T1B tips. What attachments and any notes about the weapon?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Makora, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Makora

I just finished with the TRV and turned to the next weapon in my Auraxium lineup, the T1B. I was always dreading this day. I have gotten a few kills with it, I have tried it out in the VR. But now things have gotten serious. it's going to be my standard issue for the next 1150 kills.

I come to you, forumsiders, for advice. A desperate measure, if there ever was one.

So far, I see the best way to play with this gun is to keep it mid-range. 50m or so, no closer and no further. With a 2x sight and the foregrip. I have toyed with the idea of 1x and laser sight, but I'd rather go for the cookiecutter right now. I vaguely remember the tooth-grinding rage of using the SABR in close combat and I assume this will not be any different. If even worse.

What are your suggestions? Your experiences with this particular weapon?

PS: No, I don't need it for the directive. I already have the Unity. Meaning besides the T1B I also have that and the TORQ to auraxium for completeness sake. And the NS-11P. But we don't talk about that one.
  2. DevDevBooday

Yeah 2x reflex and forward grip are the way to go, in the end I actually enjoyed the T1B more than the standard T1. More accurate, more bullets etc. I liked it more than the SABR actually. Its not too bad in CQC either due to the fact you can just basically go full auto anyway. Its a nice gun and imo quite underrated.
    I did it for the Auraxian as well.
  3. Dudeman325420

One tip I can offer: For long range fights, use your fire select switch. With most ARs, you can just tap out single shots when set to full-auto, so most players don't even think about switching to semi-auto. With Burst weapons, a single tap on burst-fire launches the full burst, so switching to semi-auto is a must for those long range shots when a burst would only land the first round on target anyway.
  4. eVidra

The penalty-effect of the flash suppressor is negligible on this gun so feel free to equip it. Ammunition-wise I would advise against loading HVA because with the high first-shot-multiplier (2.5x recoil), landing all 3 shots is difficult already (and HVA makes it even more jumpy).
  5. cruczi

Burst rifles have by far the best stand/move ADS COF. Take advantage of that. You'll practically never want to not move while firing, because the accuracy while firing is so good (0.15 versus 0.30). It will excel in AD-AD duels and remain very accurate on the move versus any target. Duels typically take place much closer than 50 meters, so the optimal range of this weapon is somewhere around 20-40 meters, or whatever the range is that's far enough that (1) other weapons start to suffer from the higher move COF and have to compensate for bloom by bursting, but close enough that (2) the person you're firing at is likely to be firing back at you.

For attachments, I'd pick 2x reflex, no barrel or flash suppressor at night, and forward grip. Horizontal recoil is already fairly low at 0.17, but you'll want it to maximize your accuracy in the weapon's optimal range (i.e. emphasize the weapon's strengths). I wouldn't use HVA because a burst rifle is harder to compensate vertical recoil for, and it doesn't have access to a compensator either. Velocity is already fine at 580 m/s, and since the T1B only drops one damage tier at 10 meters, HVA will not have any effect on TTK versus a 1000 hp target.

The penalty is the same as on other weapons, 20% higher bloom per shot. Without it, you can fire at maximum ROF at a longer distance / for a longer period of time.
  6. eVidra

Yeah, Mr.cruczi is right - What I wanted to point out is when you're firing at longer distances and have a little pause between the bursts, the cone-of-fire resets so often that the bloom increase (caused by the flash-supp.) may not be as noticeable.
  7. Nakar

Another reason to use a Grip on burst variants: The way hipfire and burst firing modes tend to work, the COF is constantly fighting against itself, particularly when you're below the theoretical maximum ROF of the weapon (and on the T1B that's very likely, as it has a fairly high fire rate in spite of the 3 round burst). If you run around without a Laser hipfire-spamming it, you'll notice it remains surprisingly on-target despite having a larger baseline COF. The same is basically true of the SABR-13.

Also Grips lower horizontal tolerance by a fixed amount, and burst variants have lower tolerance to begin with. Might as well emphasize that massive advantage, since the relative benefit of the Grip is better when tolerance is lower to start with (the T1 goes from 0.5 to 0.45, a 10% boost, but the T1B goes from 0.4 to 0.35, a 12.5% boost).
  8. task_master

As long as it's basically just the trac5burst for medic, with better dropoff:

Put a forward grip and 2x on it, HVA is optional. I would stay far away from barrel attachments because they just don't help a whole lot here, even the compensator isn't necessary really. Use your ridiculous accuracy and gigantic magazine to dominate midrange. Treat the t1b as a more accurate, bigger magazine t1 (i.e. a straight upgrade).