife.

VVe could also make it so it is use as scorpions hook bringing the target from as far as 15m to melle distance but you could give enough time of reaction to the enemy to try and avoid the punching knife. I dont like this one as much because its not to scape at all... but it could also be used to help a friendly. or climb...

Paralyzing somebody is annoying so maybe hooking them or pushing them avvay is a better vvay to add stopping povver escaping resources... Or the ability for the sidevveapon to game change it to melee distance from 15m...
  19. No0T

You my friend are afraid of the vveaker class... Because you probably never played one so you dont knovv their many disadvantages...
  20. LordKrelas

Any disabling of a target, allows the user to kill the target at an advantage.
    This is the principle concept for using any such device; We are in a game with the literal goal of killing each other 90%+ of the time.

Concussion grenades are used to breach a room, and kill everyone, not escape a room.
    EMPs are used to scramble a group, to easily kill everyone there, not escape.

You are in a war game.
    Anything that disables the target, is used in offensive tactics not evasive tactics first;
    We take no prisoners, we offer no mercy, only death.

Scorpion.
    To bring a target into melee range, whom for all possible situations isn't likely to be able to react unless facing you directly before you knife them down.
    And you know it.

You do realize Noot, that I am talking about how the disabling effect would be abused by the invisible infils.
    And how I myself would be using it to excess.
    Like I put it point blank at the end, that'd use the hell out of it.

I play infiltrator a lot.