[Suggestion] Swapping health/shield value.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scan, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Scan

Hey all,

Had trouble sleeping last night.

As I was lying there staring up at the ceiling, a thought regarding planetside 2 infiltrators just crept in my mind.

Would it be possible for our health (500) and shield (400) values to be swapped. I am uncertain wether or not this proposition has ever been made. If so, I currently can't imagine any reasons why to not do this, and if it wasn't, why didn't we think about this sooner?

I made a post about this on the suggestion forum, but it seems to be overlooked somewhat.

Hence I'm shamelessly alerting you, my fellow Infiltrator enthousiasts, to the existence of this thread here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-health-shield-values-on-infiltrators.151801/
    • Up x 3
  2. Chubrokoli

That happens often if many threads are opened at the same time

Thats a good idea all in all it is not logical that the shield is smaller than health.
  3. Scan

Wow... I honestly expected to raise more heads than this with this idea. o_O

Don't people see how this is a small, yet very effective improvement for our class?
  4. Chubrokoli

They are not interested because its no nerf or buff thread :(
  5. m44v

The change wouldn't be so significant so really I don't care either way.
  6. thepackett

I would like the change very much and it would be a very nice edge to have, but most people run with restoration kits anyway since anti personnel mines aren't that great. It would make the advanced shield capacitor a much more useful addition to our class, however it would also reduce the effectiveness of nanoweave. It would also leave us a little more vulnerable when cloaked as our shields don't regenerate when we cloak. I support the idea, but it's not a massive change (hence the reason heads aren't turning).
  7. Scan

Well, that's what's so great about this buff. If you look at it from a 1 on 1 point of view, where 1 guy kills the other guy, this change makes no diffrence.

Once you start looking at the bigger picture, after the 1 on 1 situation, the Infiltrator will have much more use for having his shield recharge to a full 500, instead of the 400 it is now.

He'll be just a little tougher for the next fight, but ofcourse only if he managed to survive the first one.

On the long rong, having 500 shields gives us ALOT more survivability, without becoming stronger or weaker in a 1 on 1 situation.

Since this is NOT a 1 on 1 game, having 400 health 500 shields would help us a great deal.

Plus: Nanoweave will not become less effective, because it will keep doing the same thing it is doing now: add 250 health.

The only diffrence will be we have 650 health, and 500 shields. Instead of 750 health and 400 shields.

The entire point INCLUDED making it somewhat safer to carry mines, instead of medpacks, because we won't use em as much as we do now.
  8. Leivve

The reason they let you increase health and not shield is because your shield can recharge, it's to keep medics important even to people with 5 nano-weave. If you have more shields you have less chance of taking actual damage as such it promotes lone wolf play, which they try not to encourage.
  9. Scan

Well, it's clear that when it comes to Infiltrators: they have no clue. That's why we the people playing Infiltrators, should make these suggestions, and support them, if we ever want to get our class to work the way we want it to work.

"Lonewolfing" and "Infiltrating" go hand in hand, but they are a diffrent thing entirely.

Even during operations, I play what most would consider "lonewolf", but contributing nonetheless to the overall team effort. Just because I'm not "with" my team, doesn't mean I'm not playing "for" the team.

I've posted a video about this yesterday, but people just don't seem to care for it.

The way I see it, anyone who remotely likes playing Infiltrator, should want this.
    If they are aiming towards making Infiltrator more fun and versatile to play, this is an excellent change.

This is a buff, and I'd love to see it implemented with the Infiltrator update.
    • Up x 1
  10. thepackett

The extra 100 shields is maybe an additional 1 bullet of regenerable shields, depending on the weapon used. The survivability increase is there, but one bullet for a class that is already weaker than others is not that much. I would like this change, don't get me wrong though.

----------

My bad, I thought nanoweave was percentage based.
  11. MuNrOe