T9 Carv-S... Other faction equivalents?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Syreptious, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Syreptious

I logged into a new TR character (i main Vanu) and i noticed that the TR HA has a VARIANT of the Carv... i didnt know there were variants of the starting LMGs. Does anyone know what the 'equivalent' of this is on the other factions? I know for a fact that Vanu doesn't have an Orion-S, i think the Orion variant is actually the Pulsar LSW, but does anyone know what they are for sure?
  2. Retief

There really aren't lmg -s weapons the way there are ar/carbine -s weapons. Carv/Carv-s is the closest you get -- lower rpm for more attachment options. VS has the flare and nc as the saw-s, which have a similar number of attachments, but are on a different tier of bullet damage from their faction's starter weapon. The pulsar lsw and the sva-88 have the damage model you'd expect from a -s weapon, but they don't have the attachment selection to really count as a -s weapon the way the carv-s does.
    • Up x 2
  3. Erendil

Retief (<3 Laumer's works) pretty much summed it up. You could make good arguments for either the Flare or SVA-88.

If I had to choose I'd say the SVA-88, if only because it's more similar in handling to the Orion than the Flare is. The SVA shares the Orion's .75x ADS movement (for now) and has the same Horizontal Recoil and Tolerance.