[BUG] Swearing Filter is stupid

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JokeForgrim, Dec 10, 2012.

1. JokeForgrim

Type "Sungrey Amp Station" into chat and Enjoy the LOL's
  2. wolfva

Yeah, even with the filter off, some words are filtered. Like, the names of bases. WHY are the names of bases filtered? I used 'bigger' in a sentence. IT was filtered. Meanwhile, players with names including vulgar terms for sexual organs run rampant. Go figure.
  3. Sukha1337

Who gives a flying **** about profanity. Its everywhere in television and in public.... 18+ with gore and profanity wont deter a single kid from playing this game I guarantee. You are already killing a bunch of people....
  4. XLander

Yeah god forbid you use trigger in a sentence in a first person shooter.
  5. ent|ty

[BUG] Swearing Filter is stupid

The ironic part is, according to the EULA, some of us can be banned for using 'offensive language'... what's the purpose of a filter for a game that is 'mature' rated, or if you could get banned by some kid who took off the filter for some unknown reason.
  6. wolfva

It's not Mature rated; it's rated T for Teen. They just don't want some parent getting on the 6ocock news kvetching about how little Timmy saw a nasty word while blowing people up. It's bad publicity. Got Tribes2's forum in big trouble back in the day to.
  7. Sukha1337

Modern day society FAILS AT LIFE!
    Timmy oughta get his *** kicked!
  8. Azren

I tired to type "Congratulations". Got filtered. I'm such a bad person :(
  9. Wobberjockey

that language is in there so they have cause to ban for things like racial slurs as well.

i would be surprised if someone got banned for run of the mill profanity, unless they were reciting carlin's "7 words you can't say on television" sketch

also is it bad that i can't figure out what the offensive part of some of these words are that's triggering the filter?
  10. KoSGunny

Angry, congrats.. Both words filtered with chat filter disabled.

Hitler, dick, and ***** however were not filtered last time I checked..

Yeah, about that..