[Suggestion] tank surfing

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Frosty The Pyro, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Frosty The Pyro

How cool would it be if maxes got magnetic clamps they could use to attach to the roof of a non-flash ground vehicle and ride along on top. Tank surfing is all sorts of entertaining, but currently there is no momentum transfer, so you can only surf a tank thats going at your walk speed.

If we added the clamps you could travel more easily with a convoy, not having to wait for the sundy to go from point to point but being able to catch a rid on just about any vehicle. The extra external weight could slightly reduce the top speed of the vehicle for a bit of balance (of course then you would need an option in the vehicle menu to not allow maxes to ride similar to the lock options). Maybe make it take the suit or ability slot (though if it was to take one of thsoe it would likely need some secondary effect)

But still how cool would that be, tank surfing at 60 kph from base to base.
  2. Xenedor

Vanguard with Dual Burster max on top ..... omg wtf OP OP OP !
  3. supahitecjetfyta

would be good even if they made it so you cant shoot whilst attached.
    walking in a MAX feels really slow.
  4. Jaggedmallard26

Sounds awesome, I would be happy if other classes could do this too although like said above a duel burster max on a MBT roof would make the Walker even more useless. Heck a regular default AV/AI max would render the Basilisk useless.
  5. Frosty The Pyro

eh not realy the basilisk has some great ranged acuracy, and wont get shot of your roof by 2 mags of Asault rifle fire. You could always give a surfing max a reduced feild of motion (its feat are attached after all, cant exactly turn around and look behind you). Though i dont think it would make much more difference compared to a max riding along inside a sundy and poping out when an enemy comes by.
  6. wowie

I think this could be rolled into something I was thinking of... articulated MAX hands (takes up a weapon slot):
    Can assist in base caps (I need my hand to press control console buttons, duh)
    Has a melee that is faster and/or stonger (epic backhand slap action, and/or sucker punches that devastate)
    Can carry a grenade, and throw it like a major league fastball pitch. (As fast as a rocket) [Uses same grenade pool as other infantry]
    Can latch onto the sides/top of a land vehicle (ANY land vehicle, so assisted MAXes could even ride flashes... and punch the driver off, if they somehow manage to grab an enemy flash as it zipped by... although they still wouldn't be able to drive it) [The idea here is not to nerf the vehicle carrying the max, but to nerf the max itself for gaining the ability to be carried and functional while riding on other vehicles]

Equipping two at once would allow:
    Bear hugs. Not cute hugs, but the kind that crush your ribcage instantly. That's it. Oh, and you can ride flashes without assistance. Require 3 "are you sure" confirmation boxes before purchase of both hands can be made.

I can imagine half a dozen friendly MAXes hanging off of the sides of a sunderer as it rolls into an AMP station as they storm the place.

Or a MAX hanging off of the back of a flash. Or an enemy MAX hanging on to a magrider as it boosted away, then jumping off and punching the driver to death when he retreats and exits to repair... and I'd probably be the guy on the receiving end.
  7. Canaris

I'll do you 1 better.... Magrider with a MAX on it..... ughhhhhh :confused:
  8. wowie

I'm half tempted to make a photoshop of that now...

Wake me up after my mind has a BSOD due to lack of sleep while playing this game/trolling this game's forums.;)
    • Up x 1
  9. Kingofthesky

get a galaxy with full gunners and a few burster maxes on top- a flying battle tank
  10. Regpuppy

Purely because seeing whole columns with people bolted onto their vehicles would be a huge immersion breaker and much too cheesy for me, I do not agree.