T16 vs TMG-50

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by wtf24, Dec 5, 2012.

1. KnightCole

Lol, that spreadsheet pretty much is all the proof I need. Sure, it doesnt have worse recoil then the NC6, but the 200-167dmg MORE then makes up for the .55recoil. Also, the NC6 has a better CoF, as your post shows.

CARV? It has BARELY less recoil per shot, fires faster, yet it misses ALOT more because it has a worse CoF, a bigger reticule to being with and its damage is 143-127 at a shorter range, 65m vs the NC6's 85m.

I cant really see how this is even a comparison, the NC6 is better then the CARV..all the numbers add up to make the NC6 better.

NC6 gets recoil decrease of 13vs the CARV 12.

NC6 gets 1.65 multiplier vs the CARV's 2
  2. wabbitseason

Your ignorance of basic math is astounding. So astounding, in fact, that I'm convinced it's an act and that you have some sort of other motive.
  3. KnightCole

IDC what that spreadsheet shows. I can look at my screen when im playing and tell the difference between the guns. The results I am getting speak for themselves.

Prior to this nerf, the CARV I could hold the mouse down and get off about 15 rounds before the spread went all to ****, plus the recoil was ALOT more manageable. Now, the CARV and T16 are all over the place after only like 3 rounds.

NC6, its reticule is alot smaller to begin with, its alot more accurate and doesnt spread half as quickly as the CARV or T16. Recoil is worse, but damage makes up for that deficiency.

I have a NC dude with a mostly stock NC6, 2.8KD, my CARV, at his best was like 2.6KD....now its averaging out at about 2.5, at times it even goes lower then that, prior to the nerf, I almost never had below like a 3-4KD during any 1 session that was played for more then an hour.

The OTM accuracy of the NC6 is better, but the slower RoF gets it killed. CARV and T16, they cant hit a wall OTM anymore...before they could do so with resonable amounts of success.
  4. Sixpack

Well, ignoring the multiplier:

"Recoil per Minute"
    Carv: 0.4x750 = 300
    NC6 Saw: 0.55x500 = 275

Conclusion = The Carv has a higher recoil than the Saw under continuous fire (ignoring the magazine capacity for now). The Carv is superior in smaller bursts or single shot but will do less damage.
    When going by magazine size the NC6 would have a higher total recoil but would also have a higher total damage output.

Mind you, this is a lazy *** comparison and would need some proper work before any kind of true conclusion can be reached.
    • Up x 1
  5. wabbitseason

This was the post I was referring to. Note the deliberate confusion of DAMAGE and DPS. The obvious implication of this post is that NC LMGs do more DPS than TR LMGs, which is just flat wrong. Note massive exaggerations like "T16 has a lot of recoil and no damage". In fact, the T16 has extremely low recoil/min (.3*652)=196, and 1553 DPS. The NC6 SAW which this poster incessantly whines about? 1666 DPS. The T9 CARV? 1787 DPS.
  6. KnightCole

Ok, so, the CARV has a higher DPS? Who cares, DPS, DPM, all those numbers mean squat in actual game play. THe NC6 kills people quicker and with considerably less rounds, therefore, you dont need DPS to win with it. CARV relies on its DPS, which has been hampered with the horrid increase to recoil and the increase to CoF Bloom.

NC6 is fine as is, it needs no buffs or nerfs.

TR LMGs, they need to be buffed so that they can take full advantage of their DPS Advantage, which seems to be the TR's sole advantage. They do less damage per shot then NC, but HAD superior fire control, less recoil and alot more RoF which would get them to win. TR Also need better Hip Fire accuracy, that to has been nerfed to **** in this last update....All in all, nothing good came from update 1....now the NC just face **** TR dudes and even VS eat TR Alive because VS share similar damage and RoF values, but the VS have little to no recoil and bullet spread.

These nerfs removed that strength. I find myself trying to do the TR Shell Spray and I see my rounds flying all over the place within 5 rounds.....

Return the TR to how they were before update 1........or atleast more in that direction...
  7. wabbitseason

Higher DPS means killing people quicker. So no, the NC6 does not kill people quicker, it kills people slower.

The CARV has had a minor increase to horizontal recoil (.2-->.225), and no change to vertical recoil. Everything else, including CoF bloom, is completely untouched. Where are you getting this level of complete misinformation?
  8. Kyutaru

DPS is not the one and only measure of killing speed in the game. You're ignoring accuracy.

The CARV is only the higher DPS weapon if every single bullet hits. The Gauss SAW has a much better chance of having every bullet hit due to the NC faction's natural burst fire accuracy. The first bullet deviation and standing fire precision are spot on laser-like, and the slow rate of fire only helps the SAW maintain its precision. Despite having higher recoil and bloom, it retains superior accuracy for the first handful of bullets because it's initially more accurate and fires slower. Damage falloff is another measure of killing power, as the Gauss SAW begins with 200 and falls to a minimum of 167 while the CARV begins at 143 and falls to a minimum of 125. The Gauss SAW also doesn't drop to minimum bullet damage for 20 meters longer than the CARV. So not only will it retain bullet potency that surpasses even the CARV's normal damage and range, it will still have that laserlike accuracy for burstfire. At any ranges beyond point blank where fullauto becomes a hinderance to killing speed, the Gauss SAW pulls ahead of the CARV. That's the problem with reading spreadsheets versus actually testing weapons in the game. Experiments can reveal bits of data you failed to notice.

