Talk to me about the Blackscreen

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sustainedfire, May 19, 2015.

1. sustainedfire

I did not play for a day or two, and had work take me away for the longest day - I came back and my wife rearranged the house, and moved my computer.

I tried playing last night, and while playing, my screen would black out, with the exception of seeing friendly icons on top of the black. Hitting ESC and clicking on the profile and map tabs at the bottom would bring back the playing field.

It happened sporadically, so I was not sure what was going on with the game- I suspected something happened to my computer. As I stated, my wife moved my computer, so I asked her if anything happened when she moved it, if she dropped it or anything fell out- she said no.

I browsed online for a bit, and noticed that there was some sort of blackscreen issue going on with the game currently- does my description of the blacked out screen fit the bug that is circulating in the game?
  2. NinjaTurtle

Have you tried basic things like ensuring your GPU is seated correct and didn't come loose.

I suspect not otherwise you would likely get a BIOS error on boot, same with RAM and even if it didn't it would probably just crash the game or the entire system

Also maybe just check for dust etc. Since it only happened after your wife moved your system it seems more likely (though not guaranteed) that the problem is your end and not the game itself, drivers etc

In other words just tick off the obvious things
  3. Stigma

I very much doubt that what you are describing is a result of damage, so give the waifu a break.

This is some sort of rendering issue - I've seen the same myself earlie in the game's life. Try switching your viewmode from/to fullscreen or windowed fullscreen depending on what you are already using and experiencing issues with. Just alt-tabbing in and out of the game may also fix it.

If problem persists I'd recommend you make sure that viddeocard drivers are reasonably up-to-date.

-Stigma