T5 AMC Placebo Buff

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghostloadout, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Ghostloadout

Recently I went on to my TR character and noticed that the new T5 AMC model looked really badass, (aside from that massive grip) When I started to use it after 3 months of despising it, I found myself with a K/D of 4.6 while using it with a laser sight, 1x reflex, suppressor, and HVA. This is definitely not the optimal way to use this weapon though, as it is a medium range domination machine, but is quite bad in CQB. I thought what could have made this weapon so amazing. Then it came to me, it felt like I was using an assault rifle, because it looks like an assault rifle. With most people saying ARs are their preferred weapons and how good they are, I discovered that this "placebo" effect is very powerful. I myself am kinda confused on how it works, but it does.

How about you guys, what is your experience with the new weapon models, do you like them or not?
  2. vaxx

They took the main body of the Blackjack and placed it on the T5. Same with the T-16 for the HA. Looks like another copy/paste job, that's all.

I have tried and tried to like the T5, I really want to. I just seem to do everything better than a T5 with just about any other TR carbine.

So, no, I don't like it. The model is not new, and I still don't care for the T5.
    • Up x 1
  3. TeknoBug

A couple months ago in a carbines thread discussion I said that the T5 AMC is a decent gun and many slammed me for saying the Jaguar or Lynx are better, now it's the other way around and the T5 AMC hasn't received any changes except for the reload times (GU8) and the skin.
  4. Kronic

The main reason I bought the T5 was because I saw the model change in the test server. I only really use it because of good it looks lol.
  5. repairtool6

Looks good, but its also one o
    Looks good but its also one of the very best carbines in the game. Stick with it and cert it up, you will not be sorry :)

It dosent hose down people, but rather pick them off (if you understand the difference).
    Insanely satisfying gun.
  6. Reskan

Want to know what AMC stands for? All Mighty Carbine. Yes, I swear by this gun for its mid-range specialty. The AMC is obscenely accurate at medium to long ranges once you've slapped the advanced foregrip and compensator on it. I can dominate with it in medium range, especially against the NC (though to be fair, the Connery NC couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat). The AMC trades off high rate of fire for steady, manageable recoil, high bullet velocity, and quick reload speed in order to consistently put bullets down range on target. Although, it's absolutely terrible at close quarters, but that is to be expected since it is designed solely for medium range combat.

I never even thought about using it until they buffed in in GU8, but now I use it exclusively on my Engineer when I'm in the field, or when I'm building hopping on my Light Assault. Of course, the new model does make me want to use it more often since it looks as good as it performs. The AMC is the only dedicated medium range carbine for the TR, but it does its job so well that it will not disappoint. I promise!
  7. Psykmoe

With an Advanced Grip and the fact that it has equal or better velocity than many TR assault rifles, of course the AMC can feel like an assault rifle ;) It has the highest bullet velocity of any carbine in the game, 55m/s better than the highest velocity on any VS carbine, and the NC only has the Razor that comes close at 560m/s. But the Razor doesn't get the advanced grip.

But yeah, the new models for the AMC and the T16/T32 are really cool and make me want to play my TR alt more.
  8. RedCabbage

I used this gun on my TR alt even before the skin changes, and it is a GREAT gun. Even my vanilla version is soooo controllable, i imagine it would be awesome with compensator + foregrip. DEFINITELY worth getting.
  9. S0LAR15

Still aint a Pulsar C TR scum lol. I can't bring myself to even bother with marksman work on my TR LA. The Merc and the Pulsar are so good for it, even the solstice is good with its lower moving ADS CoF.
  10. Ghoest

Comparators were improved also in GU8. I and i think most people use a compensator on it.
    I feeling is that post Gu8 its more manageable in mid - middle long range.
  11. Slywether

I came back to the game a week or so ago, and jumped on my LA with AMC. It is now a laser pointer with anything 3.4 and below. LOVE IT!!!! Though I have dropped my LA for engi 99% of the time, and use Trac-5 S for the nade launcher. When I do LA, its so much fun with a 3.4x blasting anything not moving in a burst. The gun now feels like what I wanted it to be months ago. Given when I LA, i tend to get into a peculiar place and mid-long snipe.
  12. commandoFi

I dropped the AMC a while ago, but I might pick it up again for its new good looks and praises. Maybe I'll cert it up more and get some medals.
  13. Hypest

In my opinion the T5 AMC is pretty much the same as the NS carbine. If i had to choose i would go with the 11C, but the T5 is so much cheaper and the differences are minimal. However i don't like the "new" Armistice/Hailstorm-esque design.
  14. Unclematos7

Personally I like it more than the trac for it's controllability and less excess shots. You don't even need the compensator for it just take the 2X scope and the laser sight.