What Knight stated was that the Gauss SAW kills faster. He didn't say it had more DPS. Killing faster is a combination of bullets actually hitting, the rate at which they hit, and they damage they deal. It's not strictly a DPS calculation. Check around these forums, a good Gauss user only expends 5 bullets to drop someone because of the tight bullet spread. CARV users will usually drop 10-15 bullets, and they certainly don't fire twice or triple the speed. If you have good aim, the Gauss SAW will perform better for you than the CARV will. Even in close range the Gauss SAW can surpass the CARV by aiming for the head. Those 200 damage headshots with a tight bullet spread and zero deviation destroy people much faster than a CARV can attempt. Even if the CARV tried to go for headshots, it needs more of them than the SAW to kill people, and the longer it fires the less accurate it gets.

You can prove anything with facts and math. That's why firsthand experience trumps either. People are trashing their Orions for something that kills faster, even though the Orion has the highest DPS. Headshots, accuracy, burstfire, depending on how you are calculating your answer, any gun can be made to look the best. What Knight and supposedly other CARV users are noticing is that the stats on weapons were tiny to begin with... tiny tiny TINY adjustments have large effects on gameplay, especially when it deals with horizontal recoil as that will heavily determine the gun's effectiveness at mid-long ranges. People say tiny nerf this, tiny nerf that, yet look at how much hatred the CARV has received over having 6% more DPS than the Gauss SAW. That's all it was, a 6% difference. Now the horizontal recoil has been modified by 13% and people are noticing the effect just as the Orion and Gauss SAW users noticed how "overpowered" the CARV was. Tiny differences have a huge impact on the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. wabbitseason

Your post makes good points. I'd like to point out that the SAW is terrible on the move, and that everything you've said only applies to standing fire. Standing fire, in my experience, makes you a huge target.
  10. KnightCole

Ahh, so you only believe what the devs tell you? More then just recoil changed. Clearly you didnt play with it before it got nerfed. Its worse now, no doubt.

THe NC6 has lower DPS, but CONSIDERABLY higher damage, therefore, it kills faster because it needs less rounds.
  11. KnightCole

Well, if you wanna get into On the Move accuracy, the CARV and T16 are worse then the NC6. I have now used both for a fair bit of time. 2 days or so with strictly the NC6, about 4 hours at a shot. Then ive used the T16 and CARV alot as well....
  12. KnightCole

Mmhmm, well, I unlocked the TMG50 with the x2 scope. So far, im getting seriously mixed feelings about this gun to. It has higher damage, but the ROF seems to kill it. THe accuracy is alright and the recoil seems about the same as the T16. Its kinda neat that it has 2 shot fire mode....

I wonder if I should get the Laser or hand grip for it....
  13. KnightCole

FFS, the goddamn TR BLOW now..the NC just walk the **** all up and down the TR *****......

TMG50, it adds to goddamn slow in addition to to much recoil, horrid bullet spread and poor damage......and dont go saying it has 167-143dmg...because the slow *** goddamn useless RoF makes it worthless....the TR SUCK.......the delete character button is looking rather appealing at this point in time...

TMG50 is just as bad as the rest of the TR LMGs........none of them are any good now......Update 1, WTF was that? Update 2 better fix this **** or I will just call it quits. Its pretty clear the game devs have a serious hardon for the NC faction......they are OP, and im sure htey will stay that way...
  14. Kyutaru

TMG50 is a sniping weapon. Don't use it in close combat, and don't use it against the NC because they have a better sniping weapon.

Again, if you can aim worth a damn and have good firing discipline, the NC is the better faction for you. TR faction is actually a HANDICAP to skilled players because no matter how good you are, you can't improve the gun itself.
  15. KnightCole

TR Dont have a good all around weapon. The guns either get you *** rolled in close, or *** rolled from range....

TMG50, it is questionable at distance, as it has ALOT of recoil and it takes a ton of rounds to kill people in this game

T16, it just sucks period

CARV is good in close, but worthless at range.

I havent tried CARVS, MSW or T32 for any length of time.

T32 seems like a good weapon in close and out to mid field.

TR would be perfect if they decreased the recoil on their guns back to what they were before this last update. Also, give them a longer time before thier CoF blooms out ot useless. Besides, TR rely on that, so let them play to the strength. Low damage, high initial accuracy, good RoF, low recoil...kinda like a spin off of the VS, which is pretty much what hte TR are.

How often does SoE do updates? 1 a month like WoT?
  16. KnightCole

Ok, so, another day with the TMG50. It SUCKS.......sure, it does more damage, but it still takes forever to kill people. Itd be a good gun if it fired 620RpM, not 577........It needs less recoil, along with all the TR guns.....the only reason the TMG50 wins is when the guy doesnt fire back or the TMG50 hits with like 15 rounds prior to being fired at......