TAR vs TRV - ADS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lord_Avatar, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Lord_Avatar

Just a simple question really; which one would you TR CMs recommend for ADS? I have a rather intimate relationship with the TAR, yet I lack any experience with the TRV.

Helpful advice and (un)biased opinions are most welcome. :)
  2. bPostal

I love me some TRV (2nd weapon of the two that I've auraxium'd). Functionally the only major difference between the two I see is that the TRV gets the 2x scope.
    I'm biased towards the TRV though since I got it for 'free' with alpha squad.
  3. CrimsonDaemon

Ill always be a little biased against the TAR, simply because it felt like they knocked down the TRV a peg just to make room for it. While you might find the TAR a little more versatile due to its already decent hipfire, I have found that while the hipfire on the TRV to be good enough to not really merit the laser. I personally use it with the foregrip and control the recoil enough where I can usually get long full auto busts on target at intermediate ranges, making it exceptionally more deadly than the TAR with proper handling.
  4. DevDevBooday

TRV is better but TAR has 0.75x ADS movement.

TRV all the way though. That gun is god with no equal.