T16 vs TMG-50

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by wtf24, Dec 5, 2012.

1. KnightCole

I noticed the T9 has considerably more left and right recoil, while the T16, with both grips has next to none. So, after I get my 156kills and 100 certs for the badge, I will have to use the T16 more...seems like its more accurate, now I know why....lol.
  2. KnightCole

Hmm, well, I have finally used the T16. COmpared to the CARV it has alot less recoil, but the damage seems.....sad?...alot lower then the CARV.......but it seems better.

Oh, and any reason why I would get 200 Certs for getting the Auraxium Medal on my CARV? Was that Medal worth 100 certs? I loved the 200 certs, now im at 406...lol.
  3. TheBloodEagle

The max & min damage is the same but you're probably just noticing that the T16 has a much lower ROF than the CARV. 750 vs 652 rpm. But that's probably making it easier to handle too.

I'm still not sure what gun to use now. CARV-S seems a bit off now. When you see the TMG-50's 167 max damage, you' get excited by it but we have to remember our advantage is ROF. That 167 still doesn't really go toe-to-toe with the NC weapons when they're good on target.
  4. KnightCole

Ok, so the NC need 5 or 6 rounds to kill me, while I need 16-23 rounds to kill them, seems legit lol.

And the NC are UP how!? lolz.
  5. Mafarett

the new gun T32 Bull seems like it should be even more accurate than the T16, both in long range with the same recoil and lower first shot recoil, and it has smaller hip fire when someone runs in your face.
    The TMG-50 has greater recoil than the Bull, but still has a better ADS CoF for the first 6 shots or so making to good for long range sniping, unfortunately it doesn't do as well close range as the Bull, but still has higher DPS.
  6. mindtruckin

I got 200 certs for that medal on my TRAC-5 too even though you're only supposed to get 100. Must be a bug. Let's not report it.
  7. KnightCole

RoF advantage means nothing when half the rounds miss anyway...NC need 5 rounds to kill us and the VS dont miss....
  8. DerpyHooves

im saving for a t-16 already have certs ready for 3 attachments. I got the tmg-50 from alpha squad and have it fully upgraded and love it. However I do find the tmg-50 to be lacking in cqc fights.
  9. Grober

Im using TMG-50 with fowardgrip and 3 diffrent scopes 2x , 3.4x , and 6x and i love it!
    its ready good in mid combat and in same time its doing realy good in CQB if u are a guys that like more hiting the target than just shoting and praying to hit its a weapon for u!
  10. KnightCole

Yeah, either its lag, or this gun truly has **** for damage, but my god, people just rush right up to my face at the AMP station, down in the SCU room and survive a barrage of over 20 bullets.....wtf happened to the LMGs? They are truly SUCK now....they all have no damage and absolutely insane amounts of recoil...even with double grip...
  11. KnightCole

Hmm, it would be helpful if we could edit old posts, so we didnt have to double post a day later...

Well, anyway. I have an issue with the T16 and its no damage, I equate some of this issue to the Suppressor attachment that I have come to like, due to its removal of the gun flash. However, i am aware that it reduces effectiveness at range. I fear that reduction starts at the barrel end and is quite significant, because, well, I am finding myself firing GOBS of ammo into people

So, I am now asking, what does the Flash Suppressor do? Does it to remove the flash? Or does it just make it less prevalent? I hate the big ball of flame in my sight picture, which essentially blinds me and hampers my tracking of my target. Also, it blows my position from forever away, another feature I have come to like in the Suppressor. THose who use it, do you think the FLash SUppressor is worth the 100certs? The SUppressor used to be, but now im questioning it...
  12. Daddy Tickles

Personally, no. I prefer the gun without. Try it and see what YOU think.
  13. KnightCole

Yeah, I just unlocked it, will be playing with the flash suppressor tomorrow or something. Atleast it gets rid of that big ball of blinding light off the end of the gun. But as for making me visible to the enemy.....hmm, I liked being stealthy lol...
  14. Kyutaru

What it does is reduce fullauto accuracy, which defeats the point of using a T16 in the first place. No one ever notices you firing by muzzle flash unless it's night. The sound is what gives you away, stick with the suppressor. Counter the suppressor's disadvantage with High Velocity Ammo and you're set.

Remember that the T16 is a squad support weapon. You're not supposed to be murdering people with it, you either go Advanced Forward Grip to get precise shots on people who are wounded, Extended Magazine to take advantage of it's natural accuracy, or suppressor with nightscope for covert ops gameplay.

If you want something like the T16 with actual stopping power, use the T32 Bull. It does slightly less damage than the MSW-R and is probably the best gun TR has now.
  15. CaptAmazing

I am honestly curious about the last part, because I am not sure which Lmg to use myself. What do you mean with more stopping power? I thought T16 and T32 have the same bullet damage and ROF.
  16. KnightCole

Well, I unlocked the Flash Suppressor..will give it a wack...all I know, is the absurd amounts of bullets needed for a kill is getting old, and losing fights because that gun wont kill people is getting annoying. So, I will try this new fangled gizmo out and see what I get.

I did in fact get HV Ammo, I hate that **** because it serves only to jack up the recoil on a gun that already has absurd recoil. TR LMGs win only because of their high RoF and low recoil, giving them more recoil is like trying to run your car with no gas.

TR LMGs need their old recoil back......I would be fine with them giving the TR guns a worse CoF on Full Auto fire, but goddamit, give the things less Recoil so that they actually hit reliably.
  17. KnightCole

Yeah, the T16....its like the M60 LMG from Battlefield Bad Company 2. It simply fires to slow to truly be useful. Its more accurate and what not, but the damage vs its RoF is to low.....it needs to either fire faster or get more damage.....but when people are standing in front of the thing, taking sustained bursts from it and not dying....something is just wrong.

It took me 12 bullets to kill a Infil guy, which isnt bad, but the TTK is to slow given the RoF....

T16 is more accurate and crap, but yeah...it needs some help...maybe 150dmg vs 143, then less damage degradation out at range or something....I kinda like the T16, and the Flash Suppressor seems to be decent, but the T16 needs some help..

The T16 gets me killed with its TTK....I was just in a tower, dying because I had to spend so much time with one target that I got swamped by another...might just have to revert to the CARV, regret having spent 710 certs on the T16 and unlock the FLash suppresor for the CARV....

ALSO, Note, I now am on the bandwagon of HV ammo is not worth its Certs.....I notice no difference in velocity...HV ammo is pretty much spending 100 certs to increase your recoil from lol to WTFYO!
  18. Krona

On the receiving end, I see a hell of a lot more TMG's than T16's.

This could be because the TMG comes with alpha squad.
  19. Kyutaru

I don't know if it's the first bullet recoil difference or the attachments or something else entirely, but the T32 in all performance tests was only very slightly worse than the MSW-R. The T16 measured up to the TMG-50 at best. The T32 has a slight accuracy bonus in some areas over the T16, but that doesn't account for its shocking performance tests.

Whatever voodoo charm is attached to it, the T32 is outperforming everything.
  20. KnightCole

yeah, the T32 atm is by far and going away the best gun in the TR line, and ive trialed all but the CARV-S

T32 has next to no recoil, great bullet spread, good RoF, good CoF...and all in all its just a killing machine(this was with no gizmos)

I fell in love with it. Only I wouldnt spend 1000 certs for it...

Oh, and why are all the LMG medals T32 Bull medals?