T7 Mini Chaingun...

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by AmericanEmpire, May 19, 2015.

1. AmericanEmpire

What was the point of this weapon? Horrid Accuracy, other games i play you can atleast spin up the barrel before firing. This game i have to wait like 3 seconds for it to reach its full firing speed, the only way you can do anything with it is with the mod, but then you can't have 200 rounds in it. It has no real benefit over the T9 carv. Its like they put it in the game as Eye candy.
  2. Ryo313

i use it quite often and get tons of kills with it ... the only downside i see with it is that you get way to used with it and your aim with other weapons is getting worse... srsly you don't need to aim with the MCG ( headshots aren't worth it and you miss more bullets so aim for the body)
    i use the spin up mod and with 100 bullets you can kill enough before reloading ( engi is your best friend on the battlefield and its a team game afterall xP)
    but yeah a mag boost or faster spin up time without the mod would be good.
    • Up x 1
  3. RedArmy

im pretty successful with it as well, but still pref the down range scoping of the MSWR. its good for quick hip fire w/o reloading, but a shotgun at the same range does better
    • Up x 2
  4. Khallixtus

Everyone seems to like it, I'm not the biggest fan of it, being a huge LMG fan, and always have been. But the fact is that it is different from other HA weapons, where you have to use the advantage of having an extra 700hp to really get it going. Also, it isnt made for soloing where you go up in multiple 1v1s, but instead it was made for massive fights where you could just keep it firing at maximum power. If you are trying to use it like a shotgun or LMG, you have it seriously wrong, and that is why it would seem bad to you. Otherwise it just might not be the gun for you.
  5. cobaltlightning

I personally like to use the Minigun as a suppression tool, or to assist as an Anti-Air weapon versus < Liberators. 50 bullets in a few seconds is enough to keep a squad in cover and not move or that ESF run away.

But even as stated by Master Wrel himself, the Ballistic Refire Trigger attachment will give a big boost to your kill potential at the risk of the rest of the weapon's downsides.
    • Up x 1
  6. xMaxdamage

The weapon just needs a mag boost For it stock/ex mags Version.

300/300 ex mag
    150/450 stock/laser/darklight
    100/300 bbrt as it is now.

It's a fun gun, but you really can't do suppression with the fastest firing 200 bullets LMG.
    • Up x 1
  7. johnway

The weapon is undeniably fun and has its uses as the high rate of fire will usually outgun most targets. But it does come with some problems.

Its not a quick reaction weapon even with the BBRT as shotguns, smgs or just standing at longer ranges is enough to screw you over. Its ideal environment is tight hallways and prefiring the weapon and Hoping you get the jump on enough of the enemy to survive.

If you're like me, sometimes you clean up, other times you get gunned down pretty quickly. The damage per shot isn't that high either so headshots and good accuracy would be more beneficial.
    • Up x 1
  8. xMaxdamage

The dps is far from what is on paper, the fixed CoF is slightly bigger than a human model even at 10 meters, making you miss shots even if perfectly aiming. And the headshot damage multiplier is 1.5x, where most weapons have 2x.

But it's ok, as long as you give the gun more ammo and fill its spray and pray suppression role. Right now there's nothing you can't do better with a carv.
  9. Leivve

The chain gun has the benefit of having a stagnate cof. So at closer ranges you don't need to ADS as you don't have to worry about bloom at all. giving you a huge advantage in CQB.

All guns preform better when you understand it's strengths and weakness, but the T7 requires you to understand them.
    • Up x 2
  10. KnightCole

Ive had guys firing this at me, they cant even hit me from inside capture rooms with enough consistency to say so.....its a sad weapon...
  11. Kulso

MCG > JH > LASH
    • Up x 5
  12. Leivve

Mow down, or get mowed down; there is no try.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ryo313

fixed it for you xP srsly have you even tried out the lasher?

MCG is strong at medium range
    Jackhammer is strong at close range

the lasher is unique and it deals splash dmg ( 75 at 1m but still xP) the fire rate is ok and bursting with it lets you hit argets at long range with ease. idk why you put it on the wrong place its by far the best one out of the 3 ES weapons.
  14. Kulso

The weapon lacks killing potential, that's why I put it on the bottom and rightfully so.
  15. Covah

T7 : Ugly skin, devastating weapon in good hands.
    • Up x 1
  16. Iosef Stalin

Id say that the lasher has its place in the game for suppression. in terms of typical use, for single-target combat, your statement is correct. However, these weapons are designed for a very specific situations and suppression. The lasher can be very effective for its purpose: suppressing positions and pushing enemies further behind their cover. The MCG, while it can be a support weapon for suppression, in a game where people arent really afraid of bullets whizzing by them, the encouragement of AOE damage is very effective for suppression. Not sure what the use of the Jackhammer really is, though.... it IS a shotgun, so i guess that works out.
  17. SupaFlea

The only thing you need remember is aim for centre chest since MCG deals considerably less HS bonus dmg compared to every other weapon think its only like 1.6x normal dmg but also missing more bullets, just resist your normal head tracking urge and your good. Owns in Biolabs and my usual is LA carbines :)
  18. Imp C Bravo

My TR alt runs the MCG. It's sub par (at best) for 1v1 fights. But in large battles nothing beats it. It deals better damage with more kill potential to groups of enemies than the lasher (which is designed for groups of enemies.) Excellent gun that requires you understand how it works -- and seriously rewards you when you do.
  19. Dualice

Learning to pre-fire does wonders for performance with the MCG. I've no problem winning 1v1s with it in close-quarters with this mindset and the BRRT (such a funny acronym).

That being said I'm sure the CARV or MSW is more effective at it overall. The MCG does have a very intimidating sound profile though, not to mention it's hella fun.
    • Up x 2
  20. Ryo313

and you don't really need to aim with it. ( tbh that is a pro and a con )
    i main the MCG for quite a while now and i like it but due the fact that you don't have to aim with it my aim got worse with other weapons.. i guess its time to get my dusty MSW-R out and use it for a while xD