T16 w advanced foregrip vs T32 w forward grip recoil

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FIN Faravid, Apr 27, 2019.

1. FIN Faravid

Which weapon has lower (aimed down sights) recoil with best possible foregrip and flash supressor? I notice that T32 bull has little bit lower ads recoil but it does not have access to advanced foregrip - does advanced foregrip give T16 Rhino same or better ads recoil?

Thank you in advance
  2. AlcyoneSerene

Recoil wise you can see the stats:
    - T32 Bull 2x first shot multiplier, 0.3 vertical recoil, I multiply these together for 0.6x first shot 'kick' so on every trigger pull that's how much a gun shoots upward, while on sustained fire it would stay at 0.3
    - T16 Rhino, 1.5x first shot multiplier, 0.3 vertical recoil, 0.45x first shot kick

So the Rhino should have less vertical recoil on initial firing, but the same sustained vertical recoil, however, Rhino has no compensator option (-15% vertical recoil, generally) but the bull does. With compensator, my math for the Bull says 0.255, which results in 0.51x first shot kick, so the Bull would be easier to do sustained fire while for burst firing it would be the Rhino.

If you want the more accurate of the two, it will be the Bull despite that 'advanced forward grip' on the Rhino, which instead caters to sustained fire with its larger default magazine and extended magazine option. The Bull also has the higher damage tier (125 vs 112), while the Rhino extends its 143 damage profile out to 20m (vs bull with SPA out to 15m) more suitable for closer-range engagements, and a tiny increase in rate of fire by 7 but much longer reloads and only HVA option.

The Bull is really close to the NS-15, except it doesn't have angular recoil, and has slightly higher rate of fire, projectile velocity, and magazine size. I opted to auraxium the NS15 a second time on TR since it is so good, so do not own the Bull, but may unlock the weapon some time soon.
    • Up x 1
  3. FIN Faravid

Thank you for your reply!