T5 AMC vs. NS-11C

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by asdfPanda, Jan 1, 2014.

1. asdfPanda

As a TR light assault, longer ranged carbine choices basically boil down to these two weapons. I have no idea which one to go with. Both are 652@143, but they have minute differences. The cost effectiveness of the T5 is nice, as is the bullet velocity and mag size. However, the 0.75 ads speed multiplier and recoil pattern of the NS-11C feels good as well. The NS-11C also looks better, in my opinion. So, which one would you choose?
  2. cruczi

I find T5 AMC perfect. Compensator + adv. fore grip makes is uber stable and reliable. It's stupidly accurate in 4-5 rounds bursts, and works well at any range where an assault rifle would work, especially when you slap on HVA.

I haven't actually played with NS-11C though, only tried it in VR. Didn't find it anything special... I suppose one of its advantages is that enemies can't use the weapon's sound alone to determine what faction you are.
  3. Iridar51

NS-11C only real advantages - 0.75x ADS multiplier, increased moving accuracy and cross faction sound - cannot be measured in numbers, just like the ability to strafe (magrider) or having a gray camouflage (vanu again).
    These advantages are situational and can vary from life-saving to completely irrelevant.

Unlike T5 AMC's superior bullet velocity, or half the first shot multiplier compared to NS-11C.
    If you actually intend to use the weapon to shoot people, then T5 AMC all the way, to me it seems like a straight upgrade to NS-11C.
    Both of them aren't really a longer range carbine - there is no such a thing - more like a medium range precision weapon, which can be used competitively to score multiple headshots. Basically it boils down to T5 AMC having a longer effective range, and NS-11C having 20% better starting COF on the move, as well as access to SPA.
    • Up x 2
  4. P149U3

T5 hands down is better
  5. asdfPanda

Longer ranged than the Jaguar and Lynx, at least. I have issues with stopping and popping when I engage targets, and I adad strafe when I don't need to. However, it's more likely that I'll get the AMC because it's just so much cheaper.
  6. Kronic

I like to think of the NS-11C as a closer range oriented T5 AMC due to the 0.75 ADS movement multi and the better ADS handling without a foregrip (lower recoil angle). Generally I prefer the T5 AMC though as I prefer long range guns to be almost completely specialized for that role.
  7. Maljas23

Prefer NS-11C myself. AMC is great, but I find that the ADS multiplier and the lower CoF on the move helps me a lot more.
  8. FlamingSquirrel

For long range, I prefer T5 AMC after extensive testing in VR.
    Muzzle velocity is higher than almost all infiltrator sniper rifles (excluding the RAMS .50). That's quite a big factor.
    0.75 ADS speed is less effective at range, and the T5 AMC has far more predictable recoil. The NS goes haywire even in the first 5 rounds.

CQC is obvious, Jag is sick even after the nerf.