T5 AMC: Recommended attachments?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by NaySayer, Jun 27, 2013.

1. NaySayer

Hey all, I recently started using my T5 AMC since I got my auraxium for the trac5 and lynx. Currently I am using it with only ACS 4x scope and laser and loving it. Great for long and close range. I'm pretty sure adding the compensator will make a difference. Any recommendations on what else to add to make it a good all-rounder?
  2. Reskan

I wouldn't consider the AMC to be an all-rounder carbine, because it doesn't really work in close quarters to the same degree as it does for medium-long range. It isn't really good at hipfiring and it's rate of fire is much too slow, which is why it's better at medium-long range combat. If equipped correctly, you can basically outclass NC weapons at those ranges.

When I use my AMC, I use it knowing that I'll be outside or in a position far away from hostiles. I use 1x reflex, compensator, and advanced foregrip for those kinds of situations. Of course, if I feel like being a little stealthy, I just replace the compensator for a silencer and put high velocity ammo on. I prefer the 1x scope mostly because I like a bigger field of view, but you can use whatever works for you.
  3. FIN Faravid

If you wan`t all-rounder, use TRAC 5S, it is decent at CQ, very good at mid range, and good at range.
    AMC is range only. But why on earth you use laser? o_O It can be seen trough walls, and it does not help anything. Use fore grip, it reduces vertical=uncontrollable recoil.
  4. Moody One

Honestly a lot of people disregard the AMC because its "a long range weapon" - it isn't, no carbine really is.

The AMC has the exact same profile as a Trac 5 - same accuracy in hip and ADS - but trades -100 ROF for +80 m/s velocity and better attachments (and shorter reload - the lowest reload of a TR Carbine in fact).

Once upgraded with a compensator and advanced foregrip the recoil is tiny (even with HV ammo) and landing repeated head shots is dead simple - I have obliterated people with much higher ROF guns at short range simply because I can land more bullets.

As a mid range weapon it is unmatched due to its high round velocity (the highest of any carbine currently) and minimal recoil.

I wouldn't use a laser sight simply because doing so really doesn't improve anything and it can fit an advanced foregrip which is a far more attractive offer.

Generally I run with: Compensator, Advanced Foregrip, High Velocity Ammo, 1x Reflex.
  5. repairtool6

Great gun. It never 'gets bad' no matter what you put on it.

Only undisputed mandatory attachment on the t5 is HVA.
    Just use it no matter what.
    laser/forgrip/compensator/silencer can be added according to preference and experience.

I used it with laser+compensator (+HVA) for the longest time. Good setup.
    Now i mostly use forgrip (+HVA). Good setup.
  6. NaySayer

I usually turn the laser off, it's cool that it still works when you physically turn the laser off.

My only question about HVA is does it have somewhat reduced damage at closer ranges?
  7. FIN Faravid

There is bug that laser might still be seen by enemies when turned off, but allies cannot see it.
    No, it does not reduce damage.
  8. NaySayer

Ahhhh ok.
  9. Iridar51

Personally, I use 3.4x red dot reflex, advanced foregrip and compensator.

I advise against using HV ammo for these reasons.
    T5 AMC has already one of the highest bullet speeds in the game, 570 m/s.
    This would lead to 0.13 seconds travel time at 75 meters (I hope we all can agree that anything past that range is not a carbine target).
    Now, HV ammo increases this velocity by unknown amount and increases recoil.
    Let's say, HV ammo increases velocity by 20%, which is probably overboard, seeing how other attachments do so little.
    This will up bullet speed to 684 m/s, and lead to 0.11 seconds travel time.
    I think it's obvious that difference of 0.02 seconds (or 20 ms, actually comparable with internet delay) is negligible.

Why would you want to hinder yourself by increasing recoil in order to get better at what's already good?
    It's not like T5 AMC is a super long range sniper machine gun, it's a carbine, meant for medium range encounters of 30 to 50 meters, anything past that is wishful thinking or odd occasions.

Also, HV ammo increases minimum damage range to 75m from 65m.
    This, on rare occasion, can spare you a bullet. Which you will miss, thanks to increased recoil.
    I used to run with HV ammo myself, because I thought it was very cool, and I was this little sniper boy. But if you think about, HV ammo is really bad for you, and for sure is not needed on a gun like T5 AMC.Yes, compensator and grip compensate for increased recoil, but why do that when you can turn your bullet spread into a laser beam and shave with it?
    • Up x 3
  10. repairtool6

Agree totally with your assessment of the gun in general. Its not a 'sniper' its a medium/long-range DAKKA carbine. Too many people mix this up.

On HVA, i honestly just feel you downplay its strength and up-play its weakness. Thats fair, i just tend do the opposite ;p

Upsides

Better velocity:
    Base 570 is already super. Thats almost AR velocity.
    HVA velocity-buff is unknown. All we know, its simply better by some number/ %.
    Up and over TR assault-rifle velocity.
    Sum= Even if small, difference is noticable. Both in regards to leading and bulletdrop.
    Straight upgrade.

Better damage over range:
    Extends range before min-damage by aprox. 15%
    In my mind, this is straight upgrade since its helps somewhat with one of the guns weaknesses. Low/Medium damage at distance.
    On many occations, this will spare you a bullet.
    Sum=Straight upgrade.
    (Note: If you choose to go with silencer this aspect of HVA is even more important, trust me.)

Downsides

Somewhat heavier vertical recoil. Excact number also unknow, but it hardly matters.
    By default t5 have lowest recoil of all the TR carbines by a good margin. Adding HVA will admittendly increase it, but still not to the level of say the trac-5. Pretty easy.

Now on guns like the trac-5b i admitt, you struggle somewhat with HVA and its added recoil, but on T5? No, you get used to it and compensate accordingly so fast.
    Sum= Negible downgrade. Only comes into play at very long ranges where you should not shoot anyway.

Honestly im thinking it may be because you run with 3.4x scope you find the added recoil to be troublesome? Dont use those scopes myself, but heard people say its exaggerates the "percieved, effective recoil" or some such, making it somewhat harder to compensate? Im not sure.
  11. Iridar51

I don't wanna start a religious dispute, in both ways you're unlikely to notice any difference.
    Use whatever you want.
    • Up x 1