Tank cannon auraxium?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pirbi, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Pirbi

So I thought I'd sit down and auraxium my lightning AP cannon and it says it already is. But it's not even over 1000 kills yet. So is it less kills for a tank weapon?
  2. _itg

A couple patches ago, they made vehicle kills count for medals and certain directives. However, they still aren't counted under the actual "kills" stat, which is why you can get an Auraxium with less than 1160 kills.
    • Up x 7
  3. Pouk3D

My AP Lightning got Auraxed on 770 kills due to this...
  4. steverogers

Because getting auraxium on the crutches wasn't easy enough :rolleyes:
  5. Bankrotas

Speak for yourself, I only have 3 vehicle auraxiums with about 2k hours of playtime out of 30 or so auraxiums in total.
  6. steverogers

Cool. Now let me see your character stat page as a proof.
  7. Bankrotas

8. steverogers

Isn't it weird how you get way higher kdr and somewhat higher kph (and when using vehicles you have to drive them around a while before you can even get some kills) on your vehicle weapons compared to infantry ones. Must mean it's harder :rolleyes:
  9. Xasapis

Your comment reminds me of all these people that never fly, but like to complain about how killing with aircraft is easy mode.
  10. Bankrotas

No not really, I didn't usually drive around searching for stuff to shoot since my vehicles are shot down quite fast, 5 minutes in big battle is most I get. It was bigger pain in the *** and more boring to auraxium vehicle weapons compared to infantry auraxiums.
    It took me a year to auraxium rocket pods alone when it took me half a year to get my first auraxium in the game.
  11. steverogers

Your comment reminds me of the people who never l2p and say that ground vehicles take any skill to use because it's hard for them to do.

Just saying. If the average kdr, acc, kph, and sph of vehicle weapons is several times higher than infantry ones, it surely is not because it's harder.
  12. taxidriver

What has the kdr of vehicles to do with kdr of infantry? I see vehicles as a "shell" with additional armor, if the the shell gets destroyed, bail out if you can and continue fighting. They also got big guns as u might know.
    If your vehicle kd is not way higher than your infantry kdr, maybe you`re doing it wrong or you`re barely using vehicles.
  13. BengalTiger

Because vehicles are about farming infantry.
    • Up x 1
  14. \m/SLAYER\m/

vehicle kill counts toward kills progress, but it doesn't counts on stat site
    • Up x 2
  15. Dhabu

...does this mean I can start punching tanks for my MAX punch auraxium?

/only half kidding
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

not sure about tanks, but flash... and you must avoid debris, because when you kill flash, it jumps in to your face :eek:
  17. Xasapis

Score per vehicle is generally higher, because it gets artificially inflated by the developers, if you choose to fight other vehicles. Going after infantry may help your advancing forces, but it's not as productive cert wise as going after enemy vehicles. Of course, if there are no enemy vehicles around, then all is left is suppressing infantry.

I think you look at it the wrong way. There are very few things in this game that one would consider hard. Most of them have to do with individual people having difficulty adjusting to certain play styles (like people having a hard time as infiltrators or not understanding how to fly etc.) There is nothing inherently difficult about grabbing a vehicle, fire a few shots and then blowing up, same as there is nothing difficult about doing exactly the same as infantry. The tougher part in both cases comes when
    • you strive to become better than the people around you and
    • you start winning encounters against equally skilled opponents.
    What I personally, and as a mostly infantry player, find unacceptable is the notion that anti-infantry vehicle weapons should be bad at their very job, because ... no reason besides people don't like dealing with them.

Not to mention that you personally started ranting about clutches in a thread about auraxium effort of an anti-vehicle weapon. Maybe you just didn't read a thing and you just commented regardless.
  18. uhlan

/rant

Farming infantry with tanks is absolutely easy mode.

Farming the vast brain-dead masses with my tank, with any gun, is as easy as clicking the button.

Farming tanks is easy mode considering most folks in this game play like they're stoned most of the time.

Infantry combat is artificially difficult... why?

Because of vehicle spam.

Add to this the huge differences in computer gear and connectivity and things can be distorted even further.

Being an inexperienced infantryman in the game is the most ridiculously frustrating experience I have ever had in ANY game.

It's no small wonder so many try the game and run away screaming.

Those that survive this "weeding out" process are players who instantly "get-it". That understand how the game works, understand that it's all about the farm and ways to position yourself for a nice long run.

Flying a Lib, being part of the lol-pod express or driving a mobile artillery barrage, er, tank, is the best way to do this. Interspersed with a little infantry combat so you don't feel too guilty.

And hey, maybe, if you're lucky, you might just find a tank battle worthy of that title and try your luck against some other like-minded folks.

That is, if your connection can stand it.

/rant

I wish things hadn't come to this :(
  19. Xasapis

You do realise this is a thread about auraxium an anti vehicle weapon, right?
  20. FateJH

Indeed. Weapons intended for anti-Vehicular purposes should have never been awarded Auraxium for Infantry kills, just Vehicular destruction.
    • Up x 2