Tank Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Gammit, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Gammit

Just finished with testing the three empire's MBTs, but for full-disclosure, I typically play NC so attempting to drive/pilot the Magrider was a comedy of errors.

Before I get to feedback, was the gravity or physics/driving changed? Because I frequently drive Lightnings with Racer Chassis and it felt like I was ice skating today. I could do donuts easily and this did not feel the same as Live. Further, driving a MBT felt like a smoother ride than a Cadillac. This should not be.

Tank Changes
    • Tank primary turrets are now stabilized. (Their elevation will not move with chassis elevation changes, unless it hits the upper or lower constraint)
    This is fine with me but I would limit the stabilization to 10 degrees or less, otherwise you will be able to go from smooth ground to driving up a mountain without having to re-aim. That seems excessive.
    • Tank reverse speed and acceleration is now identical to the tanks forward speed and acceleration.
      • Combat Chassis no longer improves reverse speed
      • Racer Chassis applies to forward and reverse evenly
    This felt horrible. I don't mind if the reverse acceleration is the same, but to make the reverse top speed the same as the forward top speed felt comical. Further, by removing the extra reverse perk from the Combat Chassis and giving it to Racer Chassis, you have effectively made me never consider certing the Combat Chassis.

Instead, keep the improved reverse speed on Combat Chassis, and perhaps only adjust the reverse acceleration on the Racer Chassis.
    • Vanguard acceleration is being brought closer to the other tanks.
      • It is still the slowest tank; it was just too slow.
    I noticed it but didn't really care. The only thing I initially felt was old-man-grumpy that it had changed and thus felt different.
    • Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph. This brings it in line with the other MBT racer chassis.
    As long as they can still use the Magburner for an extra boost, this is fine.
    • Effective ranges of most anti-tank tank weaponry is being reduced.
      • Gravity on all primary cannon tank shells is being increased from 4 to 5
    I have less of an issue with this as I do with the speed of the projectiles. Whatever you decide, PLEASE make this MBT gravity value match the Lightning's gravity value. Tonight, it felt like I had to relearn how to aim every time I switched from a MBT to a lightning, and I missed (what feels like on Live) the consistency.
      • The 25 meter per second projectile speed scaling between tank cannons is being reduced to 15. High explosive tank rounds will also now have projectile speed change between factions.
        • Lightning / Magrider HE projectile speed is being reduced from 175 to 170
        • Prowler HE projectile speed is being increased from 175 to 185
        • Vanguard HE projectile speed is being increased from 175 to 200
        • Lightning / Magrider AP projectile speed is being reduced from 225 to 215
        • Prowler HEAT projectile speed is being reduced from 225 to 215
        • Prowler AP projectile speed is being reduced from 250 to 230
        • Vanguard HEAT projectile speed is being reduced from 250 to 230
        • Vanguard AP projectile speed is being reduced from 275 to 245
    I really didn't like it. It felt very artificial, like my shells were suddenly transported to a jello mold once they left the barrel. I can get behind the additional gravity because I have the range indicators on my HUD, but the speed decrease felt awful.
    Again, whatever you decide, please make the value match the lightning, for the same reason as stated above: consistency when switching between a MGT and a lightning.
      • Enforcer ML85
        • We’re bringing the range of this weapon down to better differentiate it from the Halberd. The Halberd has a range advantage, the Enforcer has a damage advantage.
        • Direct Hit damage increased from 500 to 550 (Tank version only)
        • No longer has acceleration mechanics
        • Projectile no longer accelerates up to 300 meters per second
        • Launch speed increased from 200 to 230
        • Gravity increased from 3.5 to 5
      • E540 Halberd
        • Gravity increased from 3 to 5
    Did not test

Hope this helps.
  2. FBVanu

Thank you for testing and posting. You confirmed our concerns.