Tank third person view-it 'feels' like the turret is always stabilized

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a4555in, Sep 29, 2013.

1. a4555in

First off, let me state that this is NOT a buff/nerf/change/balance thread. I simply want other players opinion on this.

I drive the lightning with the viper..got about 1.5k kills with it. When i started out, I always was annoyed about my aim being thrown off while going over little bumps on the road. After a few months, I started using only and only the third person view to shoot on the move. For some strange reason, i find doing it enormously easier than using the FPV. The thought to create this thread came to my head after reading a few threads about the reaver nosegun's convergenceo_O(dunno why)
    I am now quiet good at getting bodyshots on people while moving and using TPV.

TL:DR:
    Using TPV makes me 'feel' my turret is stabilized, and remains aimed at a point when moving over bumps.
    So is there anybody out there that does exactly this? Is it a sort of placebo effect? If you have the inclination, please perform some tests on this and let me know if its actually stabilized.
    P.S: I demand that you see the first two threads in my signature..liking them will help you. A LOT.
    • Up x 1
  2. Xale

In beta, it was common to use the Skyguard in 3rd person because it avoided the excessive screen shake and provided a stable platform.

And yes, 3pv the turret follows the camera which means you aren't subject to the rather excessive inertia of the turret or the effect of terrain.
  3. BengalTiger

Primary guns are stabilized (slaved to the motionless camera) when in 3rd person view. This comes at the cost of not having a reticule except when the gun is loading (the reload indicator shows up).
    This is kind of dull, because going easy mode with visibility also gives easy mode with aiming.

Secondary guns are always stabilized (both in 1st and 3rd person view), and in fact it's possible to have a high speed off road battle with a Harasser with the secondary being the main damage giver (even if the driver times his shots really well and fires on the small flat areas he or she drives across).
  4. Liewec123

i do the same with flash, if you stop to shoot with the flash you're dead,
    but shooting on the move in first person makes the camera far too shaky,
    i discovered the crosshair is right around where your characters head is in third person, and now i can own it up on the move!
    plus using fury means that even if you miss a direct hit you still get kills from splash :D

i did play around with lightning third person too, and found that the groove in the top of the turret felt like a cross hair of sorts :)
  5. Zoner

It is to a degree. If you are turning your tank it will shoot about 5 degrees off center in the direction you are turning, any other time it shoots at the center of your screen (which everyone who cares about accuracy when using iron sights in this game has already marked on their monitors).
  6. Van Dax

it is stabilized but does not always aim where you think, the most extreme example would be the lib: going third person the bullets go totally off the centre
    also remember that you still have to let your turret fully turn, it won't work well if you have really high sensitivity
    • Up x 1
  7. DashRendar

Completely unrelated to the thread, but I recently checked my flanks and twitch shotted a C4 engi who had gotten within throwing distance in the head with a Vanguard AP shell from 3rd person view. That is quite literally the definition of "hail mary." Got a friendly tell after that one ;)
    • Up x 1
  8. Sen7rygun

Sticky tape and whiteboard marker OP.

SOE nerf now!