[Suggestion] Switching Charactor/creating on same server timer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Nov 18, 2014.

1. AgentRed

I think there needs to be a 30min delay timer for people to switch characters/creating on same server. I have seen so many times in larger fights a person gets on their alt to blow up the enemy sunderer for example VS logs into their NC character then blows up NC sunderer. Then logs back onto their main to their group can press froward. Mainly happens on tech lab and amp station. The 30mins will give them like a small time out. But if they log out they should be able to use same character or one on a different server just be locked out of another character on the same server.
  2. FieldMarshall

In PS1 they had that. It was 24 hours. Then they lowered it to 12, and now its 8 i think.
    Worked pretty well. Most people liked it.
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

What the point?! did he won something? Heavy fights = a lot Sunderers...
    • Up x 1
  4. ajma

People will just create new accounts and keep doing the same thing.
    • Up x 2
  5. Pikachu

You think people have the patience to do that? I find it annoying enough to make one account.
  6. \m/SLAYER\m/

hmm, it's not easy to blow sundy with stock tools
  7. Xasapis

Stock lightning works fine. TK alts don't have much in terms of tools either.
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

weapon lock does
  9. ajma

You just need to create a second account with all your Tking alts.
    • Up x 1
  10. OminousZ

I just got gigged for naming and shaming for calling out a guy on the forums. I did it because it was NOT an accusation; i saw it with my own eyes and recorded him. Things like this are game breaking and should be adhered to immediately!! Then we can focus on nerfs and balance issues, but this is an exploit of the system.
  11. Degenatron

Out of everyone in this thread, only FieldMarshall and I are carrying a subscription. What you are dealing with is an unpleasant side-effect of having a free-to-play game. You can totally lock people into one faction IF you have a subscription only model. I'm fine with paying a sub, and obviously FM is fine with paying a sub, but how about the rest of you? Are you ready to start paying $15 a month just to play the game?

This conversation....

...goes to show that people don't really understand how far others will go to be low and petty.

YES, they WILL create a second account.
    YES, they WILL level it enough to get C4 or tank mines.
    YES, they WILL only use it to kill "friendly" AMSs.

You had better believe it.

Even requiring a subscription and instituting account switching restrictions won't stop 100% of jerks who REALLY want to abuse this. You will STILL get a few who not only create a second account, but also pay to keep that account, just for the sole purpose of griefing when they want to hurt the other team. Believe it.

So, unless all of you are willing to start paying a monthly sub and accept the fact that even THAT won't solve the problem 100%, then this complaint needs to be put to bed.

News flash: There are some low down, dirty, no good, rat finks out there in the world. You just have to get used to that fact because there simply is no way for the devs to code them away.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ownasaurusrex

Fourth factioning somewhat came from the server merges. Many people who created diff faction alts now have these alts in the emerald/ EUsuper servers.
    It's not creating chars it's being stuck with alts on same server.

Edit: a lot of time it's not teamkilling. It's when you're fighting the Overpop faction and run out resources on one of the underpopulated factions.
  13. TheKhopesh

I agree entirely.
    A lockout delay does nothing to stop those who are dedicated, and only the newbies do this til they realize that fights move too quickly from base to base and sundys pull up too often for one guy doing this to really impact the outcome of the fight.

He's no more effective than pulling a valk, going to max height as a suicide engie, and dropping down.
    He'll have to take a long time and he won't be able to down the +5 other sundys around before running out of nanites, getting locked, or having to log out.
  14. tf2hero

nope its still 12 hours
  15. ajma

I'm not from the US. In the economy I live in, $15USD is the equivalent to twice as much, relative to the costs of living, and the minimum wage is almost half of what people earn in the US. What's more, many professionals are not paid much more than the minimum wage. Then, you have people like myself, who love what they do, but are paid almost nothing (photojournalist). Am I ready to subscribe? Well, I can't afford it. I did put some money into this game two years ago and I would keep doing it if I could. Don't judge people so hastily.
    • Up x 2
  16. Xasapis

Actually I'm both a premium and boosted member, despite the forums not showing it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Crator

The DEVs always said they didn't want to do this because a lot of times people will buy a weapon that can be used on all characters and they didn't want to stop them from being able to modify load-outs on every character... I say, just make it so they can only modify the load-outs but not log in when on a empire switch timer....

But, others are correct... A timer won't help much because those who really want to do that will just create another account for free... If there was a subscription cost, or even a one time cost to create an account then it might work....
  18. Yuukikun

IKR, like those who just go on a hill and shell spawn rooms with their most used weapon. I don't know how could someone with any thing close to brain cells would think of this as legitimate and fair play, and doing so for almost 100 hours of literally just left clicking on a shiny square.
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

party crashers
    [IMG]
  20. Degenatron

But wait. Using the tools you are given as a part of legitimate play, to do what you have to do to win a base, is NOT a bad thing.

I sit on hills and supress spawn rooms. If I make a single kill after I get in position, that is NOT "my fault". It on the idiots who keep running out into HE explosions. I have Thermal, I have HE with max ammo and reload speed, I have high ground overlook on your spawn...here's a thought: DON'T SPAWN THERE. I certainly wouldn't. I'd spawn at the next base, pull an AP tank, and come knock that jerk off his perch. It's really not that hard.

And, at the same time, I completely understand that getting spawn locked is a complete buzz kill. I suggested a way to prevent it:

How to End Spawn Camping, Spawn Heroes, and Alamo Stand-Offs

But you're confusing legitimate (albeit cheesy) tactics with some really low behavior. If you have to log out and log in on the other team to attack the enemy, that's just admitting you aren't good enough to get the job done when the other guys know you're the enemy.